The fact the Jets have the highest point percentage in the Central while having no players that are PPG is scary

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Since 2020/21, Eichel has 161 points in 171 games for 0.94 PPG
Scheifele has 263 in 265 for 0.99

Eichel makes $10 million, Scheifele makes $8.5. The only reason someone would prefer Eichel right now is his age, and that has little impact on this playoff season.
Yeah since most ppl on here watch magic beans and hype machines but not really hockey fact too.

#44 not getting the Norris over a E K is a joke. E K bring losing with him everywhere he goes and can't defend his lunch money from elementary kids.

Yeah give him the norris trophy and the norris doesn't need a capital N because it's a farce now.

Reactions: RR44

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Salty? Simply responding to the Winnipeg Hellebuycks comment from an Oilers fan. If any team knows anything about one player carrying their team its Oil fans so I just found the comment somewhat ironic and replied as such.
Well McD is a top 5 player of all time, what else would you expect? Nothing wrong with Helle carrying the Jets, he’s part of the team. Not sure what you’re salty about..

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I'm still taking Oettinger to steal me a series over Hellebuyck, which is how this arguement started. His playoff peak is higher than Hellebuyck's, and even with the last 2 series he averages out to be similar.

I know the guy got debunked already but this is an insanely bad take. And I'm a Stars fan.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
They went through a long stretch where they didn’t allow more than 1 goal or something like that right?

Reactions: Jets 31

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
To be perfectly honest I thought he had more than just a mop duty appearance prior to the Calgary series and that his sample size was slightly bigger than it is, my mistake there.

I'm still taking Oettinger to steal me a series over Hellebuyck, which is how this arguement started. His playoff peak is higher than Hellebuyck's, and even with the last 2 series he averages out to be similar.
Okay ladies the only way to settle this one is with a What If!

Okay What If Helly or OeTT played for the leafs and the leafs were up 4-1 in a game seven scenario with 10 mins left in the game; epic glory to be had!
What goalie would you want in net for your leafs team to finish an easy coasting win with 10 mins left before you start planning for that all exciting 2nd round SCPO's that has been so elusive for decades and decades.

Okay choose!
ren-and-stimpy-i-dont-like.gif

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Okay ladies the only way to settle this one is with a What If!

Okay What If Helly or OeTT played for the leafs and the leafs were up 4-1 in a game seven scenario with 10 mins left in the game; epic glory to be had!
What goalie would you want in net for your leafs team to finish an easy coasting win with 10 mins left before you start planning for that all exciting 2nd round SCPO's that has been so elusive for decades and decades.

Okay choose!
ren-and-stimpy-i-dont-like.gif
It really wouldn't matter because we all know that in your scenario the Leafs would still blow it.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Well McD is a top 5 player of all time, what else would you expect? Nothing wrong with Helle carrying the Jets, he’s part of the team. Not sure what you’re salty about..
I would absolutely love McJesus on the Jets and you are very lucky to get to have that bastard on your team damnit .:laugh: Having said that as a Jets fan i feel lucky to have Helly as a Jet .:nod:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Above average vs. "2 of the better defensive dmen in the league." don't seem like the same statement to me. But if that is what you meant then, fair enough I agree.
Fair enough, to me Miro = elite and at least a tier above any Jets dman defensively, if not 2 tiers. Not even sure if Morrissey is better than Lindell defensively, if he is it’s not by a wide margin. Offensively he’s way ahead of course.

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint and wasup

Lions67

Mar 6, 2018
Winnipeg
Ya'll can feel free to tell me to eat shit if I'm proven wrong in a few months, but this thread title is exactly why I'm not scared of them as a playoff contender. Just like with the Islanders and Hurricanes of the last few years, they're playing playoff hockey way too early. It's great to dominate the regular season like that, but I have a feeling they won't find that extra gear come playoff time that cup winners have.

Playing defensive hockey is great, but in a 32 team league with goaltending as mediocre as it is across the league, they should be scoring more than just mid pack during the regular season. If they can't put up goals now, what's gunna happen in the playoffs when games tighten up?
The Jets have not even begun to play “ playoff hockey” yet. Still have 14 more games to reach that gear.
But it’s coming and they will be extremely difficult to beat.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
They role 4 lines that can all score. They are fast and big and can forecheck the heck out of you. Look how they handled NY tonight. That score flatters the Rangers. 5 vs 5 how many teams in the league are better than them? Their PP has suffered this year due to injuries. Connor, Shief, and Vilardi have missed a lot of games. The addition of Monaghan and Toffoli have now made them more dangerous. Those that say they are not scared of their offense really don’t understand this team. I am not saying they will go far but they are the best Canadian team and have yet not shown their true potential due to injuries all year.
Rangers were missing 2 top Defensemen last night + it was their 7th game in 10 days I believe......I wouldn't use that game as a measuring stick versus NY.

Scoring will matter in the playoffs and it's why the Canes GM went out and got 2 top scoring guys at the deadline.

Jets have a very solid team though but the West is stacked and it may come down to which Goaltender was hot for the series

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
In that context, Helleybuyck is running something like 20% ahead of the pack. That’s ****ing ridiculous, similar to what McDavid did in the scoring race last year.
It is really not that ridiculous considering last 2 years these gaps were significanly bigger.
In a league where a typical game is decided by 1 goal, saving 14 goals on the season is a huge deal. Even if only half of those impact a W, that’s 7 wins… that’s 14 points… that’s the difference between Winnipeg and Vegas, coming from one guy’s performance.
14 points for 14 goals is best scenario, in most cases it will be lower.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think this kind of undersells the talent they have up front though. I wouldn't even say they are having "offensive struggles" as much as I would say, they haven't played to their full offensive potential

The offensive players could be scoring more but they have bought in to team defence. They are scoring less but winning more.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Rangers were missing 2 top Defensemen last night + it was their 7th game in 10 days I believe......I wouldn't use that game as a measuring stick versus NY.

Scoring will matter in the playoffs and it's why the Canes GM went out and got 2 top scoring guys at the deadline.

Jets have a very solid team though but the West is stacked and it may come down to which Goaltender was hot for the series
Jets were 7 in 12 going into last night's game and were missing 1RW. Not exactly the same, but the point is that all teams are tired and dinged up at this point in the season

What people are losing sight of here is that because the Jets have allowed so few goals, they haven't had to score as many to win games. During the stretches where they allowed 2 or less and 3 or less, they were able to get up a goal or two and roll 4 lines. Of course that will impact overall offensive numbers compared to a team down 3-2 going into the third who has to ride their top guys and end up winning 5-4 or something

As someone pointed out, the Jets are 3rd in the league in goal differential. There aren't many teams that can limit teams to 160 goals and still put up 260. The salary cap sees to that

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Fair enough, to me Miro = elite and at least a tier above any Jets dman defensively, if not 2 tiers. Not even sure if Morrissey is better than Lindell defensively, if he is it’s not by a wide margin. Offensively he’s way ahead of course.
Ummm….ya Morrissey is. By a mile. Josh is in the same tier as Heiskanen defensively and is ahead offensively. Morrissey is legit one of the best all round dmen in the league. In fact, a recent poll of NHL GM’s and execs had him ranked 9th best in the entire league. He was also 5th in Norris voting last year. Maybe try watching a few Jets games before commenting on their players next time.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Ummm….ya Morrissey is. By a mile. Josh is in the same tier as Heiskanen defensively and is ahead offensively. Morrissey is legit one of the best all round dmen in the league. In fact, a recent poll of NHL GM’s and execs had him ranked 9th best in the entire league. He was also 5th in Norris voting last year. Maybe try watching a few Jets games before commenting on their players next time.
I don’t believe he’s in the same tier defensively as Miro. I think Miro is top 3 defensively.

My main point here is that I believe Oettinger has played behind better defensive teams than Helle has.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
If they face the Preds in the first round there might be an upset. Nashville is 2-1 against the Jets so far this season and have been playing some good hockey lately. It would be a great series either way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad