The Newer, Officialer Sidney Crosby Sporadic Post Thread! [ALL Crosby talk Goes Here]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
The Big P said:
The ironic part of all this is that Crosby reminds me, and alot of others, most like Forsberg only with better top speed skating.

"He sald...throwing Foppa Rules a banana"

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Foppa_Rules said:
Crosby is NO Forsberg, I can tell you that much. Nobody is like Forsberg. Nobody ever will be. What is a golden boy? Sid Crosby.

You have never seen him play. He has earned his reputation. People talk about him because he has done more in 16 years than any hockey player in the world besides Wayne Gretzky.

I have watched Crosby a lot, you have never seen him. I will tell you how he plays instead of you guessing how he plays. If Crosby stays on track, and there is no reason to think he won't, my opinion is that Forsberg-like production is the low end of his potential. He plays like Forsberg away from the puck, has similar strength and balance but is showing several and consistant signs that he will be faster, have better vision, better puckhandling and finishing skills. If you've never seen him then you won't understand. Me saying that makes you hate him more, but it's my honest opinion, sorry if you don't like it Troll.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
Excuse me, but I am a Forsberg fan. I know about Forsberg, and I know there will never be another Forsberg; not Ovechkin, and certainly not Crosby.

How can you know there will never be another Forsberg when you don't know about the other players out there?

In any case, I'll agree with you, he'll be better than Forsberg...

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Having a local Troll isn't all bad, it makes for some good, positive conversation. I'm not insecure about Crosby's skills (as Foppa is about Ovechkin) so it doesn't bother me.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Last time i checked, to compare 2 players you had to have at least watched both of them.

Something Foppa hasnt done.

All his points are Moot because of this.

Nuff said.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Foppa_Rules said:
Actually I have seen over 40 clips of Ovechkin and a few of Sidneykins. Not nuff said. Ovechkin is better right now.

Clips are Clips.

You need to watch an actual game.

The Clips wont show the players down falls.

Does anyone have a clip of Ovechkin giving up the puck? Highly unlikely.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
Barf...barf...barf... Excuse me?! You did not say that!! Barf...

Well, I tihnk Crosby has the potential to be one of the greats of all-time, maybe top 25. Peter isn't, so there you go.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
No offense to the Ovechkin lovers out there but Crosby is a much better player than him.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Foppa_Rules said:
Yeah, whatever. Ovechkin is the #1 Junior in the world. That is undisputed.

Yeah, whatever. Crosby is the #1 Prospect in the world. That is undisputed

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
Seriously Foppa why do you come on this board if its only to bash Crosby.This thread has been done to talk about Crosby performance and stuff like that not to compare him with Ovechkin.So plz if you don't have anything good to say about Crosby then leave.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ah, there you said it. You all just want to sit here and praise Sidneykins till your hearts are content without having to prove anything. Sorry. Uh-uh. If you claim he is the best prospect in the world, which is entirely false, he will have Ovechkin to deal with to ge there. As it is, Ovechkin sits atop the mountain, and he is the king.

KariyaIsGod*

Foppa_Rules said:
Yeah, whatever. Ovechkin is the #1 Junior in the world. That is undisputed.

Logically, it's not disputed, considering there are a number of people disputing it right now...

Also, Forsberg isn't the best player in the world....

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
To defend 'foppa' for just a second, I believe his statement that Forsberg is the best player in the world is accurate at the moment. The problem is the shelf life is expiring rapidly. Forsberg's on his last NHL legs, and will quickly lose the title once 2003-04 is over. For right now, however, I believe there is no one better. His points-per-game counts for a lot. So does how the Avalanche look with him in the lineup (scary), versus without him (pedestrian).

HAVING SAID THAT, Crosby's the real deal. Seeing the kid live has given me a greater appreciation for his skill level. I don't know how other people define STRENGTH but to me this kid has incredible lower-body strength for a player still a year away from his draft class. He's dominant in the corners, because of his combination of strength, puck skills and shiftiness. And he's also very creative. As creative as they come at any age.

I will sustain from comparing him to Ovechkin because others in Europe have seen him play a lot more than I have. Suffice to say we're talking about a player (Ovechkin) that is virtually two years older than Crosby. That, in the world of prospects, counts for a lot.

Crosby's biggest flaw, in most people's eyes? I'd say the bad reputation the 'Q' still carries around...even after their much stronger performances at recent Mem Cups, even after the explosion of awesome goaltending talent...heck, even after all that Mario Lemieux has accomplished in his career. The 'Q' gets a bad rap and not even "Sidneykins" can change that. In fact, I wouldn't have rated Dion Phaneuf ahead of him in Prospect World either, but that's for another thread I suppose.

Is Ovechkin's upside even better than Kovalchuk's? That's open to debate. Then again, these are all prospects and youngsters that have yet to reach their prime. A lot can still happen. However, I wouldn't be so quick to make strong declarations about anybody, ESPECIALLY a 16-year-old that has already dominated a league that SEVERAL Hall-of-Fame players could not do in the past. Did you know that only 2 players surpassed the 100-point barrier in the 'Q' this season??? Yep, you guessed it, "Sidneykins" and his sidekick Dany Roussin. Now, unless Roussin is the second coming of Luc Robitaille (not that he couldn't be but it's a tall order--the comparison fits because of their position, skill set, flaws and draft position), me thinks "Sidneykins" had a lot to do with that.

Basically, the sky's the limit for Crosby. When a Gretzky not only talks about this player breaking some of his records but also about how the NHL game is cyclical and that every so often there will be a player that comes along that will change the way the game is played (and he did say that not too long ago and he was talking about Crosby), well I for one take notice...and I know millions of others do as well.

All I know is that if you're team IS NOT going to make the playoffs in 2004-05, IF THERE IS A SEASON that is, then I think getting in on the Crosby lottery is almost like winning the silver cup itself.

I also know that I really hope Ovechkin lives up to expectations, because a lot of people in North America hear comparisons to Crosby and that garners a lot of attention. I guess if you're in Europe, you compare Crosby to Ovechkin but on this side of the pond it's the opposite. Crosby is THAT good.

Lastly, was Ovechkin on the Russian World Championship team as a 16-year-old? If he was, then that's very impressive. If he wasn't, then that's the comparison you're making with Crosby. Let's keep the comparisons apples to apples, not apples to oranges. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad