The Free Agency/Trades Thread (Proposals, Speculation, Rumors) VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm pretty sure that's only correct when trading for a player like Subban, whose NTC/NMC hasn't kicked in yet. Preds can choose whether or not to honor that. But if the traded player has a NTC/NMC already in effect, it's part of the contract and waiving it to go to a new team does not nullify it. Hartnell's NMC will still be in effect.

Otherwise why would the Jackets have left it on his contract when THEY traded for him?

Based on what the CBA says, I read it this way as well.

[fieldset=11.8 Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.]
(a) The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under Article
10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade or a no-move
clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent
so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause extends through and does not
become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency.
If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking
effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to
be bound by the no-Trade or no-move clause,
which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to
the Player, Central Registry and the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof. [/fieldset]

MrJoshua

Mar 24, 2010
Decatur, AL
Ladd is 30, a little older than the rest of the offensive core, but he'd be pretty much a lock for 22-25 goals on the left wing and would make a solid 1-2 punch on the left side with Forsberg. He also has good size at 6'3", although only 200 pounds.

Boedker is younger at 26 and will probably be cheaper, but far less productive offensively. A career high 19 goals and 51 points in 2013-14, and 51 points last season. Contrast that to Ladd have one 60+ point season and several 50+ point seasons. But again, Ladd is older and if you think Boedker has more room to grow, maybe you look his direction.

Frankly at this point I have zero idea what Poile will do. If Weber can be traded for Subban, anything is possible.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Ladd has also stated he will only go to a true cup contender. His ties with Laviolette and winning a cup with him makes me think this could be a natural fit.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we're close on Ladd. Like thecloser said, he has ties with Lavy and is a fit on that 1st line. Wouldn't bother me, but still, I'd go for Nielsen or Staal. With how this team is being built, and the way we're gonna go all the way next year, I just don't see Ribs-Fish punch down the middle as a right solution.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I think we're close on Ladd. Like thecloser said, he has ties with Lavy and is a fit on that 1st line. Wouldn't bother me, but still, I'd go for Nielsen or Staal. With how this team is being built, and the way we're gonna go all the way next year, I just don't see Ribs-Fish punch down the middle as a right solution.
johansen? would love to get rid of ribeiro

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I meant our middle-6 punch. Joey being the obvious #1C.

And yeah, there's no way Bitetto-Granny is the right answer for that bottom pair. We're going for defensive depth, not sure who, but we will. As Poile has indicated.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I'd love to get Backes, but I'm afraid he's looking for more than 3-4 years. He's already 32.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
If we can get regular season Ribeiro back, then it'll be OK. Playoff Ribeiro can catch the next flight.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
with who going the other way? If we send Wilson and CBJ eats half the salary that opens up 1,562,500 in cap space.

Wilson - 3,937,500 cap hit
Hartnell @ 50% retained - $2,375,000

Cap Space from move $1,562,500

Um. No. Wilson straight up with no retention is not a thing that would happen.

In any case, I'd rather target Bozak.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Thinks about it, how in the world does harts fit into an offense Poile and Lavi are trying to build. He was not fast when he played here and I feel pretty sure he has lost speed. We just moved the guy that needed a guy in front of the net to clean up his rebounds. Is Hartnell a sniper that would benefit from PK Riberio or RJ setting him up? No Is he on a good contract? Hell No. Then exactly why would Poile go after him he does not fit and his contract is a boat anchor. Harts is good at what he does but thats not the skillset we are looking for.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Per his agent by way of Vingan, the Predators also have interest in Eric Staal.

Unless it was for dirt cheap and short term...say, 2 years, 3M per, I would pass on that. That's a player that's fallen off a cliff in a major way the last couple of seasons.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Per his agent by way of Vingan, the Predators also have interest in Eric Staal.

Unless it was for dirt cheap and short term...say, 2 years, 3M per, I would pass on that. That's a player that's fallen off a cliff in a major way the last couple of seasons.

But he can play center... in a pinch. That makes him attractive to me. Also, his agent has indicated he wants to play for a contender on a shorter term deal. Could be a good fit. No reason he doesn't reach 50+ points with our team.

I would prefer a couple of other guys, but Staal isn't a bad option.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Thinks about it, how in the world does harts fit into an offense Poile and Lavi are trying to build. He was not fast when he played here and I feel pretty sure he has lost speed. We just moved the guy that needed a guy in front of the net to clean up his rebounds. Is Hartnell a sniper that would benefit from PK Riberio or RJ setting him up? No Is he on a good contract? Hell No. Then exactly why would Poile go after him he does not fit and his contract is a boat anchor. Harts is good at what he does but thats not the skillset we are looking for.
He doesn't. We can do better.

tampa pred

Jul 8, 2014
But he can play center... in a pinch. That makes him attractive to me. Also, his agent has indicated he wants to play for a contender on a shorter term deal. Could be a good fit. No reason he doesn't reach 50+ points with our team.

I would prefer a couple of other guys, but Staal isn't a bad option.

Ribs has been a 50 point center for the last two seasons and everyone wants him gone. Doesn't look like much of an upgrade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad