OT: The Menu 20 Captain Dave Poulin/ Cody Webster Steak edition

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Prep is done. Corn, shrimp, red potatoes, chorizo sausage, mild sausage, cajun spice. Into the oven soon!
20220824_143119.jpg

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
The wife made Bahn Mi again, I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s called. I picked a few firecracker peppers to put on it, and one mystery pepper. The firecrackers are between 50k-100k scoville. They got a little kick to them!
@ellja3 any idea what the little orange guy second from left might be?
View attachment 579131View attachment 579130
looks loosely based on banh mi, but either way it looks delicious

id ad mayo (looks like there may be some on there...hard to tell, hoison or soy sauce, and fresh greens/mint/cilantro

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
looks loosely based on banh mi, but either way it looks delicious

id ad mayo (looks like there may be some on there...hard to tell, hoison or soy sauce, and fresh greens/mint/cilantro
The cucumber was a tad pale, but it is pretty much banh mi, I skip the cilantro, I don’t care for it it’s too overpowering in flavor. There is some (Korean?) mayo on there as well as soy sauce. It’s delicious.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
The cucumber was a tad pale, but it is pretty much banh mi, I skip the cilantro, I don’t care for it it’s too overpowering in flavor. There is some (Korean?) mayo on there as well as soy sauce. It’s delicious.
ahh okay the colors made me think it was pickled daikon or onion and carrot. kewpie mayo?

Reactions: Young Sandwich

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Looks delish, but I feel like this needed something to bring it together. Like no potatoes but in a jambalaya.
I told the wife that was what I wanted to make with the leftovers. She said she might just want the rice on the side to not dilute the flavors.

The original idea was to have a cajun seafood bake but mussels were way overpriced and I knew the chorizo would release too much grease(for her...lol) to cook all together. Wife can't handle too much spice so that's why I went with a mild sausage too. Oh, and she loves potatoes so knew she would like them with parm.

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
The wife made Bahn Mi again, I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s called. I picked a few firecracker peppers to put on it, and one mystery pepper. The firecrackers are between 50k-100k scoville. They got a little kick to them!
@ellja3 any idea what the little orange guy second from left might be?
View attachment 579131View attachment 579130

Sorry, can't tell from this angle. Also, what's the bigger orange pepper in the middle? The wrinkles are basically shouting ''spicy!''

PSA: before you guys mail each other poop, blood meal and/or horse manure are more sanitary and cheaper than mail. Thank you. We don't need another Chernobyl, but this time on that side of the ocean.

Edit: based on what's happening in Zhaporozhya (spelling?) plant in UA, this joke might have been a bit tone deaf, but eh.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Sorry, can't tell from this angle. Also, what's the bigger orange pepper in the middle? The wrinkles are basically shouting ''spicy!''

PSA: before you guys mail each other poop, blood meal and/or horse manure are more sanitary and cheaper than mail. Thank you. We don't need another Chernobyl, but this time on that side of the ocean.

Edit: based on what's happening in Zhaporozhya (spelling?) plant in UA, this joke might have been a bit tone deaf, but eh.
I’m not sure exactly, maybe a reaper?

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The top right corner is the only appropriate way to handle shrimp.
Skip the tail, there's only one proper way to eat shrimp:

View attachment 579460

Probably not, wrong shape. A little not wrinkly enough for Ghost too. But certainly not a mild one, haha.

Speaking of Reapers, waiting for these bad boys to ripen:

View attachment 579492

Bonus picture: T-Rex Chocolate

View attachment 579493

...aaaand Purple Ufo [those flowers in the background make the pic better]

View attachment 579495
My mouth is on fire already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad