The Leafs will come back and win this series

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

TmlHockeyFan

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Feels bad man. I was so so optimistic before the series started. Still optimistic after first game. Not anymore however. That being said we can always hope.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs must win both games #3 and #4 at home or its all but over, but the crying.

That much I know.

At present it looks like they're doubling down on their last Boston series collapse loss based on being totally dominated and outscored 12 to 4 so far.

We require a major turnaround to avoid that and has to start tomorrow as a must win game.

Reactions: great and Kelly

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I will be happy if they play hard and with passion, fire and take back their dignity. Look what PHI did to PIT after getting run in G1. We rolled over when at worse we should have lost in OT.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
We lost the first two games in pretty brutal fashion, but it’s still just 2 losses, and teams come back from 0-2 all the time. Plus, we’ve proven in the regular season that we can beat this team.

We’re major underdogs at the moment, but winning is still possible. Absolutely, 100% must win the next 2. I’m definitely not counting us out, even though our series has certainly been the most lopsided one so far.

Reactions: WILDLIFEGUY

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'll take a game 3 win at this point.
Initially I thought they'd lose in 7, now I see them going down in 5.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I think if Babcock makes some changes to the line combos and roster, we have a chance. As much as I don't like saying this, we're much better off with Komarov being injured or not playing. Gotta get Plekanec off the ice too. Leivo coming in could help.

Babcock is going to have to start using guys like Johnsson and Kapanen in the top 6. He's gonna have to use Rielly, Gardiner, and Dermott a heck of a lot... cause we don't have much else unless we call up Borgman.

He needs to coach the team not to fight or retaliate in any way, shape, or form. Hainsey took a really stupid penalty fighting the guy after Marner got hit. It's too easy to exploit. Then all they do is hit Marner hard, and go on the PP because we take an instigator penalty or whatever.

I love Marner... but he's gonna just have to take those hits. Was not worth it for Kadri and Hainsey to stick up for him given the penalties that result. If the Bruins slash us, we can't slash back. We have to play within the rules, even if Boston isn't.

Reactions: great and Al14

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
It just a two zip lead and we all know how that lead stands up.I expect the real Leaf team to show up on Monday-we will see their pride and character shine through-they will not get embarrassed in front of their own fans.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
It isn't over until it's over, but the Leafs don't have the look they need to prove they are in this.

Bruins just seem to be completely in their heads at this point They need to pick themselves up and brush themselves off, and remember that they won the season series against this Bruins team.

Self-belief is an amazing thing, but this team doesn't have it at this point. Boston has walked all over us, when we weren't falling all over ourselves first.

Enough with the veteran leadership of Komarov. He isn't delivering. It's time for Leivo to draw in, where he brings speed, some skill, and can play a heavy game of his own, without sacrificing the skill that Martin does. I wouldn't be averse to having Martin draw back in either. He hits and can forecheck and keep the fleas off of Marner.

Lose if you must, but don't go down without a whimper and take some bodies down with you. Play with pride and let Boston know they were in a fight, and if they move on, make sure you've taken your own chunk of flesh before they do.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
To be honest, I'm a bit shocked at how the first two games played out. Boston is not as talented as we are, and they're not as deep as we are. However, they are a lot grittier and more experienced. They've also been getting decent goaltending and their D isn't like Swiss cheese.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
To be honest, I'm a bit shocked at how the first two games played out. Boston is not as talented as we are, and they're not as deep as we are. However, they are a lot grittier and more experienced. They've also been getting decent goaltending and their D isn't like Swiss cheese.

Leafs don't have anyone on the level of Bergeron 64 games 30-33-63 points and Marchand #13 OA in NHL scoring 68 games 34 goals and 85 points and Pastrnak #21 in OA scoring 35 gosls and 80 points.

They combined for 99 goals and 228 points in 214 games [1.07 PPG] and have 20 points in 2 games in the playoffs after to 2 games.

This might be the best line in the NHL both offensively and defensively.

Leafs can't touch that !!!!

RomanianLeafs

Apr 14, 2009
Arad
Possibly if

Andersen doesn’t suck like he has for 2 months
Komarov doesn’t play
Matthews steps up
Polak Zaitsev and Hainsey stop sucking
Babcock becomes intelligent

So basically... never gonna happen
you and 5 6 other guys on this forum are the joke of Leafs Nation..all the time complaining and sh.tting all over Andersen and Babs..go cheer for sabres oilers or your cousin and stop posting here your post are garbage all the time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad