The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) VII

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i think we stay far away from Evander Kane - too much trouble there.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Should see some names off the board right away but I wonder who takes their time. I think we'll see a signing or two tomorrow.

Maybe we'll wait on the depth d man but if we are in on any of the forwards, we'll have to sign one tomorrow because I feel the majority of guys will put pen to the paper tomorrow.

If we don't sign anyone, I smell trade.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. Should see some names off the board right away but I wonder who takes their time. I think we'll see a signing or two tomorrow.

Maybe we'll wait on the depth d man but if we are in on any of the forwards, we'll have to sign one tomorrow because I feel the majority of guys will put pen to the paper tomorrow.

I think that we're sitting tight, tbph

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I think Poile is pushing hard for a cup now and will do what it takes to fill the holes in the line up. If we can get a 3rd pairing guy, and a 1st/2nd line winger and trade for someone like Bozak we're as close to favorites as we've ever been.

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA

I agree that we'll see a signing or two, however I'm going to disagree with the timing. I think the depth D man will come tomorrow, since it's a necessity for this years team. We should be able to give a fitting offer for a 3D. However I believe that our T6 or T9 forward comes after a few days. I'm thinking Poile is going to overpay to give a 2C or 3C a short term deal, which they will accept after a few days after looking at all several options.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
I think Poile is pushing hard for a cup now and will do what it takes to fill the holes in the line up. If we can get a 3rd pairing guy, and a 1st/2nd line winger and trade for someone like Bozak we're as close to favorites as we've ever been.

This seems to be about right.

You named Bozak so who do you think the top six winger and defenseman will be?

My guesses:
Top six winger-Andrew Ladd
Defenseman- Schlemko or Lovejoy
Bozak would be the icing.

Last edited:

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
This seems to be about right.

You named Bozak so who do you think the top six winger and defenseman will be?

Would like to see us get in on Ladd, but I could see Staal or someone like him if he gets snatched up quickly. Luke Schenn, to me, would be a good pick up if we can get him for cheap.

Now I'm not saying that will happen, just that it would be the ideal. Schenn seems realistic, Bozak could happen, Ladd/Erickson a lot less so but I think Poile will try this year.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I see people mentioning Luke Schenn. Why? He is not fleet afoot and if we sign him, what was the point of releasing Jackman? Poile is wanting to make this team more dynamic and faster on the ice, Schenn does not fit the bill.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Any or all of these three could happen tomorrow or over the next few days.

1. Rinne is moved for another goaltender who needs a change of scenery.

2. Poile announces he's extended Johansen to a long term deal in the range of 8 x $7.5 million/yr.

3. Poile lands one of Boedker, Ladd or Eriksson to a 3-4 year deal and my guess he's going after Boedker because of age and the speed factor.

4. One last wildcard is signing a veteran d-man for the third pairing that is under the radar but can skate.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Here is my speculation ahead of tomorrow. I mostly feel that Poile stays quiet on the big UFAs and grabs a depth d-man. Poile improves the fowards by trade. I think Ladd signs with the NYI.

If Poile *does* sign someone, I think it will be Staal. My dark horse signing is Eriksson.

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
AtlantaWhaler said:
If we landed Staal, would that put Fish on the 4th line?

Staal or Ribeiro at wing I suppose.

Whenever Okposo is mentioned I think of this thread (Value of: Kyle Okposo as UFA)
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2044365&page=4

Re: NMC. I recall seeing a quote from CBA stating something like; The acquiring team is asked to sign an agreement to honor the player's NMC. If they choose not to, and the player still waives his clause, it will be voided.

Pr0fet

Jun 13, 2015
Just to get some crazy thinking going. Are we sure Subban is here to stay until the start of the new season or did Poile make this trade since he knows the huge market value Subban has? Since Josi has aquired the status of a true #1D would complementing him with a #2D be good enough for us if it filled some other needs? What possibility that comes to mind:

PK Subban for Tyson Barrie + Duchene (what does Nashville add?)

Are there other possibilities like this? Do we rather keep Subban and fill possible forward needs with UFA?

Gh24

Feb 12, 2014
I'll take a little more composed approach:

Wilson+1st for RNH
Ladd
Depth D

Ladd-RyJo-Neal
FF-RNH-Smith
Ribs-Fish-Arvy
Salty-Sissons-Jarnkrok

Fiala, Kamenev call-ups. One could get regular time if Poile worked his magic and got rid of Ribs

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge

Wilson+1st for RNH
Ladd
Depth D

Ladd-RyJo-Neal
FF-RNH-Smith
Ribs-Fish-Arvy
Salty-Sissons-Jarnkrok

Fiala, Kamenev call-ups. One could get regular time if Poile worked his magic and got rid of Ribs

Gotta be honest, can't see that getting it done. I think there is a deal to be had between the Preds and Oilers but if RNH goes we need Ellis coming back. Ellis+Wilson for RNH+ would work but we want to avoid being the sole owners of the playoff drought record. We are also heading into a brand new building and a 1st round pick isn't going to do much for an already furious fanbase.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Haha, there's no way we pry RNH from edmonton without a defender going back. Wilson and a late first sure as hell doesn't cut it. I can see us signing a depth dman and hopefully poile is shopping Ribiero. I think we'll be in on some older forwards, poile will talk about how we tried but nothing came together and then we'll sign someone disappointing that has some potential but probably won't be an impact player.

It would be hilarious if Vesey some how makes it back here though.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Ladd is not first like material. Neal and ryjo need a winger that can keep up with them.

Wilson+1st for RNH
Ladd
Depth D

Ladd-RyJo-Neal
FF-RNH-Smith
Ribs-Fish-Arvy
Salty-Sissons-Jarnkrok

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Just to get some crazy thinking going. Are we sure Subban is here to stay until the start of the new season or did Poile make this trade since he knows the huge market value Subban has? Since Josi has aquired the status of a true #1D would complementing him with a #2D be good enough for us if it filled some other needs? What possibility that comes to mind:

PK Subban for Tyson Barrie + Duchene (what does Nashville add?)

Are there other possibilities like this? Do we rather keep Subban and fill possible forward needs with UFA?

I've actually heard some others talk about this. I think it's unlikely but like the Weber trade, never say never.

I think we're signing Boedker or Okposo. Something about their speed just makes me get that feeling about it. Still think there's a possible trade. Depth d is a wildcard. I would like Schenn but he's not of the speedy ilk that we covet.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Depth D-man for sure, you don't waive Jackman without having some good talks in the past 4 days with someone.

EDIT: No Hamhuis pls.

The sheer irony of Hamhuis coming back to play on our third pairing would be worth it for me, but he's probably outside the price range for what we want to do.

I think we go after a defenseman and at least one forward. With Bourque, Goose, and Nystrom all out the door, we have two spots to fill up front. I'm not sure we swing for the fences with a guy like Eriksson or Boedker, but maybe go for someone on a one-year "prove it" deal like Weise, Colborne, or Brett Connolly: someone who could be a useful contributor but is no big loss on waivers or in the minors if Fiala or Aberg or someone else beats them out for a roster spot in camp.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The sheer irony of Hamhuis coming back to play on our third pairing would be worth it for me, but he's probably outside the price range for what we want to do.

I think we go after a defenseman and at least one forward. With Bourque, Goose, and Nystrom all out the door, we have two spots to fill up front. I'm not sure we swing for the fences with a guy like Eriksson or Boedker, but maybe go for someone on a one-year "prove it" deal like Weise, Colborne, or Brett Connolly: someone who could be a useful contributor but is no big loss on waivers or in the minors if Fiala or Aberg or someone else beats them out for a roster spot in camp.

thats been Poile's MO of late, and with the number of nearly washed up players who will be looking for a contract anywhere this is almost certain to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad