The Leafs will come back and win this series

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
i was talking about this last night, outside of a few players(doughty for example) very few players show the same emotion in interviews they used to..i remember when vets used to fire off in post game after that kinda stinker. i loved when a veteran would come out and rip himself and his team for how they played, to me it showed they cared and were angry and fired up. in this age of social media and sensitivity it just doesnt happen anymore. its too bad but its just they way the game is now..very little personality.

what im getting at is i wouldnt read too much into their frame of mind solely by listening to the interviews given. lets see how they respond on the ice...that will be the true litmus test on whether or not they have conceded(which i sincerely dont believe they have)

go leafs!
Yeah I probably shouldn't read that much into it. But I get that vibe from this team that they just seem defeated. A lot of the mistakes they were admitting they needed to fix after game 1 stil happened game 2. Stupid penalties, bad goals, no offense. So they can say they know they have to fix things, but we'll have to wait and see if they show the change on the ice.

what interview were you watching?
i was seeing the ones on tsn, and they were basically saying well, it sucked but we have to move on and really do well on home ice. they didn't sound like they accepted a loss. I mean Andy looked the same to me, Bozak looked loose.

if Andersen can make some saves this team is very capable of winning 4 of 5.

I was watching the post game interviews...And that was my take on it. They looked defeated and didn't inspire much confidence, especially during the game.

The thing is, I know they are capable. Which makes it more frustrating.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yeah I probably shouldn't read that much into it. But I get that vibe from this team that they just seem defeated. A lot of the mistakes they were admitting they needed to fix after game 1 stil happened game 2. Stupid penalties, bad goals, no offense. So they can say they know they have to fix things, but we'll have to wait and see if they show the change on the ice.

I was watching the post game interviews...And that was my take on it. They looked defeated and didn't inspire much confidence, especially during the game.

well, we all will have different interpretations i guess...lets just see how they perform on the ice. thats the only thing that truly matters :thumbu:
go leafs!

Reactions: LeafsMonster

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

i wasn't questioning your take. i was simply asking interviews you were watching.
the ones today they seemed relatively upbeat.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Look at how Minnesota is pushing back against Winnipeg, throwing big hits, playing physical
Not expecting that in game 3 from our p***y ass soft team

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
well, we all will have different interpretations i guess...lets just see how they perform on the ice. thats the only thing that truly matters :thumbu:
go leafs!
Yeap, and there's obviously no right or wrong. I hope they prove me wrong and win this.

Like I said, they are definitely capable. Before the series and even after game 1, I wasn't worried. Still, if any team can come back in this series, its us. We haven't showed them the full power yet.

If those shifts where matthews took over are any indication, if we turn it on boston will feel the heat and we can dominate them. Just gotta turn it on and play the full game to that level.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
To be honest I don’t think Boston has completely dominated the first 2 games. Pretty sure Toronto out shot them game 2. Boston had a lot of bounces go their way and a few blown calls.
Yep. Kapanen scores on that breakaway and the entire outcome changes.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
i wasn't questioning your take. i was simply asking interviews you were watching.
the ones today they seemed relatively upbeat.
Ah yeah I didn't see the ones from today. I know you weren't questioning my opinion haha. I thought they didn't have a practice today so I actually wasn't aware there were more today.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Zaitsev has been piss-poor. He should be benched but the Leafs have nobody to replace him.

Dermott is a young man on an island because he plays with Polak.

And both Rielly and Gardiner can be seen trying to do too much on their own on several occasions.

As a result, the entire team D has been a disaster, to put it nicely.

Ergo, the blame should not be placed on the goaltending.

Andersen (and Mc in relief) have not been saints in this series. They need to be better. Period full stop. But really they aren't at the top of the blame list at all. No one is playing well, safe for maybe Hyman, Kapanen and Dermott. But at the same time, I really think there are only 6 players playing like absolute horseshit. Everyone else, while not playing well, are not the main culprit. Rielly, Gardiner, Hainsey, Zaitsev, Polak, Plek. Awful. They are the ones who should be focused on first and foremost.

Watching a couple of Pasta's goals, my jaw dropped on the coverage. Could not believe how open he was and how awful the coverage was. It was like they left the ice. If the Bruins D left Willy that open, he'd score those goals too. Rask wouldn't have a chance. It's easy to blame the goaltender, like the coach, cause he's one guy at the position. Easier to blame one guy than a whole unit or even team.

Further to this, I think we've had such poor goaltending for so long, some people have lost reality of goaltending as a whole. Goals go in. Goalies let goals in. You hope they limit them and don't let in greasy ones, but yes, all goalies get beat, cleanly as well. a lot. We've become so focused on our poor goaltending and Team Reimer and Team Bernier and all that crap, that we analyze every goal that goes in. Every goal is bad and shouldn't have happened. He should have done this or been there. Goals go in. Potvin, Joseph and Belfour let in clean goals. Every game. They also made some huge saves. So has Andersen. I honestly believe that unless we get 2014-2015 Price goaltending, people here will criticize the goaltending no matter how good because of the trauma suffered from Raycroft to Reimer and all of them in between.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Yeap, and there's obviously no right or wrong. I hope they prove me wrong and win this.

Like I said, they are definitely capable. Before the series and even after game 1, I wasn't worried. Still, if any team can come back in this series, its us. We haven't showed them the full power yet.

If those shifts where matthews took over are any indication, if we turn it on boston will feel the heat and we can dominate them. Just gotta turn it on and play the full game to that level.
starting now im repeating this every chance i get "in every series that goes 7 games, a team must be down 2 - 1"

Reactions: LeafsMonster

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Lol..is it possible to come back, yes..but not in the state the leafs are. Pull you heads put of your a** because there is not light because your eyes are covered with nutela. Leafs couldn't beat a AHL team the way they are playing. This is not the same team that won 105 pts in the reg season
Apparently you misunderstood my Kool Aid Reference. Too bad....

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The Bruins just look like a well balanced team in all areas, you can't really point at that team and see any real weaknesses, great goaltending, great D, balanced attack with a perfect mix of vets and youth. If they do win this series which is a high possibility unless the Leafs prove me wrong of course I can see the Bruins going to the SCF.

That said I do believe the Leafs are making them appear better than they really are with their uninspired shitty play.

At least everyone now agrees on one fundamental fact, if the Leafs don't win game 3 this series is over.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Boston would have to have either a epic choke job to lose this series or the boys in blue we see on the ice for next 4 or 5 games will be the greatest we have seen since 1967. We will need to be dominant to beat a 112 point bruins team that is very dangerous and well built. It wont be easy, but if they pull it off it will be one of the leafs all time great series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad