HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
It'll be 6 d men in the top 10.

All of Levshunov, Dickinson, Silayev, Yakemchuk, Buium and Parekh are going top 10.
No more than 4 of them, I think. The forwards talent pool is shallow and lots of teams need good forwards. Celibrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, Eiserman, Iginla, Helenius have all good chances to be top-ten.

Reactions: vokiel

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
No more than 4 of them, I think. The forwards talent pool is shallow and lots of teams need good forwards. Celibrini, Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, Eiserman, Iginla, Helenius have all good chances to be top-ten.
6 is a sales person' optimistic prediction. Yakemchuk, Silayev and Parekh are pretty doubtful in the top 10.

Reactions: Ozmodiar and rahad

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's going in the top 5 - he's already getting healthy KHL minutes, he's 6 foot a thousand and a defenseman. He would take that long to be NHL ready regardless.
He's missing a lot of tools for the NHL. Like opening shooting lanes skating laterally on the blue line. I've never seen him do it effectively. It's not that important in the KHL, but in the NHL with less space. Another one is his first pass reaches his target often yes, but rarely tape to tape. Also possible because more space in the KHL.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He's missing a lot of tools for the NHL. Like opening shooting lanes skating laterally on the blue line. I've never seen him do it effectively. It's not that important in the KHL, but in the NHL with less space. Another one is his first pass reaches his target often yes, but rarely tape to tape. Also possible because more space in the KHL.

He's not my guy at all - but NHL scouts love him a lot and if he continues to have a top 3 rating by scouts going into the draft, he's going to have a selection that mirrors that belief.

Reactions: Rozz

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
He's not my guy at all - but NHL scouts love him a lot and if he continues to have a top 3 rating by scouts going into the draft, he's going to have a selection that mirrors that belief.
Question of risk vs reward. I think GMs will make sure this ratio is manageable, and this is when they might tell some NHL scouts off.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

As a side note, there doesn't seem to be a mandated rink size in the KHL. They use all 3 sizes (NA, FIN and International).

Reactions: vokiel

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
As a side note, there doesn't seem to be a mandated rink size in the KHL. They use all 3 sizes (NA, FIN and International).
Did not know. I just noticed on the shifts by shifts of Silayev that he exploits zones of passing often. He puts the puck around where he thinks his team mates can get it. Very few long targets, some short zone exists. I thought that's more because there's room to do it, than a knock on his passing.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
why am I still scared they will find a way to blow this game?! lol
I told my girlfriend "they should win... But it's the sens. f*** why am I scared of a 5-0 lead" to which she replied "because they suck"

I don't have a lot of faith in the sens, they simply fail to meet expectations time and time again. Teams like that (sens, ducks, buffalo) haven't made the playoffs since like mid 2010's and I feel like our rebuild is much further ahead. I wouldn't trade our roster for theirs, not even the wings at this point.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
I told my girlfriend "they should win... But it's the sens. f*** why am I scared of a 5-0 lead" to which she replied "because they suck"

I don't have a lot of faith in the sens, they simply fail to meet expectations time and time again. Teams like that (sens, ducks, buffalo) haven't made the playoffs since like mid 2010's and I feel like our rebuild is much further ahead. I wouldn't trade our roster for theirs, not even the wings at this point.
💯! time and time again they straight up shit the bed in games they should easily win.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

top10pick.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad