GDT: The NHL Trade Deadline: More Trades Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I'm fine with what we have currently and hope the most we do is off load our surplus and glut (Hayes, Stafford, Moore, Lovejoy...etc) for picks. IE: The best return possible

I want absolutely nothing to do with Erik Karlsson/Bobby Ryan.

OEL is the only player I look at today, and I don't think that' a deadline deal, but rather a draft day/off-season one.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Don’t think we make any major moves. I could see something like JQ being dealt for a defenseman of similar quality.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I can think of 65 trades I'd like to see the Devils make :sarcasm:

But yeah I'm not expecting much. Nothing at forward and maybe something small at D or not at all

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Don’t think we make any major moves. I could see something like JQ being dealt for a defenseman of similar quality.

I don't think we take on any more defensemen unless we're moving one out. And I don't see Shero dumping Moore or Lovejoy for a pick, especially not after just trading for help. It would send a mixed message to turn around and deal a well respected vet days later.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Not expecting anything huge from Ray. I figure we trade one or two guys like lovejoy, Moore, Stafford, or Hayes to get some picks back

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah we really don’t need to be wasting assets on “depth” guys. We already have too many of those.

If we can’t make a trade to upgrade the D I don’t think anything really gets done.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Not expecting anything huge from Ray. I figure we trade one or two guys like lovejoy, Moore, Stafford, or Hayes to get some picks back

Stafford or Hayes I could see (although I don't know what, if any, value they have). The other two I don't think are going anywhere though.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’d love to get anything for Hayes and Stafford but I don’t see anyone giving up anything more than a conditional pick for them. Who knows though, it Gionta signs a deal why not them?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They aren’t going to trade away all the depth.

A healthy lineup leaves Stafford and Hayes as the bench warmers they are. I think Shero would prefer to not shake the locker room up just so we can get a 6th round pick back.

As much as I wouldn’t mind them being shipped out, it would send a mixed message to the team to trade either Moore or Lovejoy for futures.

I could see one depth forward being sold off, but not both. I don’t see any D being shipped out

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Had a dream we got Namestnikov and he scored 2 goals in the first few minutes of his debut. And then we lost 9-4 lol.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They aren’t going to trade away all the depth.

A healthy lineup leaves Stafford and Hayes as the bench warmers they are. I think Shero would prefer to not shake the locker room up just so we can get a 6th round pick back.

And that's a healthy lineup even 'without' MoJo, once Gibbons gets back now that they added Grabner.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Wood-Zacha-Bratt
Grabner-Zajac-Noesen
Coleman-Boyle-Gibbons
Stafford/Hayes

If we do nothing then the big loser of the day is Mueller.

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
Sportsnet likes the Grabner deal much better than Nash because it cost less and "over the past few years, Grabner has been the better player"

Reactions: HBK27

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Sportsnet likes the Grabner deal much better than Nash because it cost less and "over the past few years, Grabner has been the better player"

yah its hard to knock what we paid for Grabner when yo see what Boston gave up for Nash :laugh:

Ech0

Oct 3, 2006
Norwood, New Jersey
Ah yes, time to wear out that F5 key.

giphy.gif

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I tell myself every year that I'm not going to get into the deadline, and here I am again switching between a livestream, Twitter, and HF with little to no sleep.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's not the only one, I don't think he's looked the same this season at all.

It all depends on what you think of how his injury affected him this year and whether it'll be a long-term problem going forward. The panel did talk about how his foot surgery was pretty complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad