GDT: The Masculine Daydream - Oil vs Flems 7:00 PM

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I like the fact we have several capable dmen competing for 5,6 and 7. Remember the DofD when our third pair was usually “Has Been” and “Never Was”.
3rd pairing? Could damn near be said about the 2nd pairing. Was if we were always missing a top pairing to push everyone one down a notch.

OilerMcLord

Oct 9, 2003
IMG_1109.jpeg

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
I think there's too many guys playing well for Erne to get a spot. I wouldn't be against him getting a contract and starting in the AHL though.

Ya, i hope if he doesnt make the team he gets through to bakersfield, incredible depth piece to have waiting for the first injury. He would have made every oiler team for the last couple decades.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Does any feel bad for the Flames getting curved stomped? I got a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach and thought what is wrong with me then, I thought I was feeling bad for the Flames. I realized it was a good feeling enjoying a good beat down of the Flames.

Sorry fellow Oiler's fans . I had to remove the video posting. I never watched it all and when I did there was some slurs about gays so I had to remove it. Apologies if I offended anyone as it was not my intention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Connor Brown must be feeling more settled in after a couple goals. Playing on a new club that must help out. The one goal was a tap in but the other was a beauty snipe on a quick release. Not the finish you'd see from Yamamoto there.
Yeah. I was glad to see Brown get those goals last night. As you say, it probably does help him feel settled regardless of the scrub level of competition. I may be wrong here, but I also thought ‘damn, filthy release’ on the second goal. However a reverse side replay seemed to show that half the net was wide open.

About the Yamamoto comment. I hope we aren’t going to have to keep seeing you say this all year long. Everyone knows you hated the guy for being small and limited. No need to keep beating that drum. Additionally, let’s not forget that Puljujarvi who had your vocal support all along, and who is BIG, missed many many chances like that as well. And fell on his face while doing so. So to be fair, if you are going to keep bringing up the little guy you hated, at least occasionally bring up the BIG guy that you loved too.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah. I was glad to see Brown get those goals last night. As you say, it probably does help him feel settled regardless of the scrub level of competition. I may be wrong here, but I also thought ‘damn, filthy release’ on the second goal. However a reverse side replay seemed to show that half the net was wide open.

About the Yamamoto comment. I hope we aren’t going to have to keep seeing you say this all year long. Everyone knows you hated the guy for being small and limited. No need to keep beating that drum. Additionally, let’s not forget that Puljujarvi who had your vocal support all along, and who is BIG, missed many many chances like that as well. And fell on his face while doing so. So to be fair, if you are going to keep bringing up the little guy you hated, at least occasionally bring up the BIG guy that you loved too.
Its all fair. Oilers are better off with neither. But Yama was always in topsix blowing chances and Pulju increasingly spent most of his time in bottomsix so not quite the same.

Yeah I hope not to mention either often or at all. Hopefully I don't have to when we play Seattle.

Anyway the honest impression I got seeing Brown score the snipe goal from the slot was thats a goal we've been missing from some of our topsix addons. I think Pulju could get 10 of those setups and not hit the net 3 times. Even on the tapin I've seen those missed often enough. Brown is actually ready for the puck to come to him.

Pulju didn't have my vocal support all along. he didn't even have my support until after Holland got him back and that he seemed to be at least working hard and trying hard. I was not a fan of the player all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: harpoon

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007
I think that likely has to do with the Oilers (Oilers+) wanting to put Pre-season games behind a paywall.
Sportsnet is just honoring that.
Yeah the only thing that happened was the flames website got my clicks and ad traffic. And I got to watch the oilers feed on the flames site :laugh:

Reactions: guymez

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Sportsnet has never televised Oiler preseason games except against the Canucks. No different this year.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I think that likely has to do with the Oilers (Oilers+) wanting to put Pre-season games behind a paywall.
Sportsnet is just honoring that.

Don't think it's that, SN West has declined to televise any Oiler or Flame pre-season games for a decade or so, despite every other Canadian and quite a few (probably even a majority) American teams getting their games on TV in the same time span. Not a new thing at all.

It's beyond dumbfounding that the Oilers have among the highest rated local broadcasts in the NHL, but SN refuses to televise the games.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Don't think it's that, SN West has declined to televise any Oiler or Flame pre-season games for a decade or so, despite every other Canadian and quite a few (probably even a majority) American teams getting their games on TV in the same time span. Not a new thing at all.

It's beyond dumbfounding that the Oilers have among the highest rated local broadcasts in the NHL, but SN refuses to televise the games.
Fair points.
SN also has 2 dedicated channels for Oilers and Flames games so they could have televised the pre season games and it wouldnt have interrupted any of other scheduled programming.

Reactions: AM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad