GDT: The Free Agent Frenzy, Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Yzerman too (Or king size mattress goalies) I can't believe they passed over Jones for Drouin. Their offense is fine, but the D sucks. I swear to god Steve Yzerman is the biggest flop of a GM that was an ex player in a long time. More than Nieuwendyk.

I don't know about that. Seth Jones is a solid bluechip prospect but the same thing happend to Larsson and I don't think Florida (Huberdeau) or Colorado (Landeskog) are all the upset about their respective picks.

Drouin is THE perfect type of player to pair alongside Stamkos, for the next 10 years. Jones is no bum either but drafting blueliners with top #3 picks is a pretty iffy thing when looking back at history over the past decade+.

If they would've went with someone like Lindholm or Nichuskin, I would agree with you 100% but Drouin was challenging for the #1 overall pick, so it's not like Tampa reached with their selection.

I do agree they needed someone like Jones but the Drouin pick will reward them big time the second both players step on the ice at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad