HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I still don’t think Demidov is going 2nd overall. That being said, it would be interesting to see who the Habs go with if they had the choice between the two. Lindstroms size is enticing, especially when we already have Dach and Slaf, but Demidov brings something unique that we don’t really have.

If Demidov is a Habs, I would certainly see that type of lines:

Slaf - Dach - Demidov.
Roy//Newhook - Suzuki - Caufield.

That's a very solid top 6.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't think that's the question to ask.

If the forward you draft is Chipchura and the forward you trade for is Benoit Brunet then the forward you trade for is better but keeping the pick was the right choice cause both players are easily acquireable on the UFA market.

At this point of our rebuild the question is can you trade for a bona fide top 6 player under the age of 28? If not keep the pick and hope you can draft one with the four 1st round picks you got in the next 2 years. People underestimate the chances to draft a top 6 with four picks in two years. The chances are very good specially since at least one of the pick will be high. Peopl write off Mesar way too quickly btw.
Btw, I’m not writing him off at all.

Two points

1. He’s kind of redundant, we already have skilled players of his ilk and size either on the team or in the pipeline.

2. You need to give to get and I believe he has value. As you mentioned, people are possibly writing him off but he’s actually having a solid season.

Reactions: Runner77

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
They have all pretty much clinched and can coast in any game they choose to do so.
On the other hand they all enjoy playing at and feeding off the energy in The Bell Centre.

I'm guessing we get 2 points minimum 3 maximum. The law of averages says we win one or OTL two.
They gearing up for the playoffs and want to enter them with some momentum…doubt any of these teams will start coasting with 10 games left.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They gearing up for the playoffs and want to enter them with some momentum…doubt any of these teams will start coasting with 10 games left.
I don't.
Teams will coast it's a given.
It's actually better to coast now and ratchet up in the final games leading up to the post season.
We've seen teams who do the opposite pay a price case in point Florida two years ago.

Last edited:

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Watch the Habs go way off the board and take a goalie with our first pick ... The collective emotional breakdown around here would almost be worth it lol
If they did that I’d throw my computer out the window and build a quiet cabin in the woods with no Wi-Fi

• Haha
Reactions: Rozz and Gravity

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
So we are likely getting one of those first 8…..ready to live with that!!
I think worst case would be 9th if 2 of the teams finishing 10 to 8 last win the lottery. Very unlikely. I figure 7th is likely after lottery. Or 1 or 2 if Habs win the lottery. Which would destroy hf servers.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Watch the Habs go way off the board and take a goalie with our first pick ... The collective emotional breakdown around here would almost be worth it lol
You have more chances to be in Jennifer Lawrence's bed tonight than the chances the habs will pick a goalie with their first pick.

Last edited:

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Golden Knights vs Jets tonight is massive. A Vegas regulation win puts them within 6 pts of Winnipeg.

Arizona-Nashville is another interesting one. Obviously we want Arizona to win but if they don't, there is a silver lining as well. Coupled with a Jets loss, Preds will be 2 pts off third in the Central.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The Islanders are on the cusp of entering no hope territory.
They pretty well have to beat Fla. tonight.
Not good for us if their dream dies.

Reactions: rahad

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Flyers are trash. Worst team in the playoffs lol they're gonna get smacked if they somehow make it in

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
At least if Ottawa win that will be a tight fight for bottom 6.

Anyway I'm more than fine with top 8 pick.

Habs can always find a player with high potential in top 10-15 next year aswell.

Zach Benson #13 last year.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Guys guys we are only 3 points out of 10th this is a huge success we can't pick a decent player so I'm going to start looking at trade options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad