Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: "Boat Anchors Serve a Purpose" Edition

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

- Rodrigues scoring not 1 but 2 from in around the net.
- LW lineup adjustments in the middle of the third and suddenly they look like an actual team.
- Risto smashing people.
- Lehner again doing a lot of good.

The Bad:

- How long did it take Phil to make that lineup adjustment?
- Kane-Eichel to start the OT
- McCabe and Okposo are boat anchors.

The Ugly:

- Can anyone hinge? Seriously. What the f***.
- Evander Kane. All that "effort" and he's standing around watching on the first goal and *shocking* standing around watching on the third goal. Good job, Kaner, you didn't even need a helicopter to watch a sporting event tonight.

Last edited:

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Anyone got a summary on how Scandella played? I got tied up and only caught about 2 minutes of the 3rd.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Good:
Eichel was a superstar, except for the final play.
ERod adds a much needed element.
Lehner great, except for last play.

Bad:
Kane's worst game all season.
ROR struggled.
Okposo.
McCabe.

Ugly:
There is a mental block with this team. Losing is normal and the way things are supposed to be for them. Need to get over that hump.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Good:
Eichel was a superstar, except for the final play.
ERod adds a much needed element.
Lehner great, except for last play.

Bad:
Kane's worst game all season.
ROR struggled.
Okposo.
McCabe.

Ugly:
There is a mental block with this team. Losing is normal and the way things are supposed to be for them. Need to get over that hump.
And it comes to the foreground esp in OT, total lack of urgency and hesitation.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
For those of you pounding on Murray for building this team, you should simultaneously be calling for Botterill to trade the size-speed-stupid combo players he traded for or signed.

Kane and Bogosian make a dozen dumb plays a game which impact the team. They're also two players who struggle to play in systems. All their flash and power hasn't meant squat for this team for over two years.

Time for both of them off the team. No more low hockey IQ players. I don't care if you skate like a South Korean speed skater and dangle like Tim Connolly. No more.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Eichel got torched for the gwg. Granted he was likely gassed but his lane control on trasenko was non existant. He basically dared tank to be faster and he was. Laugh worthy. Otherwise his game was solid. He just needs to find that last gear/killer instinct.

Have points in every game with erod and Wilson right?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
For those of you pounding on Murray for building this team, you should simultaneously be calling for Botterill to trade the size-speed-stupid combo players he traded for or signed.

Kane and Bogosian make a dozen dumb plays a game which impact the team. They're also two players who struggle to play in systems. All their flash and power hasn't meant squat for this team for over two years.

Time for both of them off the team. No more low hockey IQ players. I don't care if you skate like a South Korean speed skater and dangle like Tim Connolly. No more.

Your last paragraph describes jack to a tee lol

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
How much smarter did the city of Winnipeg collectively become when they unloaded Kane and Bogo on us?

Much smarter.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Eichel got torched for the gwg. Granted he was likely gassed but his lane control on trasenko was non existant. He basically dared tank to be faster and he was. Laugh worthy. Otherwise his game was solid. He just needs to find that last gear/killer instinct.

Have points in every game with erod and Wilson right?

He's expecting his linemates to hinge back - at least one of them - to take the guy wide who he's pushing wide. That isn't getting torched, that's a mis-play by more than one guy on the team. That's 5-on-5 d-zone basics not translating to 3-on-3.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
There's certainly negatives in this one but collectively considering the good team they were playing it was a positive game. Aside from the falk brain gaff penalty I love the passion he plays with. Definately tons to talk about both directions...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
He's expecting his linemates to hinge back - at least one of them - to take the guy wide who he's pushing wide. That isn't getting torched, that's a mis-play by more than one guy on the team. That's 5-on-5 d-zone basics not translating to 3-on-3.

While I agree in a basic fundamental hockey situation entirely. It's 3 on 3 OT in what has to be seen as a must win game. Eichel had a lane to him and stopped skating. Eichel forces him a little bit more to the outside and there's no need to hinge. It' all subjective in fast motion though so I won't argue one way or another. I think there's more positive than negative to this game regardless of outcome.

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Not really, because they just replaced him with Tyler Myers.
Next to Bogo, Tyler be like:

tenor.gif

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Thank you.

wnysupport

Jun 27, 2011
Eichel on GWG: "I don't know, I thought I had help, I was pushing him into who ever was supposed to be back, I'll have to see it again" #Sabres

Reactions: Chainshot

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with Bogo unless we buy him out. It'd take an extremely gullible GM to take on that contract.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It's not an endorsement of your version of what happened. That's indictment of Kane not being a good 5-on-5 defender and it being magnified in 3-on-3.

Actually it is an endorsement. At no point did I defend Kane. He clearly didn't do his job. Multiple players screwed up. But it includes Jack.

Reactions: Mittelstadt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad