The Iron Hook Cometh

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
The whole 3rd line has done squat offensively and Jarnkrok's one point came when he was playing with Smith.
I think we are all in violent agreement. Jarnkrok's production will be better with improved linemates. And I think he has made a strong case to stay in the lineup when Fish returns, over Bourque or Stallberg.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think we are all in violent agreement. Jarnkrok's production will be better with improved linemates. And I think he has made a strong case to stay in the lineup when Fish returns, over Bourque or Stallberg.

neither Bourque nor Stalberg are in the lineup regularly right now.

I agree that Jarnkrok should stay when Fisher comes back but I don't know how it will shake out

Hockeyfever

Jan 5, 2012

Okay with this line of reasoning then Watson should already be on this team or at least been given a real shot. He has scored over 20 goals or more his first two years while having consistent line mates of VanGuilder or Henderson or Wathier or those types who aren't really offensive players. He should have been playing with better line mates.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Showed so much promise back in Sweden, now he's looking like a dud.

Then again, trying to mould an offensive forward into a defensive, is both dumb and it takes a lot of time.

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN

Then again, trying to mould an offensive forward into a defensive, is both dumb and it takes a lot of time.

Dud? He's only played 25 NHL games, and has 2 goals 8 assists. Forsberg only had 1 goal and 6 assists after 18 NHL games. Hook will come into his own, he has to adjust to the pro game. I think it's way to early to say he's a dud.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

I'm guessing you missed our coaching change, but thanks for stopping by...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Oh, so Ironhook has an offensive role now?:)

He's playing a two-way role on a team that that doesn't have much in the way of defensive centers. Who cares if he's not putting up a ton of points, he's contributing.

Not to mention, he's getting chances...he was Nashville's best forward vs the Jets. If he keeps it up, he'll get it together.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
He's playing a two-way role on a team that that doesn't have much in the way of defensive centers. Who cares if he's not putting up a ton of points, he's contributing.

Not to mention, he's getting chances...he was Nashville's best forward vs the Jets. If he keeps it up, he'll get it together.

Hopefully PL keeps the Wilson/Hook/Smith line together for awhile. they looked really good playing together. I think that alone will help Jarnkrok out when it comes to production but from what I have seen game in and game out he has been solid.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
3 (1g, 2a) points in his last 2 games. He's coming along.

I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I saw a tight shot of Jarnkrok on the bench last night and thought, "Dang...no wonder he's struggled a bit.....he's just a baby." He makes Craig Smith look like a grizzled veteran.

I think there's plenty of good stuff to come from Jarnkrok as he matures.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know why I didn't realize it before, but I saw a tight shot of Jarnkrok on the bench last night and thought, "Dang...no wonder he's struggled a bit.....he's just a baby." He makes Craig Smith look like a grizzled veteran.

I think there's plenty of good stuff to come from Jarnkrok as he matures.

Smith is 25 and Jarnkrok is 23, I wouldn't call him a baby.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Oh, so Ironhook has an offensive role now?:)

in Lavys system every line has a chance to score. Hes not ready for first line duty. The line hes been on the last couple of games is for all intents and purposes our second line.

So how is that not an offensive role?

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
Switched my username today, sorry pekka, but jarnkroks had a slow start stat wise but he has played his role well and should pick up points along the way

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Thought I heard this wrong on the post game show last night, but I went back and checked:

Preds are 21-4-4 with Jarnkrok in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00