The Gameday Poster Thread

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Looks like we're playing Vegas tonight and not the Sens? Neat design though.

q6dsw6pkv7hy.jpg

Brick City

Ignore me!
May 21, 2012
New Jersey
for whatever reason, its technically new york

dapco7m.png

That map isn't exactly correct; Liberty Island, like Ellis Island, is entirely in NJ waters. However, a deal back in 1834 made the islands as they existed then exclaves of Manhattan.

NJ won a Supreme Court case in the late 1990s that awarded it most of Ellis Island (but not the historic main building) that was added to the island since the 1834 deal. It was impractical to divide the island so the states now administer it jointly I think. Ellis Island is actually NJ's monument on its next state quarter.

I think Liberty Island was expanded too, but Lady Liberty herself sits on the original part of the island covered under that 1834 deal. So, the Statue of Liberty is in New York, but we got most of Ellis Island (in typical NJ fashion, not the most recognizable part of it though). I like trolling NYC as much as anyone, but sort of trolling ourselves a bit with this one - regardless of where it is, the statue is universally identified with NYC (yes, I mean the city, not the state).

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That map isn't exactly correct; Liberty Island, like Ellis Island, is entirely in NJ waters. However, a deal back in 1834 made the islands as they existed then exclaves of Manhattan.

NJ won a Supreme Court case in the late 1990s that awarded it most of Ellis Island (but not the historic main building) that was added to the island since the 1834 deal. It was impractical to divide the island so the states now administer it jointly I think. Ellis Island is actually NJ's monument on its next state quarter.

I think Liberty Island was expanded too, but Lady Liberty herself sits on the original part of the island covered under that 1834 deal. So, the Statue of Liberty is in New York, but we got most of Ellis Island (in typical NJ fashion, not the most recognizable part of it though). I like trolling NYC as much as anyone, but sort of trolling ourselves a bit with this one - regardless of where it is, the statue is universally identified with NYC (yes, I mean the city, not the state).

true

the new york label on the right in the water is wrong….thank google maps…unless its meant to label the thin part of the island that sticks out…its all jersey water around it though

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think this is one that people who have played hockey will relate to and appreciate. As somebody myself that has for much of my life I find it pretty awesome.

I like the idea behind it but the execution is lazy for me. They could have spelt out NJ or Devils or something with all the stuff besides placing it all on a table and taking a picture lol

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad