GDT: The List of MadDog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
to be fair zacha's line has been playing as the second line lately, they've been run out after hall/hischier but playing a third line role doesn't really matter when zajac is slow, uncreative offensively and ineffective defensively

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
They’ve got the fifth most cap space as it is with over $20,000,000 available. This isn’t about cap space but your point is noted. They have adjusted better than we could have hoped, Bratt specifically. You’d hope at 1OA Nico comes in and does what he’s been doing.

the cap and what the organization can responsibly spend are two different things.

reminder that this team has $10,000,000 tied up on zajac and ryane f***ing clowe right now.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
i don't know why im so much more focused on zajac this morning i dont think he's the reason we lost yesterday it's just such a glaring weakness on a team that looked so much better before he came back, not that that is even necessarily a cause of that

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I would also imagine that Greene is getting a lot of the same matchups Zajac is, and given that they're both having bad years it compounds the problem.
Greene and Moore seem to divy up the tough minutes pretty even, Greene did get a minute more vs Bergeron. While Butcher get's the protected minutes.

So yeah tough minutes for Greene. He's 35. It's a lot to ask.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
can't put up points when he's not paired with the best wingers on the team the way he has been his whole career here

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
yeah last night was against bergeron, but it's every game. and regardless of who is on his wings
But every game he's facing teams best lines.

Not saying he's been good, but it needs to be considered. He takes the tough minutes and it reflects in his #'s. Which frees up other fwd's to get easier minutes and that show up in their #'s. Thus we shouldn't compare Zajac's #'s to other fwd's on the team.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
And another horribad Zajac game. I don’t know they can’t just flip him and Zacha. It’s mind boggling. Let Zajac just play defense without dragging down his line mates who are more offensive.

Zacha actually did play like almost 2 minutes more than Zajac in this one. In fact Zajac was 6th amongst forwards with 15:21, which is lower than his usual minutes.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think, when healthy, I'd like to see us try Gibbons Zajac Coleman again. It was an effective line when they were together. It can play that shutdown role, and we don't need to worry about whether it produces offense.

Then you stack the top 2 lines with our best offensive players, and cross our fingers.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Reminiscent of these Hollywood creeps "apologizing" for their sexual deviance after the fact.

It's inexcusable for it to happen, and the sorry's mean nothing.
I read the nj.com article and it didn't really saying what they were apologizing for. Or what they wanted the call to be.

But giving a team a double minor by mistake? Not sure how that thought process played out.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I think, when healthy, I'd like to see us try Gibbons Zajac Coleman again. It was an effective line when they were together. It can play that shutdown role, and we don't need to worry about whether it produces offense.

Then you stack the top 2 lines with our best offensive players, and cross our fingers.

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Johansson - Zacha - Palmieri
Coleman - Zajac - Gibbons (3A)
Wood - Boyle - Noesen (3B)
Stafford
Quenneville/Lappin
Me
Hayes

Reactions: tr83

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
And another horribad Zajac game. I don’t know they can’t just flip him and Zacha. It’s mind boggling. Let Zajac just play defense without dragging down his line mates who are more offensive.

When we were down to 4 D last night I chuckled to myself, hey if we wind up having to roll 4 the rest of the game, stick Zajac back there for some shifts

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
So do you want him to play with wingers who can score or not? If not then don't complain about his lack of offense.

no i realize that the wording of that is easy to misunderstand... im saying he's incapable of putting up points unless he has a hall, or kovalchuk, or parise, or jagr who are going to put up points regardless. im complaining about him even being on the team even though there's nothing we can do about it.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
I read the nj.com article and it didn't really saying what they were apologizing for. Or what they wanted the call to be.

But giving a team a double minor by mistake? Not sure how that thought process played out.

I don't even think it's an actual double minor. He got two separate minors. One for interference and one for crosschecking.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
That’s not the defense I was talking about lol

Yea I knew that :laugh:, was more of a let me have some fun and twist that portion of the sentence to what I joked to myself about last night when as noted, we were down to 4 D.

Particularly considering he's played better defensively as a forward than he has offensively as a forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad