THE Fire Torts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PubOFH

Nov 17, 2005
Johnstown, OH
Won 10 in a row...FIRE TORTS!!!

But really. I wonder when he laid off of them...and they began to suck...he was just teaching them a lesson. Now they are playing HIS hockey and they are winning. A little "see guys???"

Reactions: mikeyp24

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I second the destruction of this horse shit of a thread. I've been pro torts since he was in TB and always wanted him here I remember posting how bad I wanted it and it came true. Hope he stays here until he retires.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Please, extinguish this thread. It’s an embarassment.

I second the destruction of this horse **** of a thread. I've been pro torts since he was in TB and always wanted him here I remember posting how bad I wanted it and it came true. Hope he stays here until he retires.

Or, just stop posting in it so it falls down the page?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
This season might be Torts' best coaching in his career. His willingness to step on, and off, the pedal as the season went, good or bad, has developed a certain resilience to this team and clearly they are peaking at exactly the right time. All along here this season, he's been playing the long game - something many posters contributing to the "Fire Torts" angle have never really been able to understand. How nice it is that ownership and team management understand this as well.

Huge assist to Jarmo, as well, for doing exactly what was needed rather than what these same shortsighted fans demanded. I wonder if some of those folks lie awake at night wondering how this team could possibly keep winning without Duchene, Tavares, Brassard (lol), Spezza (double lol) and all of the other 'must haves'.

Reactions: Viqsi

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
People that post in hindsight are no different than the people posting when this team was massively underperforming , and winning 2 games in a month. Thanks for stopping by though, that’s the nature of sports .

"Massively underperforming" was once upon a time (attempted to be) passed off as the "true state" of the team. It was supposedly "proof" that this team wasn't good and/or that Torts had "lost the room".

Is it really hindsight if people are saying the same thing BEFORE and AFTER? Posting about things you were right (and others WRONG) about, after the fact, is not "hindsight".

Can we just morph this into 1 BIG "Crow" thread?

Is Panarin a fit yet?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
"Massively underperforming" was once upon a time (attempted to be) passed off as the "true state" of the team. It was supposedly "proof" that this team wasn't good and/or that Torts had "lost the room".

Is it really hindsight if people are saying the same thing BEFORE and AFTER? Posting about things you were right (and others WRONG) about, after the fact, is not "hindsight".

Can we just morph this into 1 BIG "Crow" thread?

Is Panarin a fit yet?
I believe the point is that the optimist crowd and the pessimist crowd both have their fair share of hyperbolic hypocrites. ;)

Reactions: The Bread Man

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
If Torts learns from his mistakes from the playoffs last year, then I might change my opinion of him. If he goes right back to his "gotta hit em to win" philosophy that was a big reason we looked so terrible last time, I'll still want a new coach.

but... what if we win?

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Playing physical is not the reason we lost no matter how much its said here.
It was a big reason we lost, the other being Bob. Do you remember how many odd man rushes were caused by someone going for a hit when they should've been properly backchecking? I do. A focus on hitting is not what this team needs to be successful. This win streak, and last years both proved that. Torts needs to let them play with speed like they have been lately. I have a hunch that he will, but I stand by my statement, as I have since last April, that a "hit first" strategy was a big reason we looked so bad last series.

Reactions: EspenK

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
We did better then them in all but 1 game so no we didn't look bad... Bob did though.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
We did better then them in all but 1 game so no we didn't look bad... Bob did though.
As evidenced by December through February of this season, having more shots is not necessarily "doing better than". And sure, Bob was really bad. But he sure as hell had to go up against 5-10 preventable odd man rushes a game. We might have had more zone time than they did, but there's not a chance in hell we had more legitimate scoring chances than them.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
As evidenced by December through February of this season, having more shots is not necessarily "doing better than". And sure, Bob was really bad. But he sure as hell had to go up against 5-10 preventable odd man rushes a game. We might have had more zone time than they did, but there's not a chance in hell we had more legitimate scoring chances than them.
They just converted more. Go back and watch how rediculous the Flower was against us.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
So, we overlook our PP and PK as being on the coaches to kill this thread?

Yes, this team was never the sinking ship some said.
Yes, this team has started performing better and playing more Torts hockey
Yes, there are still issues related to coaching with this team.

Seriously, how do we have two insanely gifted young Dmen and our PP is abysmal?
Or, and I don't now about the rest of you, how scared we could justifiably be with facing something like a Pitt or Wash PP for a playoff series since our kill is terrible most nights.

:naughty::naughty::naughty: Just adding gas to a dimming fire.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Can't let an off-topic conversation go in hopes of killing a thread you said was an abomination? Got it.
I have this thing where when people are wrong and pretend to be right it annoys me not to at least try the truth before letting it go because people just want to be blind and pretend the world is ending. You have to think at some point people will stop pretending we got obliterated last year and that in reality if Bob played anywhere close to what he did in the season we win. It wasn't being physical that's how we played so well. There was 1 game we got outplayed and no one can argue that game but the rest were all winnable if Bob plays like Bob or Fleury wasn't the complete opposite of what they were claiming he was.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I have this thing where when people are wrong and pretend to be right it annoys me not to at least try the truth before letting it go because people just want to be blind and pretend the world is ending. You have to think at some point people will stop pretending we got obliterated last year and that in reality if Bob played anywhere close to what he did in the season we win. It wasn't being physical that's how we played so well. There was 1 game we got outplayed and no one can argue that game but the rest were all winnable if Bob plays like Bob or Fleury wasn't the complete opposite of what they were claiming he was.
Except this isn't one of those cases. :) I'd be happy to go back and find some examples of what I'm talking about, if you'd like. But if everyone else wants the thread to die, I'll let it die.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Except this isn't one of those cases. :) I'd be happy to go back and find some examples of what I'm talking about, if you'd like. But if everyone else wants the thread to die, I'll let it die.
Wait for Canadian trip to be over, it may come to life. :D Torts and adversity, should be "fun".

Reactions: GoJackets1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad