The Jarmo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I think he has too much power in Montreal to want to leave. Would be a good hire but I think hes in a better professional role there
Can you imagine turning down a GM position because the franchise is that bad?

I don't seriously think anyone would do that but then again, who knows?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Mathieu Darche is another name that I guess got some attention last offseason. Been an assistant GM in Tampa for 2 years now and director of hockey operations for 5

Can you imagine turning down a GM position because the franchise is that bad?

I don't seriously think anyone would do that but then again, who knows?
But Gorton is above a GM in Montreal, he has more power which is why I dont think he'd leave

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

The Munster's Pat Priest is much more pleasing to the eye and probably has a better feel for hockey than the CBJ version.

I was thinking the Jackets could use a spell cooked up by Grandpa to make them better, but something always goes wrong, so they would still be the mess they are. But at least it would be funny.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Unfortunately this is probably the case. JD handles all the league business the McConnells don't want to have to be bothered with. It's enough just to own the team, I guess.

The issues involve a variety of aspects of hockey operations, not just roster construction and player management. I wonder whose title includes the words "hockey operations"?
If that is the McConnell "attitude" (which I have no idea whether it is or isn't), then he's not doing his father's memory any justice and it's time to sell/let someone else be the managing partner or whatever his title is.

Does it really matter? Effectively, it falls under JDs umbrella and it's probably a fair guess to say that Jarmo handles all of the day-to-day 'hockey ops" details.

I was thinking the Jackets could use a spell cooked up by Grandpa to make them better, but something always goes wrong, so they would still be the mess they are. But at least it would be funny.
It is worthy to note that NWA is on/right next to the former Ohio State Pen. The Munsters would be a fitting theme song for this operation as is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monstershockey

bleachdrinker

Sep 7, 2022
Philadelphia
The VP of hockey operations in Montreal? I got my doubts.

Tulsky would be great, hes been as assistant GM on a team thats improved when he and a couple other guys took important roles.

Chiarelli is sadly a possible option as the experienced guy.

Better not be Fletcher. That dude is the actual worst at his job and only got in because of his name
As a Flyers fan, I’d suggest making a deal with whatever deity you prefer to prevent Fletcher from being your GM.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If that is the McConnell "attitude" (which I have no idea whether it is or isn't), then he's not doing his father's memory any justice and it's time to sell/let someone else be the managing partner or whatever his title is.

Does it really matter? Effectively, it falls under JDs umbrella and it's probably a fair guess to say that Jarmo handles all of the day-to-day 'hockey ops" details.
The McConnell “attitude” thing is just a theory I’ve assembled from a variety of seemingly unrelated pieces of evidence. No it’s not formal, official or known, just me thinking thoughts.

The “hockey ops” thing was me agreeing with you by snarkily placing all of the issues under that umbrella which is of course JD’s work, supposedly.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I have honestly landed on the fact JD is just mailing it on these days. Many here are calling for ownership to bag Jarmo but it’s JD that should be doing this. I understand him not firing Gorton in NY as he was competent. But Jarmo more than earns a pink slip. If JD isn’t going to fire him, then ownership has to step in with at least two pink slips. (Even coring Jarmo may not save JD, but he’d at least show some value by sending off Jarmo.)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
The McConnell “attitude” thing is just a theory I’ve assembled from a variety of seemingly unrelated pieces of evidence. No it’s not formal, official or known, just me thinking thoughts.

The “hockey ops” thing was me agreeing with you by snarkily placing all of the issues under that umbrella which is of course JD’s work, supposedly.
I can't believe that you were snarky. Color me surprised. LOL

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
All I can say is that I know a guy whos good buddies with an ex jacket. He told me this ex player obsolutely hated Jarmo and expeciallly how he handled contract negotions.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
All I can say is that I know a guy whos good buddies with an ex jacket. He told me this ex player obsolutely hated Jarmo and expeciallly how he handled contract negotions.

Wasn't Bill Zito handling the negotiations for the Jackets?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm not even an ex-jacket and I hate how jarmo handled contract negotiations.
Wasn't Bill Zito handling the negotiations for the Jackets?
I would say yes but Jarmo was ultimately in control. How many contentious contract negotiations have we heard about from Zito in Florida?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Hard to say, players are falling over themselves trying to get on that team.
Zito has also shown he's willing to make big moves.

I'm not sure jarmo could or would have been willing to pull off the Huberdeau for Tkachuk trade with Huberdeau coming off a 115 point season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad