Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - What a Difference a Bai Makes (#6)

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
What BG said.

Combo Girgensons and Eichel. Combo Reinhart and O'Reilly. Two centers on a line. Then add the appropriate winger.

Eichel-Girgensons need a winger who is positionally smart, defensively responsible, and who can score. Paging Jason Pominville. And in the future, Alex Nylander fills this role perfectly. So does Rasmus Asplund.

Reinhart-ROR need a winger who can be in the right position, help maintain possession, and score off the set-ups he'll get. When Okposo gets healthy, this is him. For now, I'd let Reinhart and ROR swap LW and C as they need to according to the flow of the game, but I'd try ROR at wing to see if that gets him going.

Then create the "Kane" line with Larsson and Bailey. Eventually, build this line around Mittelstadt or split up Reinhart and ROR.

Girgensons - Eichel - Pominville
ROR - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Bailey
Pouliot - Josefson - Nolan/Moulson

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
What BG said.

Combo Girgensons and Eichel. Combo Reinhart and O'Reilly. Two centers on a line. Then add the appropriate winger.

Eichel-Girgensons need a winger who is positionally smart, defensively responsible, and who can score. Paging Jason Pominville. And in the future, Alex Nylander fills this role perfectly. So does Rasmus Asplund.

Reinhart-ROR need a winger who can be in the right position, help maintain possession, and score off the set-ups he'll get. When Okposo gets healthy, this is him. For now, I'd let Reinhart and ROR swap LW and C as they need to according to the flow of the game, but I'd try ROR at wing to see if that gets him going.

Then create the "Kane" line with Larsson and Bailey. Eventually, build this line around Mittelstadt or split up Reinhart and ROR.

ROR - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Bailey
This works too, but in the short term, I'd not saddle Larsson defensively with both Kane and Bailey. Plus it concentrates, rather than splits, the speed of #9 and #95 between the 2 lines. But it's not a bad option.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
ROR - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Bailey
I'd like to see Reinhart and Larsson swapped. Reinhart could really complement speedy wingers. Give him two guys who can get to the danger areas in a hurry, and he will get the puck there.
ROR and Okposo can play shutdown for a minute with Larsson until they get their shit together.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
What BG said.

ROR - Reinhart - Okposo
Kane - Larsson - Bailey

That's the exact lineup I mentioned in the roster speculation thread, minus Bailey since he wasn't called up at the time (had Griffith there instead)..but that's where I'd put Bailey. If the 2nd line still doesn't get it together swap Bailey and Okposo. But since Josefson is injured now I expect Housley will put Reinhart back on the 3rd line and Larry centering the 4th. :(

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Good throughout, but he was a standout in the first period. Even ignoring the goal, he brought a ton of energy.

Agreed. He's had similarly good games in the past but has never been able to consistently perform. If he has two or three more games in a row like the last one (even sans goal), he might be here to stay.

Reactions: Zemgus26

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
So now we have the story of the tortoise and the hare. Sam the tortoise but who is the hare? Delayed satisfaction in any event...

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Jack needs to shoot more.

He surely does, that's the coaching staff's job. Jack loves passing, he's amazing and imaginative at it but he's working with less than amazing teammates and many of his passes go for naught and then there's the fact he has one of the most lethal shots in the league so there's the huge opportunity cost his preference for the pass comes with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad