OT: The Off-Topic Thread XV - FINGAL Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Thanks guys. I just don't know how to process this. My grandpa passing sucked but I never really got too close to him like my uncle...He took me to my first and only NHL game. Leafs hosting Crosby and the Pens the year they won the cup.

funny thing is he's getting cremated in a Leafs jersey. He always went to a game whenever he visited from England.

Last edited:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Thanks guys. I just don't know how to process this. My grandpa passing sucked but I never really got too close to him like my uncle...He took me to my first and only NHL game. Leafs hosting Crosby and the Pens the year they won the cup.

funny thing is he's getting cremated in a Leafs jersey. He always went to a game whenever he visited from England.

You never get over it man, nor should you so don't try to. There's no book on how to grieve, do whatever you feel you need to so long as it's not self-destructive. You will learn to live with it, eventually. Your allowed to be upset right now, so give yourself that and just celebrate his life. Again, my condolences.

bWo*

so, you guys remember when I said that my uncle had cancer?

well....he passed today....and I don't know how to cope with this. I was really close with him when I was younger and I really looked up to him. He wasn't supposed to go this soon too. I just....am too shocked.....distraught for words.

I am sorry to hear bud. I dont have anything to say that can help you through this situation ( i havent lost anyone yet, thankfully) but you have my most sincere condolences. **** cancer

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
My condolences.

Cancer sucks. I lost my father few years ago to a non-curable lung disease, and that disease was really **** him the last couple of years. Still, can't even imagine how it is with cancer.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I just bought my first personal laptop ever :laugh:

Used 14" Dell Latitude E6410 for 190€. It has i3 processor and a HDD so I'll probably upgrade them at some point, i7 processor and a 128GB SDD shouldn't cost too much. I think I'll do memory upgrade 4GB --> 8BG as well.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'm so hungover. I woke up this morning and I was wearing eyeliner :laugh:

That's what happens when you consume an entire bottle of tequila. I haven't drank that much in a very long time.

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I had few strong beers (Hardcore IPA) and almost 3/4 of a rum bottle. Surprisingly, not even a hint of hangover when I woke up.

And then I watched the game. Best Sunday ever :laugh:

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Not even in Golden yet :(

Pulled over to rest because I stayed up too late lmao

You plowing through and driving until you get here? Or you gonna stay overnight somewhere?

Better check to make sure the eyeliner isn't a decoy for something else you may not be aware of.

796546.jpg

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Weirdest thing. Drank a bunch of beer last night, went to sleep at 2:30 (after the time change), woke up completely wired and without any ill-effects at 7 am. I'm going to crash hard at some point this afternoon, but right now I'm enjoying it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Weirdest thing. Drank a bunch of beer last night, went to sleep at 2:30 (after the time change), woke up completely wired and without any ill-effects at 7 am. I'm going to crash hard at some point this afternoon, but right now I'm enjoying it.

Usually how it is for me, none of my friends understood how I did it every time but the last couple times have been a struggle though :laugh:

12 Budweiser, Mickey of Fireball, 5am bed time, 10am up and drag my ass to work, do some paperwork, say **** it and go home :laugh: :help:

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Usually how it is for me, none of my friends understood how I did it every time but the last couple times have been a struggle though :laugh:

12 Budweiser, Mickey of Fireball, 5am bed time, 10am up and drag my ass to work, do some paperwork, say **** it and go home :laugh: :help:

It used to be just like that for me. Unfortunately the age catches up :help:

So last night was a nice exception

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

That's what happens when you consume an entire bottle of tequila. I haven't drank that much in a very long time.
Sounds like Mrs. Hox made you her ***** last night. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad