Rumor: The Leafs have been linked to the following: Faulk (CAR), Tanev (VAN), OEL (AZ), Martinez (LA)...

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Id CONSIDER something like Tanev for Nylander, 2018 2nd and another something. Other than that nah no point in trading the Tan Man
You'd CONSIDER it? Well we all appreciate your consideration...good thing we wouldn't.

You guys should just stay put since no teams compare to your infinitely valued players. Who needs dmen anyways?
I don't think that is what anyone is saying. A lot of Leafs fans would agree to moving Nylander for an equally talented, young defenseman in something similar to the Jones/Johansen deal (not saying we'll get a Jones back, before you jump down my throat). Tanev just isn't worth Nylander +.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You guys should just stay put since no teams compare to your infinitely valued players. Who needs dmen anyways?
As much as the Leafs and their fans are hated on this site, i am fairly certain that everyone other than Nucks fans would consider Nylander+2nd+ for Tanev utter lunacy.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I'm pretty sure he is trying to be sarcastic. I mean I get that Tanev is often injured and that it's easy to overblow it by giving ridiculous offers but he is still a top 4 D on most if not every team in the league. They don't go for packages like that in the first place.

Tanev won't be traded for exactly this reason. GM's will be wary, Benning won't let him go for peanuts.

Travis Hamonic says hi. Dougie Hamilton says hi.

Jeff Petry cost even less.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Re: OEL for Nylander

I don't mind Nylander, but in a vacuum (RFA/UFA status aside) would this be a mutually beneficial trade? I think TOR wins this trade by a mile.

AZ would be crazy to move him.

Reactions: hullsy47

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Re: OEL for Nylander

I don't mind Nylander, but in a vacuum (RFA/UFA status aside) would this be a mutually beneficial trade? I think TOR wins this trade by a mile.

AZ would be crazy to move him.

I think it would only be something that Arizona would entertain if they felt they couldn't sign OEL long term and by all accounts, it appears the Coyotes can and will extend OEL.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
If Vancouver is looking for a RHD prospect, how about this:

To Toronto: Tanev
To Vancouver: Räsänen, 2nd '18, 3rd '19

From a fan of neither team that seems pretty light.

Probably just add the Leafs 1st and drop the 2nd and 3rd.

Neither is enough. We don't HAVE to trade Tanev right now. A passable deal would be Rasanen, 2018 1st and a 2019 2nd.

You’re hanging out with Hamonic AND Hamilton?!

You win a contest or something? Or maybe you’re really sick an dtheybcame to visit you? If it’s the latter I’m sorry to hear that.

Gotta love the Alberta teams setting the market on RHD. Hamilton, Hamonic and Larsen, it's actually kind of funny.

member 157595

I think Faulk is a better fit for Edmonton than Toronto. Tanev, on the other hand, is a PERFECT fit in Toronto if not for his health.

Id CONSIDER something like Tanev for Nylander, 2018 2nd and another something. Other than that nah no point in trading the Tan Man

I understand that you're baiting here, but for the sake of argument, switch places with us: would you move Nylander for Tanev if you were Toronto?

I do believe there is a trade to be made between Toronto and Vancouver involving Chris Tanev but not one involving William Nylander.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad