The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Joel Ward still hasn't signed either. I wonder if he's open to coming back and Poile has had talks with him but told him we're waiting to hear back from Smith and Wilson. If one isn't coming back, I could see Ward signing the same day or the day after we find out we're losing one of the 2.

Are we somewhat getting to far out though to trade a guys rights for a significant return? If we knew we weren't going to be able to sign one of them, i.e like Saad and Chicago, wouldn't we have moved one of them?

I'm confused by the whole waiting game here...I know it's probably Smith and Wilson's camp doing the holding out but still...I'm just confused.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Joel Ward still hasn't signed either. I wonder if he's open to coming back and Poile has had talks with him but told him we're waiting to hear back from Smith and Wilson. If one isn't coming back, I could see Ward signing the same day or the day after we find out we're losing one of the 2.

Are we somewhat getting to far out though to trade a guys rights for a significant return? If we knew we weren't going to be able to sign one of them, i.e like Saad and Chicago, wouldn't we have moved one of them?

I'm confused by the whole waiting game here...I know it's probably Smith and Wilson's camp doing the holding out but still...I'm just confused.

Very few RFAs around the league are signed as of now, it isn't some strange thing with just Wilson and Smith, every team has a few RFAs left.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
P.s. Bring back ERAT FOR SOME 3rd or 4th line depth. Who cares if our fans don't like that! :popcorn:

I'm not really keen on bringing a guy back who bailed when things got a little rough. He wanted out, let him stay out.

As far as the signings go, I think you have a ton of players looking for that big money this year and GM's for once in their lives aren't doing it. I think the Cap not jumping as much as they all thought it would this year has left more than a few a little bit concerned about the next couple of years. In a normal year, guys like Franson would of gotten stupid contracts from someone, it's just not happening right now for whatever reason. Wouldn't shock me that is the problem with Wilson and Smith, they were expecting far more than what the market is actually offering atm.

Smashville Spence52

Jul 3, 2015
Dude I have no idea, but I hope smith signs. If he doesn't idk if there's anothe free agent we could sign that could put up his numbers. I hope he signs and if Wilson doesn't sign I think we can get a decent return for him or package him with someone and get a good top 6th forward.

Smashville Spence52

Jul 3, 2015
I'm not really keen on bringing a guy back who bailed when things got a little rough. He wanted out, let him stay out.

He didn't bail when it got rough man, he went to David and ask him what direction this team was going to and David told him young and a semi- rebuild, and Erat didn't really like that, it was like David didn't want him anyway. Erat loves Nashville read some of his comments about Nashville. His wife and kids still live here. There was something posted awhile back and he said he would love to come back if David would let him. But David shouldn't have said that

Mercalius

Apr 23, 2013
I know everyone here was eyeing RNH as a potential trade for a longterm answer at 1C. However, what's the consensus on Draisaitl? With Ribs/Fisher locked up, we could shelter his minutes, or even let him develop another season before expecting anything significant. His trade value is likely the lowest it will be, unless he just fails to blossom as a player, and we likely have both the roster depth/trade assets to acquire him but not really *need* him to contribute right away.

I know there's some debate on his likelihood of becoming a true 1C, but I think there's potential there if he's brought along the right way, and with Ribs (hopefully) doing well enough for the next two seasons, I think it could be a really beneficial move.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I get that alot of RFA's are still unsigned but I'd like to avoid arbitration. It seems we always go to arbitration with someone.

As far as potential Ads guys that could make a play and compete at training camp there are Fiala, Arvidsson, Moses, and Aberg. Watson too since Poile seems to have promised he'd be up. There's definitely a logjam...but what are we doing with Bourque, Beck and Nystrom?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He didn't bail when it got rough man, he went to David and ask him what direction this team was going to and David told him young and a semi- rebuild, and Erat didn't really like that, it was like David didn't want him anyway. Erat loves Nashville read some of his comments about Nashville. His wife and kids still live here. There was something posted awhile back and he said he would love to come back if David would let him. But David shouldn't have said that

So he jumped ship. You don't find it odd that a guy leaves when things aren't going well and then suddenly wants to be back when they are? I bet he does want to be back considering where he is :laugh:

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
I know everyone here was eyeing RNH as a potential trade for a longterm answer at 1C. However, what's the consensus on Draisaitl? With Ribs/Fisher locked up, we could shelter his minutes, or even let him develop another season before expecting anything significant. His trade value is likely the lowest it will be, unless he just fails to blossom as a player, and we likely have both the roster depth/trade assets to acquire him but not really *need* him to contribute right away.

I know there's some debate on his likelihood of becoming a true 1C, but I think there's potential there if he's brought along the right way, and with Ribs (hopefully) doing well enough for the next two seasons, I think it could be a really beneficial move.

I really like Draisaitl. I would definitely take a flyer on adding him to the roster. Some posters say he's not a potential #1C but I would like to argue the fact that he is. He'd definitely be available if they aren't keen on moving RNH. They have 2 choices; role with McDavid-RNH or move RNH and go with McDavid-Draisaitl for the foreseeable future. I think Draisaitl is more available than some would think.

We could put him on the 3rd line, shelter him a bit and then he could eventually be our #1C. Could probably be had for Ellis+Jarnkrok+pick (2nd rd) +Bourque/Beck. I think Ellis and the pick really drive that proposal but Jarnkrok fills that 3rd C they'd be losing.

Should be something worth exploring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad