The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) VII

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Don't see the big deal on Rieder. Actually agree with AintLifeGrand, all I see is another tweener forward...not the caliber I'm used to seeing "demanding" a trade.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Forget Trouba, getting Tobias Reider would be pretty sick. Probably would cost a good prospect and pick for a guy that is going to be a consistent 20G scorer.

Reider Joey Neal
Forsberg Ribs Smith
Wilson Fisher Jarnrok
Salomaki Sissons Arvidsson
Watson

Now that is a dangerous lineup.

I really hate seeing Ribeiro there at #2C. I don't think there's enough in his tank to work that role.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Sure. How'd he do in the playoffs?

About as well as any forward not named Wilson, Neal, Johansen or Fisher. It would be nice to improve upon him but what upgrade at 2C is available and what are we realistically giving up that doesn't make us a weaker team elsewhere? I'm not really all that down on a guy that gives us regular season production and then slides into a 3rd line scoring role come playoffs if Fisher steps up at that time.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
About as well as any forward not named Wilson, Neal, Johansen or Fisher. It would be nice to improve upon him but what upgrade at 2C is available and what are we realistically giving up that doesn't make us a weaker team elsewhere?
I'm pretty sure Tyler Bozak is still available for a reasonable rate. :)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm pretty sure Tyler Bozak is still available for a reasonable rate. :)

So a guy that won't outscore Ribeiro in the regular season and will probably be outclassed by Fisher in the post-season? I mean, if we want to bring in a guy just to bring in a guy, but I'm not certain he's an upgrade.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If Bozak didn't miss time last season, he would've out scored Ribiero. I'd much rather have Bozak right now than him, he proved last season that he didn't need Kessel to score. Plus the nice thing about acquiring Bozak is that it would be short-term as he only has 2 years left on his deal and Kamanev will be ready to push for the #2C spot by then. Regarding post-season, Bozak only got 5 games that one year TO made the playoffs but he looked good.

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
I'm guessing something like:

Fiala - Johansen - Neal
Forsberg - Ribeiro - Smith
Wilson - Fisher - Jarnkrok
Salomaki - Sissons - Arvidsson

Ekholm - Subban
Josi - Ellis
Bitetto - Carle

Rinne
Mazanec

I mostly agree, except I still think Josi and Subban end up together, while Ellis and Ekholm stay together.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I mostly agree, except I still think Josi and Subban end up together, while Ellis and Ekholm stay together.

Yeah, Subban and Ekholm are a dumpster fire together, therefore keeping Ellis and Ekholm together makes too much sense. So much sense that it likely won't happen.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Since we have some room on the salary cap, I think we're going to trade for a backup goalie this year. That backup will probably be the starter by the end of the year.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Since we have some room on the salary cap, I think we're going to trade for a backup goalie this year. That backup will probably be the starter by the end of the year.

Should do that only if Mazanec doesn't do well in that spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad