Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Don't be silly. Here's how you should be carrying your laptop

Pocket-Book.jpg

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I should show up to the next CFHF Gathering like that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
tfw someone who has never even picked up a comic in their life, let alone read one, tries to lecture you about comic based movies :rant:
I never read a comic book until about a year ago (Now I have read the first 155 issues of The Walking dead and am 3/4 of the way through Book 1 of the Preacher Anthology. But I really enjoy alot of comic book TV shows (much more than the movies) such as TWD, Preacher, Outcast, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil and Lucifer.

I still can't speak on anything but The Walking Dead since I haven't read much or any of the others, I like when TWD is different than the comic books; it would make the show much more boring if it matched up exactly and with the possibility of contract disputes and such they need that flexibility. However I think certain plot points need to stay the same (like the TWD premier) as not doing that will corrupt the path of the show.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
For those of you that live in Calgary, how would you rate Shaw 150 internet and their gateway HDPVR, I'm currently with Telus but contemplating switching to Shaw because of a cheaper package but want to cover all my bases before switching. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
For those of you that live in Calgary, how would you rate Shaw 150 internet and their gateway HDPVR, I'm currently with Telus but contemplating switching to Shaw because of a cheaper package but want to cover all my bases before switching. Thanks in advance for any help! :)

I have their 150, and it's the bomb. I usually get about 175~ mbps, so higher than they advertise.

Don't have cable though so can't speak to that.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My experience is that Shaw is complete garbage.

Want to save money? Call Telus and ask to speak to someone in loyalty. Tell them you're considering switching to Shaw. Boom, great deal.

Agreed. I'm not in Calgary but the only advantage to Shaw was their customer service and that is not the case anymore. As ****** as the customer service at Telus is, Shaw is as bad or worse and I don't feel their product is as good.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I have their 150, and it's the bomb. I usually get about 175~ mbps, so higher than they advertise.

Don't have cable though so can't speak to that.
I'm in Lethbridge, but I switched to Shaw from Telus for the 150, and I'm very happy with it. The HDPVR pack is good, as well. I get the same channels I did with Telus (actually more) and can record five shows at once if I need to (and with my roommate's ****** TV show habits, it has become necessary), and I'm paying $50-60 less per month.

As II said, I also get around 175 mbps down and 15-20 up.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Anybody planning on watching the Kovalev - Ward boxing match on Saturday? The winner might be the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Anybody planning on watching the Kovalev - Ward boxing match on Saturday? The winner might be the best pound for pound boxer in the world.

I immediately assumed this was an Alexei Kovalev/Aaron Ward charity match, and then I was like "wait, isn't Wardo in prison?"

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I immediately assumed this was an Alexei Kovalev/Aaron Ward charity match, and then I was like "wait, isn't Wardo in prison?"
There were just misdemeanor charges. Since his wife was charged too, they probably ended up all being dropped.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm going on my first hunting trip tomorrow. I can't actually shoot, but it's still going to be a really cool experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad