KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
IMG_3380.png

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Some discussion of this in the Roster thread. Some uncertainty if he's taking issue with the organization or with the player, based on how the language in the post reads.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Some discussion of this in the Roster thread. Some uncertainty if he's taking issue with the organization or with the player, based on how the language in the post reads.
I'll guess organ eye zation given that he decribed Jiricek as "awesome". Plus maybe a tad bit of residual ill feelings toward the powers that be.

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
To me, it’s pretty clearly a shot at the organization or management. Not sure who or what exactly the “bigger picture” really means, but I’m fairly certain he is referencing the team.

I don’t think he would word it as Jiricek looking at himself as “the young player”.

I think the “but” in there is what’s throwing some people off. If it was a (.) I think it would read much clearly.

Who knows what we should take from this.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
To me, it’s pretty clearly a shot at the organization or management. Not sure who or what exactly the “bigger picture” really means, but I’m fairly certain he is referencing the team.

I don’t think he would word it as Jiricek looking at himself as “the young player”.

I think the “but” in there is what’s throwing some people off. If it was a (.) I think it would read much clearly.

Who knows what we should take from this.
Based on the previous two posts it would seem that we do.

It couldn’t possibly mean “gee here’s a young player that could potentially learn from my mistake” so probably end of discussion.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Based on the previous two posts it would seem that we do.

It couldn’t possibly mean “gee here’s a young player that could potentially learn from my mistake” so probably end of discussion.
I would think he would have phrased it more to this point had he intended this to be the message of the post. But, just a guess.

Reactions: Napoli

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Seravelli: “It’s not that people don’t want to play in Columbus, it’s that players don’t want to play in Columbus with this management group and with this coaching staff”

Also said that Jiricek was the teams 2nd best defenseman this year.

“Expert” gonna expert I guess.

Reactions: majormajor

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Seravelli: “It’s not that people don’t want to play in Columbus, it’s that players don’t want to play in Columbus with this management group and with this coaching staff”

If comments like this don't make some wheels move in motion I don't know if anything ever will.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Also said that Jiricek was the teams 2nd best defenseman this year.

“Expert” gonna expert I guess.
Honestly not that controversial.. Jiricek has been one of the better defenseman on the team … at the same point , I’m ok with him being in the AHL , away from Mccarthy , winning games rather than losing … and the goal is for him to develop into a #1 defenseman , which will require him to work on his skating

Reactions: Indy18 and Napoli

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Seravelli is a weird one. Most of the time the dude acts like he could care less about Columbus but now I guess its easy to jump on the bandwagon. Which is fine, more reporting against this shitshow is good and will hopefully create change. He just clearly has limited knowledge on the Blue Jackets but speaks confidently.

Honestly not that controversial.. Jiricek has been one of the better defenseman on the team … at the same point , I’m ok with him being in the AHL , away from Mccarthy , winning games rather than losing … and the goal is for him to develop into a #1 defenseman , which will require him to work on his skating
He hasnt though. Hes had a few games he's absolutely excelled and has shown glimses of the player we will someday see on the regular but many games he's lost

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
He hasnt though. Hes had a few games he's absolutely excelled and has shown glimses of the player we will someday see on the regular but many games he's lost
As opposed to other players on defense who get regular game time?

Is "lost" being surrounded by a bunch of other people who don't also know what they are doing?

The season is F'd and has been for a while but we'll just keep running older players out there while demoting the future of the organization. Are we "protecting" them or getting them valuable experience? or just jerking them around with scratches and demotions like Jiricek for the last 30 days?

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
I want Jiricek far away from this team. He has so much to work on, I don't know what he or his people are smoking. The underlying stats are good, advanced stats he's better than most of the defensemen on the team.

That's great and all but being marginally better than this sad sack of dmen isn't the goal. Go work on your footspeed, defending and overall confidence with the puck.

This is why Columbus can't have nice things, they never error on the side of overdevelopment. This team isn't going anywhere, go improve until it's abundantly clear you have nothing left to learn in the AHL.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I want Jiricek far away from this team. He has so much to work on, I don't know what he or his people are smoking. The underlying stats are good, advanced stats he's better than most of the defensemen on the team.

That's great and all but being marginally better than this sad sack of dmen isn't the goal. Go work on your footspeed, defending and overall confidence with the puck.

This is why Columbus can't have nice things, they never error on the side of overdevelopment. This team isn't going anywhere, go improve until it's abundantly clear you have nothing left to learn in the AHL.
Which brings us to why we are in situation with Jiricek.. Pascal said in his press conference when hired , he wanted players developing in AHL.. Jarmo wants to rush players , told him to get a place in Columbus .. Just more confirmation Jarmo should be fired .

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

I really hope this is about a personality clash and not a "I will play in Columbus provided you overpay me and not have accountability."

Because there's only 1 way this team ever becomes successful. And it's gotta come from the players taking less money and working their butts off.

Reactions: thebus88

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023

Because that was Walsh talking through Jiricek. When I first heard the comments I actually thought it was Walsh talking about Jiricek because that's just how aggressively the man speaks.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Seravalli's premise was that Jiricek was too good to possibly be getting sent down. That's what his conclusion flows from. I just had to shut it off after hearing that. As is often the case he's an interesting reporter but low intel when it comes to the Jackets.
But it's OK if shit is totally unfounded and made up and just plain wrong if the conclusion is something I agree with, right?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Seravalli's premise was that Jiricek was too good to possibly be getting sent down. That's what his conclusion flows from. I just had to shut it off after hearing that. As is often the case he's an interesting reporter but low intel when it comes to the Jackets.
That makes sense.

What has me worried is that while the management group has not done a particularly good job of creating a winner, when it comes to the higher profile player disputes (Johansen, Anderson, PLD) they have been right. I would be worried about firing JD and Jarmo and bringing in someone worse who just gives players big contracts they don't deserve and running a country club.

Reactions: Marioesque

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
That makes sense.

What has me worried is that while the management group has not done a particularly good job of creating a winner, when it comes to the higher profile player disputes (Johansen, Anderson, PLD) they have been right. I would be worried about firing JD and Jarmo and bringing in someone worse who just gives players big contracts they don't deserve and running a country club.
That's what we were headed towards lately and why Jarmo went too far and brought in Babcock to straighten up the veterans while probably keeping the younger player's ego in check. Yes Jiricek is better than Peeke right now but I hope to god as a 6th overall pick you would be. Personally I rather see Jiricek getting 22minutes a night on a Calder bound team with less games to focus more on training than 12 minutes a night playing out a bad season personally. It seems like those talking out today make it seem like Jiricek is a finish project. Like Jfresh said "alot of drama surrounding a kid with a 17% WAR"

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021
There's no point in keeping Jiricek up right now. He can go learn leading and winning with Monsters or practice in losing and low ice time with Jackets. As Vincent said they want to raise champions, he can go for a championship in AHL this season but he won't in the NHL.

Maybe to David it's a status thing and he thinks it's beneath him. KJ did complain too, and he went there and put up the numbers.

Reactions: Indy18

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
That's what we were headed towards lately and why Jarmo went too far and brought in Babcock to straighten up the veterans while probably keeping the younger player's ego in check. Yes Jiricek is better than Peeke right now but I hope to god as a 6th overall pick you would be. Personally I rather see Jiricek getting 22minutes a night on a Calder bound team with less games to focus more on training than 12 minutes a night playing out a bad season personally. It seems like those talking out today make it seem like Jiricek is a finish project. Like Jfresh said "alot of drama surrounding a kid with a 17% WAR"

For Jiricek, he could be upset about mixed signals from management and coaches.

That said, players get waived all the time who "have a place" in their NHL cities. It's not some crazy situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad