Rumor: The Leafs have been linked to the following: Faulk (CAR), Tanev (VAN), OEL (AZ), Martinez (LA)...

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Its sad that you think I think it's only 5 players. Its not just those 5 players (smh at you)
Perhaps. However, those five players are this thread's topic, without regard to any other hypothetical aggrievements you may or may not have had with the Leafs hypothetically having or not having interest in players on your team(s).

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
I suppose you're right, but does VAN need to improve their D? Do they have expendable forwards to use in a trade?

TOR's fan base doesn't want to move anyone for some reason: "We can't trade _________ (insert Nylander, Marner, Matthews, Gardiner, Kadri, and Rielly)! They will be superstars and flourish on another team!!!

If it's not that, then it's the 'draft and development' model that HF holds so dear to their hearts. Never ever trading players under age 25 for fear of organizational suicide.

Yes the Canucks need to improve their D-pool. The top 6 is mediocre right now but the prospect pool is no-one outside of Juolevi and maybe Tryamkin if they can lure him back. Really they could use a right-handed d-prospect.

The Canucks don't have anyone valuable enough right now to land someone so it's not really worth discussing.

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
Carlson is a good D-man but we need more of a Niskanen type, RHD defensive minute-eater. Carlson is too offensive for our blue-line, and would command too much salary while not fitting a huge need because of it.

Hanifin, we don't really need, secondary to an overflow of LHD organizationally (both at the pro, and prospect level).

I think Dubas will have interest in a guy like Severson/Myers if the price is right. If not, I think he's higher on Ozhiganov, Holl than most think (as evidenced by his interview when he was hired). Pretty much pumped the tires of guys we have internally.
Sounds like an interesting position to be in. You need someone reliable able to eat minutes and doesnt put up huge offensive numbers. I would say that sounds like an Alex Edler but hes a lefty and we need him lol

Hockey Rush

Feb 22, 2018
giphy.gif

Faulk on the Leafs would actually be kind of cool but I have to wonder what would be going the other way.
Would probably be Nylander. maybe carolina adds a tiny bit like a pick? 4th or 5th round? Faulk is a stud.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id CONSIDER something like Tanev for Nylander, 2018 2nd and another something. Other than that nah no point in trading the Tan Man

Reactions: clunk

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Id CONSIDER something like Tanev for Nylander, 2018 2nd and another something. Other than that nah no point in trading the Tan Man

Lol this guy’s talking about Nylander for an injury prone overrated defenseman and saying he’d “consider it”. I’ve officially heard it all hahaha wow

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
Lol this guy’s talking about Nylander for an injury prone overrated defenseman and saying he’d “consider it”. I’ve officially heard it all hahaha wow
You guys should just stay put since no teams compare to your infinitely valued players. Who needs dmen anyways?

Last edited:

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Next time have a few less ‘Lol’s and ‘hahaha’s, and maybe someone will take you more seriously.

Gotta have multiple ways to express laughter when you guys think Tanev is worth Nylander +, I should have put the laughing emoji for the tri-fecta, as if a guy with the username Travis Scott can be taken seriously...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Next time have a few less ‘Lol’s and ‘hahaha’s, and maybe someone will take you more seriously.

You don't get Nylander for a guy that's missed 40 games last year, 69 the past 2 years combined and has never played more than 70 games in a season.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Yeah, no way we are getting Nylander in return for Tanev. That proposal needs to die.

If we are trading Tanev, I would like a defensive prospect back or just get picks back cause we are a freaking rebuilding team that can't seem to acquire freaking picks

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
What's an off-season without rumors of the Rangers or Leafs going after every good player in the league for the clickbait?

Reactions: Elephanto

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
If Vancouver is looking for a RHD prospect, how about this:

To Toronto: Tanev
To Vancouver: Räsänen, 2nd '18, 3rd '19

Cquant

May 14, 2015
If Vancouver is looking for a RHD prospect, how about this:

To Toronto: Tanev
To Vancouver: Räsänen, 2nd '18, 3rd '19

From a fan of neither team that seems pretty light.

Probably just add the Leafs 1st and drop the 2nd and 3rd.

I'm pretty sure he is trying to be sarcastic. I mean I get that Tanev is often injured and that it's easy to overblow it by giving ridiculous offers but he is still a top 4 D on most if not every team in the league. They don't go for packages like that in the first place.

Tanev won't be traded for exactly this reason. GM's will be wary, Benning won't let him go for peanuts.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
You don't get Nylander for a guy that's missed 40 games last year, 69 the past 2 years combined and has never played more than 70 games in a season.
I don’t really care... Canucks fans and Leafs fans are never going to agree on a trade

I was responding to that guy’s butt hurt post

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

He regularly posts ridiculous trade proposals. Had a really bad one for Hanifin just the other day.

Not sure if he’s serious, trolling, or 13 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad