OT: The new hfboards, now with a higher character limit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Reddit is better than HF, because not every "main board" thread turns into a pissing contest. The GDTs are surprisingly civil. I feel like there are more pure hockey fans there, where as HF has more team fans.

That said, I am watching more games. What I mean by that is, I used to post about every little thing in a game, and I found that it interfered with me actually watching the game. I would miss stuff, because I was calling out a dumb play on the GDT.

But that's me.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
On Randy Carlyle... if the Ducks had hired former coach Mike Babcock (obviously fantasy), I think the interest and support would be totally different. I think most people feel that 2011 will eventually happen again before 2007 does.

Carlyle is like dating your ex; Babcock is like dating your old high school flame.

John

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Tomorrow's high here is -3 F and the low is -10. Am I crazy for actually liking that? So long as there is not too much snow, I would rather be a bit cold, than too hot.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Tomorrow's high here is -3 F and the low is -10. Am I crazy for actually liking that? So long as there is not too much snow, I would rather be a bit cold, than too hot.

Well, if you call -3 to -10 a bit cold, I might have to say yes. This morning I had to be out in 40 degree weather until it warmed up. I'm still thawing out and checking for frostbite.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Reddit is better than HF, because not every "main board" thread turns into a pissing contest. The GDTs are surprisingly civil. I feel like there are more pure hockey fans there, where as HF has more team fans.

That said, I am watching more games. What I mean by that is, I used to post about every little thing in a game, and I found that it interfered with me actually watching the game. I would miss stuff, because I was calling out a dumb play on the GDT.

But that's me.

Does the self-moderation keep the jax-es in check?

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010

But that's me.

I agree with you 100% on reddit. Main board threads here are usually terrible, Reddit's nature means you are forced to interact civilly with everyone to remain not-banned from /r/hockey.

As for watching the games I've been watching fewer this year. I work full time and I'm in grad school, as well as planning a wedding. I'm busy.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
What's absolutely horrible about reddit is the way they handle their content.

To just put the most popular stuff on top creates nothing but echo chambers while controversial opinions usually don't even see the day of light. In other words, a system that prevents conversations and disputes and encourages morons jacking each others off.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I take it this is the new OT thread.

h895601CE

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I like Reddit a lot, but I at least can have a different opinion on here and can talk negatively about this team when warranted. Try that on Reddit and your opinion gets hidden from everyone and you get told to shut up, can't speak negatively about the team or you're not a fan. So annoying.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
The Ducks Reddit page has never done it for me. Actually, pretty much Reddit in general. I like this place way more.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA

While I've never been in temps nearly that cold, I agree with the premise. You can always add layers of clothing to get warm. There's nothing to cool you off except AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad