TV: The Flash (CW)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
It was a fun episode. Hammy and cheesy but that's what comes with a musical. Even the characters were making fun of it.

Benoist did look really good all dolled up. Nice way to incorporate Martin, Garber, and Barrowman into an episode and use their chops. Had no idea Valdes could sing and Jordan killed it.

The moments I really enjoyed were the Mon El/Iris crossover both in Central City and the dream, and seeing Kid Flash/Vibe/Martian Manhunter work together was cool.

Only real corny thing was Barry proposing to Iris in song but I guess it goes with the theme.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It was a fun episode. Hammy and cheesy but that's what comes with a musical. Even the characters were making fun of it.

Benoist did look really good all dolled up. Nice way to incorporate Martin, Garber, and Barrowman into an episode and use their chops. Had no idea Valdes could sing and Jordan killed it.

The moments I really enjoyed were the Mon El/Iris crossover both in Central City and the dream, and seeing Kid Flash/Vibe/Martian Manhunter work together was cool.

Only real corny thing was Barry proposing to Iris in song but I guess it goes with the theme.

That was badass, and I want to see more of that in Crossovers. We get a lot of our favorite heroes interacting, and even fighting side-by-side, but this was one of the better examples of our heroes each using their own unique powers to take down a foe. Brief, but nicely done.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Highlights:
HW thinking they were referring to him as a good singer.
Me thinking Music Meister wanted to see Wally when he said he was looking for the fastest man.
Me thinking if I was stuck in a musical dream I'd start singing at inopportune times just for ***** and giggles.
Joe West was decent.

Lowlights:
The proposal.
The tap dance number.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Highlights:
HW thinking they were referring to him as a good singer.
Me thinking Music Meister wanted to see Wally when he said he was looking for the fastest man.
Me thinking if I was stuck in a musical dream I'd start singing at inopportune times just for ***** and giggles.
Joe West was decent.

Lowlights:
The proposal.
The tap dance number

Apparently the actress for Iris hadn't heard it (the singing) before so her reaction was genuine.

The super friends song was cheesy and bad. The earlier number was great and reminded of the last time that song was played to death on cable channels:

Also, I now understand the chemistry between Chris Wood and Melissa Benoist. She divorced Blake Jenner in December and is now dating Wood. :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I thought this was fun. Pure ham & cheese, but fun and fitting in the fact that Flash and Supergirl are the two most upbeat and cheerful shows the CW DC set has.

I'm not a musical theater guy, but I did get raised on some of that stuff when I was young, and I do/did like things like the Buffy musical episode or ABC's quirky musical comedy Galavant, so this was enough in my wheelhouse that I could enjoy it.

I wouldn't want to see it made into a regular thing, but as a once-in-a-while goofy spin, sure why not.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
^^^Me too. That was awesome.

Looks we get a reveal next week. Guessing it's

[spoil] Season 1 Wells or Ronnie. Not sure if anyone else who immediately has her trust implicitly like that immediately.[/spoil]

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm torn on the Savitar front. Up until the end of the episode, I was all aboard the Wally is Savitar bandwagon. I think it would make a lot of his sayings and knowledge make sense (he created himself, for example), and what would render 2024 Wally catatonic more than finding out that he is destined to become a psychotic, evil speedster who murders his own sister?

However...the ending gave me pause. I don't think Killer Frost would really give a flying fig if Wally was Savitar. They haven't really developed any sort of relationship - nevermind the fact that even if any of Team Flash turned evil, she seems to have a beef with all of them, anyway. That also goes for the Evil Flash theory. I don't think she'd really been inclined to align herself with an evil version of Barry.

No, the only person I could really see her cowing to would be Ronnie Raymond. But at the same time, it's a very out there thought for Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm/Deathstorm to be a speedster.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm torn on the Savitar front. Up until the end of the episode, I was all aboard the Wally is Savitar bandwagon. I think it would make a lot of his sayings and knowledge make sense (he created himself, for example), and what would render 2024 Wally catatonic more than finding out that he is destined to become a psychotic, evil speedster who murders his own sister?

However...the ending gave me pause. I don't think Killer Frost would really give a flying fig if Wally was Savitar. They haven't really developed any sort of relationship - nevermind the fact that even if any of Team Flash turned evil, she seems to have a beef with all of them, anyway. That also goes for the Evil Flash theory. I don't think she'd really been inclined to align herself with an evil version of Barry.

No, the only person I could really see her cowing to would be Ronnie Raymond. But at the same time, it's a very out there thought for Ronnie Raymond/Firestorm/Deathstorm to be a speedster.

I guess you missed the part where Wally went to fight Savitar alone and Savitar broke his spine?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I guess you missed the part where Wally went to fight Savitar alone and Savitar broke his spine?

No?

Savitar's origins have been left pretty vague. He claims to be both past and present, and to have created himself. My thought was that he could well be Wally from even further ahead than 2024 - so that Wally could have gone to fight Savitar, got his butt kicked and his back broken, but then be rendered shocked to the point of being catatonic at realizing it was himself just a little ways down the road, who had lost his mind, murdered his sister, tormented all his friends, etc. Because Cisco did say "no one knows what he saw that night..."

Anyway. That was my thinking.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
With the way the episode ended you have to really question who she trusts so much that she'd willingly hesitate the way she did when he unmasked himself.

Really there's only a handful and all of them are on the team. I'm leaning towards Barry or Wally, but I could see it being Julian.

Jan 3, 2012
Obvious who it was tbh. I knew who both Prometheus and Savitar were the episode before the reveal, ofc didn't post anywhere either time lol. It had to be Barry, only made sense tbh.

Even though this reveal doesn't actually correspond with what I'm about to say, these shows are getting a bit predictable in that the Villain is introduced in the season they are the villain without a mask. Garrick > Zoom, Slade > Deathstroke, Chase > Prometheus. You have a good chance of figuring out the villain by looking at who is new.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Obvious who it was tbh. I knew who both Prometheus and Savitar were the episode before the reveal, ofc didn't post anywhere either time lol. It had to be Barry, only made sense tbh.

Even though this reveal doesn't actually correspond with what I'm about to say, these shows are getting a bit predictable in that the Villain is introduced in the season they are the villain without a mask. Garrick > Zoom, Slade > Deathstroke, Chase > Prometheus. You have a good chance of figuring out the villain by looking at who is new.

Sure sure bud. Sure sure.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Now I just need to know why.

He was near the top of a lot of people's lists obviously and there were the hints but I never committed to it. Had a few theories before his reveal to Killer Frost and after that I never really thought about it who, just who I thought it couldn't be.

Give me that reason. Loved the reveal though and how he looks. His acting has been pretty good. He loved saying that bit at the end.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Now I just need to know why.

He was near the top of a lot of people's lists obviously and there were the hints but I never committed to it. Had a few theories before his reveal to Killer Frost and after that I never really thought about it who, just who I thought it couldn't be.

Give me that reason. Loved the reveal though and how he looks. His acting has been pretty good. He loved saying that bit at the end.

The fact that we really want to know the why is good. I hate it when shows are boring and easily figured out. This season has been pretty good.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm gonna need a pretty good reason as to why to salvage this. As it stands, this makes no sense whatsoever.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad