The Leafs will come back and win this series

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
You just never know my friend. Part of it lies in the beleaf and hopefully our boys feel that. The OP obviously has that beleaf as does his father. We just need to get game 3 under our belts first.
this team has to give me a reason to BELEAF. until then i remain skeptical.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Unfortunately, our Leafs can win all their home games and still lose the series! They gotta win ONE game in Boston! So far, they have FAILED!

Winning all your home games guarantees Game 7. Which was my point.

Once you're in Game 7, anything is possible.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Down 0-2 isn't exactly insurmountable but it all depends on how they show in Game 3. If they come out and blow the doors off Boston and do the same in Game 4, they're right back in it, but given what we saw they do look a little dead inside.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Winning all your home games guarantees Game 7. Which was my point.

Once you're in Game 7, anything is possible.
As we saw in 2013 *shudders* I have just one sliver of hope in me that we can somehow win game 3 and make.a series out of it. Team needs to pull out a collective effort and take the next two games. We cannot win the series with out Kadri so if we can take the next two I'll believe we can win the series.

Lose 1 game at home and it's game over.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

agreed.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Down 0-2 isn't exactly insurmountable but it all depends on how they show in Game 3. If they come out and blow the doors off Boston and do the same in Game 4, they're right back in it, but given what we saw they do look a little dead inside.

We don't even have to blow the doors off. A 1-0 and 2-1 win is more than fine. Heck we could get severely outplayed for all I care, just have to win the next 2.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
As we saw in 2013 *shudders* I have just one sliver of hope in me that we can somehow win game 3 and make.a series out of it. Team needs to pull out a collective effort and take the next two games. We cannot win the series with out Kadri so if we can take the next two I'll believe we can win the series.

Lose 1 game at home and it's game over.

That 2013 team wasn't as good as this one and they forced Game 7 after going down 3-1.

Why can't these Leafs do it after going down 2-0?

This board is so negative. The slightest adversity and everyone is crying and ready to give up. Its pathetic.

You are right about losing one home game. Lose game 3 or 4 and we're done.

Reactions: Brown Dog and zeke

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We don't even have to blow the doors off. A 1-0 and 2-1 win is more than fine. Heck we could get severely outplayed for all I care, just have to win the next 2.

No I think we need a win as decisive as Boston's first two to be able to tilt the momentum back our way. Barely hanging on to win one at home isn't enough of a statement and probably just fuels Boston for game 4.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

What strain dude?

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
That 2013 team wasn't as good as this one and they forced Game 7 after going down 3-1.

Why can't these Leafs do it after going down 2-0?

This board is so negative. The slightest adversity and everyone is crying and ready to give up. Its pathetic.

You are right about losing one home game. Lose game 3 or 4 and we're done.

The leafs D and goaltending can’t stop the providence bruins let alone the Boston variety.

Dermott is the best d man and he’s a rookie!

Time to re-tool the d and try again next year.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
We're taking both at home.

Pretty confident about it. I certainly don't think they will be blowout games with their team defence and goalie but feeling 2 W's.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Theyve showed absolutely 0 indication whatsoever that they can win 1 game, let alone 4 of the next 5 against a line that is feeding this team their lunch.

There's optimism, and then there's just blind faith.

Ok, blind faith it is then! Isn't that the fan's prerogative anyway, after all?

Last edited:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
4th in the league with 38 wins. Leafs record holder for wins in a season.

"Can't win with him"
Andy's been average this year honestly he hasn't been that great last few months the team has carried him with offense and now that our offense has been shut down he can't make a save, just very unfortunate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->