GDT: The List of MadDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
As someone who has basically let Schneider “work out his kinks”, I’m insanely worrried about him. The team could mask the defense if Schneider played like he did even just two years ago. The fact that he even has that many debatable goals proves the point that he’s giving up more bad ones than he should.

I’ll let him slide on the one last night due to injury but he had that 21 in 5 stretch a few weeks ago. Inexcusable for a guy who is supposed to be able to steal games.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I might ding Cory on the 3rd goal, but it was a 2-on-1 and Marchand is pretty damn good at scoring goals, so I'm not going to kill him for it. The first two he really had no chance on.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
marchand made a really good move and was wide open. He had all the time in the world to make a deke and he is one of the best players in the league at that. Not at all his fault some people are crazy

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
i said it right after the injury, and i'll say it again. cory had no business being back in net after that. ESPECIALLY under the circumstances (just returning from injury, kinkaid out). i don't know whose call that ultimately is- i'm assuming cory's- but it was absolutely brainless.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i said it right after the injury, and i'll say it again. cory had no business being back in net after that. ESPECIALLY under the circumstances (just returning from injury, kinkaid out). i don't know whose call that ultimately is- i'm assuming cory's- but it was absolutely brainless.
Meh, if he feels OK then he should stay in. Players, including goalies, need to tough it out sometimes.

As far as just coming back from injury, I thought it was the flu, which I assume he is now over, and thus shouldn't play into it.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
marchand made a really good move and was wide open. He had all the time in the world to make a deke and he is one of the best players in the league at that. Not at all his fault some people are crazy

I laughed reading through the thread when somebody said Marchand was "just an agitator". Apparently that person hasn't watched him the last few years. It's actually kind of remarkable that he found another level scoring wise at 27-28 when many guys peak offensively in their mid 20's.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I'm not into conspiracy theories...

...but something's gotta give with these refs.

this is exactly what i was going to say. of course there is no conspiracy against the devils, but this is getting ridiculous. questionable offisides goal turnovers, getting scored on against a team with 7 guys on the ice, missed call on Mojo, horse**** call on wood, and, the comedic cherry on top, a penalty clock that runs up instead of down. honestly, i can't even imagine what's coming next

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Meh, if he feels OK then he should stay in. Players, including goalies, need to tough it out sometimes.

As far as just coming back from injury, I thought it was the flu, which I assume he is now over, and thus shouldn't play into it.

i vehemently disagree. yeah players can skate it off sometimes- but this was his groin getting torn open like a christmas present. all it takes is for him to go side to side the wrong way once and we're looking at a very serious problem. christ, he was rolling around after the goal in agony.

it turned out to be serious enough for him to leave the game, so there is no excuse. a stupid decision

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Maybe the team is scared to give Appleby a start. It was obvious Kinkaid was banged up in the Washington game... should have never started in Philly.... looked real bad on all three goals.

Now Schneider is coming off being really sick and ends up getting hurt.

The story is that Appleby played two full periods in Philly and one in Boston and has been perfect. I think he gets the start tomorrow finally.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Any goal Cory gives up generates automatic responses from certain posters that are saved in advanced.

Cory could give up a 5 on none goal and have no chance and then would be called a horrible goaltender and the goal was a "softie."

That’s not too much of an exaggeration after he got ragged for a 5-on-3 goal last night.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i vehemently disagree. yeah players can skate it off sometimes- but this was his groin getting torn open like a christmas present. all it takes is for him to go side to side the wrong way once and we're looking at a very serious problem. christ, he was rolling around after the goal in agony.

it turned out to be serious enough for him to leave the game, so there is no excuse. a stupid decision

Hyperbole much? He was able to continue, so it was clearly not that bad.

No problem with it at all. Certainly not on Hynes, if anything it's on Cory.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe the team is scared to give Appleby a start. It was obvious Kinkaid was banged up in the Washington game... should have never started in Philly.... looked real bad on all three goals.

Now Schneider is coming off being really sick and ends up getting hurt.

The story is that Appleby played two full periods in Philly and one in Boston and has been perfect. I think he gets the start tomorrow finally.

Time to play him, both guys are hurt anyway. If he sucks, then Shero has the All-Star break to get another Lack-type in here (or for Lack to get healthy). If he doesn’t, ride him out till Cory is 100%.

The third goal and being pulled after suggested he probably shouldn’t have continued but he was trying to play hero in a crucial game.

Reactions: njdevil26

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

if he doesn't, i'll have lost all faith in this organization's ability to manage goalie workload.
I try to be optimistic, so I’m 99% sure applebeezus and ramona will get the start. can’t wait to see him play a full 60, I like what I’ve seen from him so far. his positioning has been great, and he’s been calm cool & collected after being thrown into some scary situations

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
if u think that cory was responsible for boston's first two goals you just hate the guy. it's that simple.

i get it, he's not marty.
Last night's not the problem. Not being a legend is not the problem.

But we did hear forever that he was an elite goalie. We gave up a high pick for him. We signed him to a big contract. Last year he was a below average goalie. This year he is barely average. That is the problem.

So people are going complain, and I think rightfully so.

Reactions: Palpatine

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Last night's not the problem. Not being a legend is not the problem.

But we did hear forever that he was an elite goalie. We gave up a high pick for him. We signed him to a big contract. Last year he was a below average goalie. This year he is barely average.

So people are going complain, and I think rightfully so.

i really wonder how his numbers would look if you subtracted every goal that was the directly the result of a garbage turnover in his devils career.

just for conversation's sake.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

- you watch him flopping and writhing in pain and tell me that's hyperbole

- he was not able to continue, that's the whole point. he came out eventually, so it was bad enough for him to sit.

- i agree, it's probably on cory. it was a stupid decision. and it's not like he didn't have 15 minutes to think about it while these geniuses couldn't figure out how a clock works.

look, if nico went down in a similar way, squirmed around on the ground, flexing like crazy, and hopped on the ice for the next shift, i doubt you'd be ok with it. which is the right way to feel, because it's needlessly risky. again- even more so in light of our recent injury issues. leaving cory in there is akin to slapping the hockey gods across the face with our ****s

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
- you watch him flopping and writhing in pain and tell me that's hyperbole

- he was not able to continue, that's the whole point. he came out eventually, so it was bad enough for him to sit.

- i agree, it's probably on cory. it was a stupid decision. and it's not like he didn't have 15 minutes to think about it while these geniuses couldn't figure out how a clock works.

look, if nico went down in a similar way, squirmed around on the ground, flexing like crazy, and hopped on the ice for the next shift, i doubt you'd be ok with it. which is the right way to feel, because it's needlessly risky. again- even more so in light of our recent injury issues. leaving cory in there is akin to slapping the hockey gods across the face with our ****s
If Nico got hurt, then was given 15 minutes to collect himself, then came back, sure I'd be OK with it. 3 different Devil players(4 in you include cory) were hurt for a bit only to come back into the game. All besides cory finished the game.

Much ado about nothing here.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
i really wonder how his numbers would look if you subtracted every goal that was the directly the result of a garbage turnover in his devils career.

just for conversation's sake.
This can be said of all goalies.

Every goalie faces tough shots.

Heck Rask made 2 saves on a single breakaway last night.

But again, not pinning last night, nor the Marchand goal on Cory.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
if there is any silver lining to this it's that nico and jesper are learning first hand just how f***ing difficult it is to succeed at this level.

i am so proud of the way they are adjusting to the national.

wait until they're both 22-23 years old and all of the garbage lou money is freed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad