GDT: The Free Agent Frenzy, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m

Lamroriello said he "turned the page at the draft" on David Clarkson. Felt he made "fair" offer. But did speak to Clarkson today.

Good. I like that he let it go right away. No Parise ******** with Clarkson and that absurd contract.

Clowe slots right in Clarkson's spot and all pick ups (Cory too) address needs.

Best part no Tedy in opening day lineup!!!!

Fact he still wants Zids makes me think Lou is still shopping the deadweight on D. He knows Zids is more valuable then Volch or Sal.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Next years top 6:

Henrique - Zajac - Kovalchuk
Clowe - Elias - Ryder

A solid top 6 in my opinion. I still think Loktionov would be better suited to a 3rd line role for now, so the bottom 6 should shape up something like:

Zubrus - Loktionov - Bernier
Olesz - Josefson - Carter

Extras: Gionta, Tedenby

I think that team has the potential to be competitive offensively, it has a nice mixture of scoring and physicality; i expect to see Barch bought out or traded since he is clearly surplus to requirements at this point.

We just need to clean up the mess defensively, i would feel a lot happier if we could find a way to dump Salvador, even if it means retaining some salary or giving up a prospect. Our defence lacks standout names outside of Larsson, but hopefully he can put it all together this year and be the man on the blueline for us. Fayne and Greene give us a consistent middle pairing; i do however worry about a lack of production from the blueline yet again, if we could ship out one of the stay at home guys and re-sign Zidlicky or maybe Whitney i'd be a lot happier. Play them on the bottom pairing with Volchenkov and let the the top two pairings play the majority of ES minutes. Use Volchenkov on the PK and Zidlicky on the PP with Harrold rotating in when necessary.

Next years defence:

Tallinder - Larsson
Greene - Fayne
Volchenkov - Zidlicky/Whitney
Harrold

That is of course unless they want to give Gelinas/Urbom a shot, in which case just dump Salvador and give the spot to one of them.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
good news in addition is that this means guys like matteau/boucher/etc will be in the AHL where they belong

B A T M A N

Line Combos? Just a guess...don't rip on em too bad haha

Clowe-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Ryder

Matteau-Loktionov-Olesz
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Salvador-Fayne
Greene-Larsson
Tallinder-Volchenkov

Schneider
Brodeur
Word. I think this is the best line combination. Olesz can probably be better utilized on the third rather than the fourth as well. This team definitely got offensively bolstered today.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
Line Combos? Just a guess...don't rip on em too bad haha

Clowe-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Elias-Henrique-Ryder
Matteau-Loktionov-Olesz
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

Salvador-Fayne
Greene-Larsson
Tallinder-Volchenkov

Schneider
Brodeur

Left out Zubrus. Switching him for Matteau makes that third line look much better.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 10m
Lamroriello said he "turned the page at the draft" on David Clarkson. Felt he made "fair" offer. But did speak to Clarkson today.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Sweet ****ing deal. Very happy. Love Lou's quotes too.

My guess is:
Clowe-Henrique-Kovy
Elias-Zajac-Ryder
Zubrus-Lokti-Bernier
Olesz-Carter-Gio/Matteau

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Zidlicky needs to be brought back.

I don't anticipate interest in him is through the roof, Lou has probably told him to be patient while we free up some cap space; i agree we need him back and i think he will be. Lou made it clear we were interested.

We need Zidlicky back but we can't do the 8 defenceman logjam nonsense again, once the dust settles after todays activity i'm sure we'll see some trades as teams adjust their rosters.

I honestly think Salvador is going to be the one to go.

B A T M A N

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 23s
Rangers sign Pouliot.

stanleycup.jpg

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Now it's not as easy as signing on the dotted line though. A team can offer up to 5 mil for a 1st and a 3rd.

I'm sure more than a few teams are eyeing our cap situation after all we spent today.

A team can sign him for that much, sure. But who is going to be that foolish?

Obligatory Feaster replies are unnecessary.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I just realized Barch is still signed. Lou's got a few moves to make. No room for Tedenby, Josefson, Barch, and Olesz to all hang around.

Think Josefson gets a 2-way deal somehow? Will Barch get bought out and we'll actually see a team with no enforcers?

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 16m
Lamoriello," Today was a good day for the Devils."

13038756-standard.jpg

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Good. I like that he let it go right away. No Parise ******** with Clarkson and that absurd contract.

Clowe slots right in Clarkson's spot and all pick ups (Cory too) address needs.

Best part no Tedy in opening day lineup!!!!

Fact he still wants Zids makes me think Lou is still shopping the deadweight on D. He knows Zids is more valuable then Volch or Sal.
Well, Parise was more valuable to the team so I could see why Lou stayed and tried longer with him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I just realized Barch is still signed. Lou's got a few moves to make. No room for Tedenby, Josefson, Barch, and Olesz to all hang around.

Think Josefson gets a 2-way deal somehow? Will Barch get bought out and we'll actually see a team with no enforcers?

Good point. Dumping Barch and one of the deadweights on D frees up room for Zids and then we are ready to go to war

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

Gionta could be sent down. He's on a 2 way this year.

Mgd31

Aug 7, 2007
Levittown, NY
Lou really loves Clowe

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 2m
Lamoriello on Clowee: "He puts on all the players on the bench because of the way he plays and how he handles himself.”
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US

Barch will be traded for a 2016 7th or bought out most likely. Buying him out saves us 500k against the cap, which gives us a little more flexibility this season; the buyout would only be two years to begin with, and with the cap going up so dramatically over the next few seasons it wouldn't make a huge difference.

Gionta is also on a two way deal this year, earning 105k in the AHL instead of 562k in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him returned to Albany to be the #1 call up ahead of Whitney. I have a hunch the Olesz signing was to kick Gionta out of the every day lineup.

KidRobot

Mar 30, 2009
NEW JERSEY
I do hope the Henrique deal gets done quickly...We would have to make a move to match a large offer sheet.

Unless someone throws 9 million at him, we don't have to move anyone...we're allowed to go over the cap by 10% in the offseason.

Absolutely no worries about an offer sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad