GDT: The NHL Trade Deadline: More Trades Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
If the devils trade today it will be nothing small... its gonna be huge..like karlsson or nothing.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Am I just misreading this or does JQ make sense as a guy to move? Former 1st round pick that’s still young and presumably has value around the league. Our staff doesn’t seem too thrilled with him as a player. We’re loaded on the wings, especially if we bring Grabner back. He seems like our highest value asset that Shero would be okay moving. I’m sure he’d be fairly appealing to a rebuilding team.

I like what I have seen from him.. but your point is valid especially since shero did not draft him and these guys really like making their own mark.. that being said he is gonna be a solid if not good NHL player in my opinion ... and he should have made the team out of camp this year if not for bratt.. ridiculous play and getting #1 overall pick... would I move him and severson and our #1 for karlsson.. you betcha

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
The only player I'd love to see us trade for is Andreas Athanasiou. I think he'd be an excellent fit and we would be blazingly fast with him. I just don't know what I'd give up for him and I think he'd likely be too expensive.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I think Ray will be looking to restock some picks. No 2nd or 3rd this year just doesn’t seem like something that would jive with his overall plan, even with the team slightly ahead of schedule.
agreed... but we got a boatload... in past two years so not gonna stress about it

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Am I just misreading this or does JQ make sense as a guy to move? Former 1st round pick that’s still young and presumably has value around the league. Our staff doesn’t seem too thrilled with him as a player. We’re loaded on the wings, especially if we bring Grabner back. He seems like our highest value asset that Shero would be okay moving. I’m sure he’d be fairly appealing to a rebuilding team.

I could definitely see a better version of a Matteau-DSP type swap

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Karlsson and OEL scream of draft day trades more than anything. I'll be surprised if they move as well.

The deadline has been less active the last couple of years if I remember correctly. I think the bigger names to move today will be E. Kane and Green.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ

I was talking to another fan at the Devils game on Saturday night. He was saying that Ottawa's ask from the Devils for Karlsson was Zacha, Severson, McLeod and 2 1st round picks.

Of course, no idea if that's legit or not, plus it would be the initial asking price which would certainly be high...but that wouldn't be anywhere in the ballpark of what I'd consider giving up for Karlsson.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Moore shoukd not touch this roster in the playoffs so I want him moved

Hayes and Stafford are depth unless we are upgrading

Quenneville+Stafford/Hayes for a young 3rd liner?

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I was talking to another fan at the Devils game on Saturday night. He was saying that Ottawa's ask from the Devils for Karlsson was Zacha, Severson, McLeod and 2 1st round picks.

Of course, no idea if that's legit or not, plus it would be the initial asking price which would certainly be high...but that wouldn't be anywhere in the ballpark of what I'd consider giving up for Karlsson.

I think a Karlsson for Zacha/Severson/2 1sts trade was proposed on the trade forum and most of us scoffed at that. No way in hell I'd give that up, let alone throwing Mcleod in. For a resigned Karlsson I could however consider something like Zacha/Severson/1st although I'd honestly prefer something completely different, more along the lines of Bratt/Butcher/picks.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Yeah I really do think they’ll trade JQ. Maybe not today but the offseason. He doesn’t seem to be in favor with the new management. He doesn’t quite fit the way they want to play and still likely has a fair amount of value. Maybe for a guy like Ethan Bear in Edmonton? That’s just a random name that could fit the bill but something along those lines.

Personally, I’d rather see him in a package to acquire a top six forward or top four d. Much rather deal him than McLeod even if we added more.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

giphy.gif

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Didn’t want Cole, everyone had him pegged here but did not understand for the life of me where he’d fit. Also a 3rd rounder seems about right. Sens made out okay with that Brassard deal.

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Didn’t want Cole, everyone had him pegged here but did not understand for the life of me where he’d fit. Also a 3rd rounder seems about right. Sens made out okay with that Brassard deal.

Yeah we don't need another Top 4 D. Go for the homerun or stand pat and keep the locker room intact. Either way I'm fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad