Speculation: The Official Bjugstad Thread: Alias Hate and Love not far from each other

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Since so many dont like to have Bjugstad Theme in any Thread we open, i thought it would be better to create an own Thread.

If you have a bad Day or dislike his play or even like his play post it here.

A Thread for the best Player on this Team, the one who have 5 assist in 9 Games, our Top 6 Pro Scorer.
That Player who like to get paychecks, but shines with Assist then Goals. Btw for that people shredded Jokkinen and his 4 Million contract but for Bjugstad fans is that an Argument.

That why i also call it love and hate Thread, cause Fans always shout about a thing on a Player but then say its okay for there BigStar who play the same thing. :D

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
100% replaceable.

I'd be willing to take the 10 percent chance that he regains his 24 goal form with another team.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
He’s waiver fodder at this point.

I hope Tallon can at least man up and admit his mistakes and move on from them, for our sake at least lol.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If Tallon and Bjugstad leave this organization, this team better become a juggernaut. I've never seen posts about one specific topic so much on a board. No matter what the situation is, Bjugstad or Tallon will be brought up, and it will 95% of the time be negative. Petrovic literally willed a goal against his own team, and the whole GDT turned into posts about Bjugstad, who didn't do anything wrong, who actually plays decently.
Like I said, this team better roll to the top of the league and stay there for at least as long as the Wings run, due to the emphasis of the negative impact Tallon and Bjugstad supposedly had.
Fans like myself who have been with this team since the beginning, and have lived through an extreme length of putridness. Finally, that all started going away, and then ownership came in and destroyed it, the same source behind the decades of putridness in the first place, ownership. And yet, you hear me gripe about that 15% as much as people bring up, "oh god, Bjugstad", "oh god, Tallon", "oh god, if we had Smith and Marchy, heaven would be embracing us".
And it's a straight correlation, take out Bjugstad/Tallon = dynasty. There is no "buts" or "ifs".

Breaking Dadonov

Jan 25, 2018
At this point I’m fine with eating a little salary. Just bring in someone who can contribute. He’s really let us down this year and hasn’t looked any better with Barkov. It stinks because Bjugstad is a really good guy and I feel like he tries hard. He just doesn’t have the speed, agression and IQ necessary to be successful. I’m willing to risk him becoming good somewhere else. It isn’t going to happen here.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
If Tallon and Bjugstad leave this organization, this team better become a juggernaut. I've never seen posts about one specific topic so much on a board. No matter what the situation is, Bjugstad or Tallon will be brought up, and it will 95% of the time be negative. Petrovic literally willed a goal against his own team, and the whole GDT turned into posts about Bjugstad, who didn't do anything wrong, who actually plays decently.
Like I said, this team better roll to the top of the league and stay there for at least as long as the Wings run, due to the emphasis of the negative impact Tallon and Bjugstad supposedly had.
Fans like myself who have been with this team since the beginning, and have lived through an extreme length of putridness. Finally, that all started going away, and then ownership came in and destroyed it, the same source behind the decades of putridness in the first place, ownership. And yet, you hear me gripe about that 15% as much as people bring up, "oh god, Bjugstad", "oh god, Tallon", "oh god, if we had Smith and Marchy, heaven would be embracing us".
And it's a straight correlation, take out Bjugstad/Tallon = dynasty. There is no "buts" or "ifs".

I guess you weren’t here after management “blew it up” and every thread was people complaining about the defense.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Pretty sure he has surpassed Kuba and Versteeg on the level of hate/disdain on here. Might be in the Bouwmeester top tier.
Add Ballard.

I will forever defend Versteeg, Bjugstad, and Ballard as they made far more of a positive impression to be put in Kuba's category. Funny what did all three have in common? -Surgery ended their hot streaks with this team. They couldn't regain form or chemistry.

People often confuse injured/ailing with suck.

Kuba was completely lost in whatever...system they were running.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

DrMom9900

Nov 2, 2011
The thing that makes Bjugturd such a polarizing figure on this board is the false advertising. You have a 6"6 monster Center who was drafted high, and looked promising in his first few seasons. What we are seeing now is a complete failure of a person to succesfully utilize his skill set. And thats infuriating.

Either he has bad coaches or he straight up refuses to listen to his coaches. Also, society does not favor obviously apparent stupidity.. Bjugturd shows time and time again that he does not have the wit to be sucessful in a fast paced league like the NHL

Add to the fact he gets 'special protection' from the lord of the land sir tallon.

So you have someone that looks like hes something hes not [a top 6 forward], who is dumb, and who gets special protection from the ruling class . Sounds to me like a classic archetype for the spoiled incompetent prince that ends up at the guillotine once the people revolt.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
The thing that makes Bjugturd such a polarizing figure on this board is the false advertising. You have a 6"6 monster Center who was drafted high, and looked promising in his first few seasons. What we are seeing now is a complete failure of a person to succesfully utilize his skill set. And thats infuriating.

Either he has bad coaches or he straight up refuses to listen to his coaches. Also, society does not favor obviously apparent stupidity.. Bjugturd shows time and time again that he does not have the wit to be sucessful in a fast paced league like the NHL

Add to the fact he gets 'special protection' from the lord of the land sir tallon.

So you have someone that looks like hes something hes not [a top 6 forward], who is dumb, and who gets special protection from the ruling class . Sounds to me like a classic archetype for the spoiled incompetent prince that ends up at the guillotine once the people revolt.

Are you suggesting he deserves to be executed? It's just a game....

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Kindl was a bad trade and completely useless but at least he only cost us a low pick and was only here for a season and a bit (played a total of about 60 games for us). His retained 2 mill cap hit was too high but it was short-term/could be moved, bought out etc. We also never had particularly high expectations for him.

In comparison, Bjugstad is always viewed in context of what he was projected to be, the expansion draft, plus he carries a 4.1 mill cap hit until 2021.

He shouldn't be on the top line but sadly we currently don't have a better option.

Anyway glad this thread was created, hopefully all the Bjugstad talk can now stay contained here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad