AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Welcome to Dixieland Iron Hook!!!

Calle+Jarnkrok+i7E5X-vLAjAm.jpg

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
LOL that would be our luck. Bring him up and play him the rest of the year.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
The impression I got was that he was considering going back if he didn't get an opportunity. I'd guess (hope, at least) Poile plans on giving him that.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
Anyone know if he and Forsberg have a relationship? Filip needs to do some convincing. Surely we didnt just trade for a spect knowing he is going to bolt for home.

RaskY

GLG
Dec 26, 2011
Not very good AHL numbers and is likely going back to Sweden.

It's his first year in North America, and after a slow start to the season he has 19 points in his last 15 games with Grand Rapids.

I don't know what is fact or fiction, but apparently he threatened to go back home because he didn't feel like he was getting an opportunity in Detroit. As a side note, he also could've seen the way Detroit developed Gustav Nyquist, who is 24 and is only now getting an opportunity...

Regardless, if he does wind up staying, he has a lot of upside. His hockey sense is his best asset. He's so calm with the puck, has excellent positioning and awareness in all areas of the ice, and has excellent vision. It shouldn't be a surprise that the adjustment to North America might take a while, hence the reason that he didn't have outstanding numbers right out of the gate, but he has a lot of potential.

I assume Nashville will give him the chance to play on the NHL roster.

Blue Dot

F0rsbergFan21
Oct 15, 2006
Calle will convince Forsberg to go back to Sweden with him :p

I kid.

Super excited to see these guys come up through the NHL together!

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Enjoy Jarnkrok. He's extremely talented and skilled, and will be a solid NHL player for you guys for years to come. Thank your GM for this, you absolutely robbed the Wings on this one. The only reason there was speculation of him going back to Europe was because he didn't want to play in the AHL again next year. He will get to play in the NHL with you guys though. He was my 2nd favorite prospect in our system, I'm still in shock that our dumbass GM traded him.

I wish him the best of luck in Nashville, and want him to have a long career so Holland can see the mistake he made.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
It's like Bob McKenzie said, Poile and the Preds are no stranger to Swedes either, and that nay benefit us. I don't think it'll take long before he's playing in Nashville. Bobby Mac also corrected himself and said it was speculated that he was going to have a deal in place for the Swedish Elite League, and it wasn't actually in place.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Not very good AHL numbers and is likely going back to Sweden.

His AHL numbers are misleading. He had a slow transition to the North American game. He was buried in Grand Rapids, but with the amount of Red Wings injuries, they called up a bunch of players, and Jarnkrok has thrived ever since. Hes been around a point per game in the AHL the past couple months.

AEM6729

Mar 1, 2010
Nashville
Are y'all saying you wouldn't have traded Leggy in this deal if you had known this guy was going to Sweden? I would've done it anyway, for sure. I would've traded Leggy for a 3rd round pick alone for goodness sakes, we don't need both him and Fisher so anything you can get for him now is better than the nothing you'll get when you don't re-sign him over the summer.

I'm thrilled to get a 3rd-maybe-2nd round pick, some random grinder (whatever) and a prospect that might actually pan out into something great. Even if he doesn't, the trade is still a win.

Like others have said, rumor is Jarnkrok had problems adjusting to the NA game and wanted to leave for Sweden if he couldn't play in the NHL. That's a little lame attitude-wise on his part, but since then he's apparently been playing better. I read somewhere that he could make $500K in Sweden vs. $100K in the AHL…but if the Predators are prepared to play him in the NHL, the money advantage of Sweden goes away. Couple that with him playing better on the small ice lately and maybe he will stay.

That said, even though Wings fans are hating on Holland, I can't imagine that he's dumb enough to give away so much for David Legwand without there being something else going on. So maybe the reports of this kid going to Sweden are true.

If he stays, we need to get rid of Trotz. Not to derail this thread, but I don't want to see another promising offensive talent squelched by him. If we're not careful we'll have another Legwand on our hands.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Are y'all saying you wouldn't have traded Leggy in this deal if you had known this guy was going to Sweden? I would've done it anyway, for sure. I would've traded Leggy for a 3rd round pick alone for goodness sakes, we don't need both him and Fisher so anything you can get for him now is better than the nothing you'll get when you don't re-sign him over the summer.

I'm thrilled to get a 3rd-maybe-2nd round pick, some random grinder (whatever) and a prospect that might actually pan out into something great. Even if he doesn't, the trade is still a win.

Like others have said, rumor is Jarnkrok had problems adjusting to the NA game and wanted to leave for Sweden if he couldn't play in the NHL. That's a little lame attitude-wise on his part, but since then he's apparently been playing better. I read somewhere that he could make $500K in Sweden vs. $100K in the AHL…but if the Predators are prepared to play him in the NHL, the money advantage of Sweden goes away. Couple that with him playing better on the small ice lately and maybe he will stay.

That said, even though Wings fans are hating on Holland, I can't imagine that he's dumb enough to give away so much for David Legwand without there being something else going on. So maybe the reports of this kid going to Sweden are true.

If he stays, we need to get rid of Trotz. Not to derail this thread, but I don't want to see another promising offensive talent squelched by him. If we're not careful we'll have another Legwand on our hands.

He didn't want to play in the AHL next year, that's all there is to it. You guys will give him a chance to play, and will find out that he is an extremely talented player. The Wings let their prospects rot in the AHL until their mid 20s, and Jarnkrok didn't want this, so he threatened to leave. Now he will get his wish, to play in the NHL, I'm just pissed its not as a Wing. This move makes me like the Preds a little bit more. Our rivalries are done because we are in the East.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad