The Leafs will come back and win this series

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
The mighty Quinn oh he has been
Not relegated to the dustybin
Leafs don't take it on the chin
Wisen up and steal the win
A very wise poem there and firing up that winning spirit clearly. These people can feel it and the Leafs will do something special too tonight.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm glad someone brought us Quinn, because I can recall quite clearly him getting ripped endlessly when he was our bench boss, now he's a legend. Hmmm.
That's a very deep thought analysis and sighting there sir. The Quinn Babcock connection is so treal I can't even descripe it any more better than that. Pat Quinn memory exists and now we are making new ones and ripping them too.

Reactions: DarkKnight

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Boston are not the 92-93 Red Wings. No one remembers their goaltenders? They weren't Tukka Task. The Wings didn't finally get their cups until they got Vernon, Hasak, and eventually Osgood got a lot better.

Reactions: Tak7

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
I think it’s time to give Kapanen a bigger role. He is competing and you can tell that he is ready to pop given the opportunity. He plays with an edge. Frankly, I think he is the better option than Nylander at this point.

Babcock is a very good coach, and has done a good job winning with a pathetic d core in Toronto. He needs to wake up and play Kapanen in the top 6.

Reactions: thewave

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Rask is an elite goaltender and elite goaltenders don't rely on flukes. They stop them regardless how hard it appears to save them. He already has saved quite a lot of close ones. Can't say the same for Andersen when he swims in the crease everytime a bruin gets close to the blue paint.
are you even a leafs fan? ive never seen a positive post from you ever about the leafs.:help:

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I think it’s time to give Kapanen a bigger role. He is competing and you can tell that he is ready to pop given the opportunity. He plays with an edge. Frankly, I think he is the better option than Nylander at this point.

Babcock is a very good coach, and has done a good job winning with a pathetic d core in Toronto. He needs to wake up and play Kapanen in the top 6.
you realize you were fired right? leafs should get a restraining order against your ideas.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
sure there is..they haven't lost the series yet. start there :thumbu:

Well I did say good things about Kapanen, Dermott and Johnson. I also said that ACC gives them a chance to hit the reset button and if they can grasp it good for them.

I only praise or blame whatever the team is doing. I don't just wear blue glasses of Leafs and cheer everything they do.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
You guys got screwed off the bat with the draw, the Bruins have been one of the hottest teams down the stretch. Momentum in sports is huge. Tough spot down 2-0 but the old cliche rings true, you are not out of it until you lose a game at home.

Respecfully,
FlatIron (a former Habs fan on hiatus until Bergevin gets fired).

Reactions: HockeyMad68

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Well I did say good things about Kapanen, Dermott and Johnson. I also said that ACC gives them a chance to hit the reset button and if they can grasp it good for them.

I only praise or blame whatever the team is doing. I don't just wear blue glasses of Leafs and cheer everything they do.
i maybe overly positive..but i also say when players need to play better. i also dont see the point in speaking in absolutes, such as "cant win with andersen" when thats not been proven really. last year while he wasnt amazing he was good enough to win with. this year he needs to be better but that can be said for everyone.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Have faith Leafs Nation! Had a discussion with my father after last night's game. He was so calm, so confident, he said "I've seen all this before". He explained to me how in 1993, the Leafs lost both games in Detroit 6-2 and 6-3, the team looked a shambles, but the Maple Leaf spirit never dies. They stormed back in games 3 and 4 at home and went on to win that series in 7.

History will repeat.

I remember that series vividly, and I like your optimism.

The thing is, that '93 team was stacked with experienced veterans and won that series with heart and determination. Detroit had a much more skilled lineup than we did but we outworked them when it mattered most.

If this team has any chance of making a comeback, every player has to put in a much more determined effort from here on in.

Last edited:

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario

History will repeat.

OP, where you watching the game tonight with your dad. Local watering hole or at home?

P.S. Is that you guys in your avatar?

Last edited:

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
One thing noticeable about Kapanen - bit of an ******* as well.

Mucking it up after whistles. Talking smack.

Need some (any) level of pushback tonight
I agree. I love what i'm seeing from Kappy. Wish we'd get more out of other players. Kappy is pissed and it shows. Other players have to play angry too but be composed. If someone hits you, hit them back. Don't take shit from anyone wearing a spoked-B jersey.

Socreges

Oct 10, 2013
Less than 4 hours to go Leafs Nation!! My father and I took the day off the work today, partly because of the weather, but in reality to get ready for the game tonight! The comeback starts tonight!

Let's see the enthusiasm in here! Let's get some GO LEAFS GO!

GO :handclap: LEAFS :handclap: GO :handclap:

Reactions: BallardEra and Tak7

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
i maybe overly positive..but i also say when players need to play better. i also dont see the point in speaking in absolutes, such as "cant win with andersen" when thats not been proven really. last year while he wasnt amazing he was good enough to win with. this year he needs to be better but that can be said for everyone.

Well he has been shaky at best with the Leafs and really bad in this series. Also I didn't say can't win with Andersen, but I am also not the one who thinks he is elite.

He is an average goalie and can lose the whole team games any time he wants. That's how bad he is when he is bad.

lovemyleafs

Jan 23, 2017
I'M GUARANTEEING A WIN TONIGHT.

People give up so easily. We were down 3-1 against the Bruins in the 2013 playoffs after they stole games 3 & 4 from us at home. We fought back and won games 5 & 6 and almost....almost won game 7.

3-1 is much more difficult to come back from than 2-0. We've come back from 2 games down against the Bruins and we'll do it again!

This is a very resilient group and tonight's result will be indicative of that.

Reactions: EverettMike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad