OT: The Off Topic Thread Part IV: Monkey Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I asked this a few weeks ago. He got the banhammer.

Well he did tend to go rage mode quite a bit... It got annoying. He did give some good insight, but if you disagreed with them, that's when he went rage mode. Can't say I am surprised that he got the "banhammer" :laugh:.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Stockholm. Was there a few years ago, really nice city. They like hockey which is a plus! They are also huge floorball fans. The Globen Arena was sold out to watch a floorball game, the capacity was 15k. Almost forgot to mention I also watched a HV71 team practise. The population isn't too big, Stockholm is also located on several islands. The city has a also dedicated a large amount of land to parks and green areas. don't know how to explain it, just like any event you have to experience it yourself.

Would like to live there but time will tell.

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Tokyo or Osaka for the indie/alternative rock/shoegaze scene. Or one of the numerous adjacent cities. Possibly Calgary to be close to the Flames. I honestly can't think of any others. The idea of living in a big city (150,000+) doesn't really appeal to me.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Tokyo or Osaka for the indie/alternative rock/shoegaze scene. Or one of the numerous adjacent cities. Possibly Calgary to be close to the Flames. I honestly can't think of any others. The idea of living in a big city (150,000+) doesn't really appeal to me.

Tokyo, Osaka and Calgary are all well above 150k

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
yacht-charter-pula.jpg

Pula, Croatia.

Not as touristy/busy as Dubrovnik or Split would be, and on the Adriatic coast. Beautiful city, close enough of a drive to Bosnia-Herzegovina to see family, and when I was there as a kid it was nothing but fun. Got a good history, and as you can see, an arena from the 1st century CE, built by the Romans.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Calgary

Not even kidding. Close to my nephews and brother. I could go to Flames, Stamps and Roughnecks games. It would be perfect for me.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I didn't know there was a fellow shoegazer on this board. Cool. :yo:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In Canada, Victoria. In another country, Baarn in the Netherlands. Kinda upscale, 30 minutes from Amsterdam and just a beautiful place.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'd like to live a simple life in Calgary or Lethbridge (where I was born).

I would love to live in California too, but everything is so damn expensive. So, for now, I guess I will stick with the desert -__-.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
On a side note, what kind of music do you guys listen to?

I am a huge country music fan. I like to listen to metal/alternative rock when I am in the mood, but country will always be my number one favorite genre.

May 27, 2012
Earth
Everything but country, can listen to a few songs but that's it. Can't listen to screamo either, can't forget about rap. The only rap I can listen to is Eminem alone. If I listen to other forms of rap that is only rapping I can't handle it. I don't mind the rap/hiphop in collaborations with different genres though.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
If you guys could live in any city in the world, which one would it be and why?

Seriously though, I'd love to live in Vancouver or London, England because of its beautiful architecture.

However, where I'd love to live most (in Canada) would be in the Rocky Mountains or on the tip of the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario.

indian-head-cover-bruce-peninsula-np-2.jpg

I would love waking up to tall cliffs along those lake clear, blue-green waters.. just beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad