OT: The new hfboards, now with a higher character limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
yep, way too bright. I get migraines, and this definitely doesn't help. Otherwise, the changes seem OK so far.

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
Hello, I am too dumb to find it myself, can someone point me to the option where I can disable signatures, profile pictures etc.? Thanks in advance. Cheers...

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Leaving out the stuff that has already been mentioned:

- I enjoy the notification system. Already had quote notifiers enabled, but it could get rather annoying. I think you could already watch threads back then, but didn't really look into that. Now, I disabled the auto-watch option for replies, and basically only added all the Ducks prospects threads I could find right now from the prospect board to my watch list, so I'll now get a notification whenever there's something new about them. I think that's pretty neat.

- The quick navigation needs to be adjusted, IMO. I used forum jump all the time, and it's just not a very quick navigation if I have to scroll all the way down. Window needs to be larger so I can actually quickly navigate. The links to the profile settings in there are just as quickly accessible by clicking on the logo, so that's redundant there and just takes space away from forums I could more quickly jump to.

Reactions: Duck Off

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Hello, I am too dumb to find it myself, can someone point me to the option where I can disable signatures, profile pictures etc.? Thanks in advance. Cheers...

For the signatures: Click your username at the upper right corner > click Preferences > Un-click the "show signatures" option. I don't think you can disable profile pictures though...

I had to disable the signatures already, due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any restriction to those anymore. Some of those signature pictures are so obnoxious, Good Lord...

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
- The quick navigation needs to be adjusted, IMO. I used forum jump all the time, and it's just not a very quick navigation if I have to scroll all the way down. Window needs to be larger so I can actually quickly navigate. The links to the profile settings in there are just as quickly accessible by clicking on the logo, so that's redundant there and just takes space away from forums I could more quickly jump to.
Yea, that's the first thing I noticed. I used quick navigation all the time.

Also, besides easier on the eyes background, choice of serif font would be nice. Sans-serif fonts are so 1999, we have high-res monitors now...

Last edited:

Yemeth

Feb 3, 2013
Zagreb
For the signatures: Click your username at the upper right corner > click Preferences > Un-click the "show signatures" option. I don't think you can disable profile pictures though...

I had to disable the signatures already, due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be any restriction to those anymore. Some of those signature pictures are so obnoxious, Good Lord...

Thank you very much!

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX

Thanks!

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Trophy Points & Likes feel like the reward systems they put in video games to keep you playing.

Was just thinking to myself, talking hockey is great, but it needs 1000% more virtue signaling and dog whistling. Et voila, a like system.

edit - I thought I posted this this morning, but it was still just sitting there in an edit box this afternoon, so I hit post...again(?).

Reactions: TesseracT

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Errgh, my eyes are killing me with this blinding white background.

Also having trouble telling where one post ends and another begins without having to look at the avatar. Needs more delineation or shading between posts.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Heh, I guess I now actually have an incentive to make it to 10k posts.

I really started to slow down my posting because I didn't want to admit to myself that I'm enough of a nerd to be this invested in a public, international hockey forum.

Now I can just tell myself that I did it for the trophy points. Which is comforting. I guess.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
You should also post one in the political forum for how heavily it is moderated like the lounge :sarcasm:

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Heh, I guess I now actually have an incentive to make it to 10k posts.

I really started to slow down my posting because I didn't want to admit to myself that I'm enough of a nerd to be this invested in a public, international hockey forum.

Now I can just tell myself that I did it for the trophy points. Which is comforting. I guess.

I like to think we are just a bunch of people that need an outlet for our hockey rage.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I’m going to bump this, because I think it was lost in the excitement of the new site...

I want to buy my nephews Ducks jerseys for Christmas. Anyone have any thoughts on buying jerseys for two year olds? Should I get them to fit? Or should I buy them bigger? What size does a two year old wear?

I might just go to the team store today. I’m sure they know what’s up.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I’m going to bump this, because I think it was lost in the excitement of the new site...

I might just go to the team store today. I’m sure they know what’s up.

Try Monkey Sports too. I would buy them on eBay though, better prices. As for the sizes you might want to ask their parents what size they wear? Some kids are bigger/smaller than others their age.

Reactions: DarthYenik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad