The ending Matt Duchene thread (Duchene traded to Ottawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
1 - Panarin - 11pts
t2 - Jones - 9pts
t2 - Wennberg - 9pts
t4 - Bjorkstrand - 8pts
t4 - Anderson - 8pts
t4 - Foligno - 8pts
t4 - Calvert - 8pts
t4 - Werenski - 8pts

Duchene - 8pts
Huh. Didn't realize Calvert was producing that much. Goes to show you can still be watching all the games and regularly checking the statsheets and still miss stuff, even with players you particularly like.

Reactions: Jackets16

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Huh. Didn't realize Calvert was producing that much. Goes to show you can still be watching all the games and regularly checking the statsheets and still miss stuff, even with players you particularly like.
It's great seeing Matty have such a solid start. He certainly always provides energy and sandpaper play; what's nice is to see him posting on the scoresheet, too.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Hopefully they get a deal done , now that Carlsson is back , send Murray, Milano , and pick, and get it done . You can’t bring in a player like Bread, and not put him in a position to excel. The makeup of our current team is not good enough to be s legit contender . You aren’t going to match up with Pittsburgh , rolling a center lineup of Foligno, Dubi, and Wennberg

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Nothing confirmed yet but appears we're the odd man out in 3 team swap... sounds like it was everything that was rumored on Friday.

EDIT: and there is Howitz with the official word.. so long Duchene/Turris.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Duchene traded and not to the Jackets.

How much longer are they going to sit idly by while our centers continue to under perform

Maybe when the team isn't in first place im the division?

I get that the "sky is falling" is your schtick but good lord, there's 5 months to figure this out.

RE: the trade, I have a hard time believing we could beat that.

Reactions: Jackets16

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Avs don’t even get an NHL player or a first round pick back for Duchene. How is Sakic not fired on the spot?

Everything I've seen has them getting Ottawa's 1st not to mention a 2nd & 3rd rounder... lol..

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Holy.
****ing.

From Ottawa: Turris, Hammond, Bowers, 1st 2018, 3rd 2018
To Ottawa: Duchene

From Preds: Girard, Kamenev, 2nd 2018
To Preds: Turris (promptly extended $6m/yr for 6 yrs)

From Colorado: Duchene
To Colorado: Girard, Kamenev, Hammond, Bowers, OTT 1st 2018, NSH 2nd 2018, OTT 3rd 2018

Colorado got THREE blue-chippers plus the 1st, a backup goaltender, and two more picks on top of that, all for Duchene. Made out like ****ing bandits.

Somebody finally paid Sakic's asking price. Thank G-d Almighty it wasn't us. Wow. ****ing wow.

Reactions: Ararana

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Holy.
****ing.

From Ottawa: Turris, Hammond, Bowers, 1st 2018, 3rd 2018
To Ottawa: Duchene

From Preds: Girard, Kamenev, 2nd 2018
To Preds: Turris (promptly extended $6m/yr for 6 yrs)

From Colorado: Duchene
To Colorado: Girard, Kamenev, Hammond, Bowers, OTT 1st 2018, NSH 2nd 2018, OTT 3rd 2018

Colorado got THREE blue-chippers plus the 1st, a backup goaltender, and two more picks on top of that, all for Duchene. Made out like ****ing bandits.

Somebody finally paid Sakic's asking price. Thank G-d Almighty it wasn't us. Wow. ****ing wow.

What doesn't make a lot of sense to me is what Ottawa gave up...

Duchene & Turris are pretty dang close IMO... This trade doesn't make them any better and Duchene will likely want same money if not more than what Turris just got from Nashville.

Nashville just got even more scarier though ... and didn't have to give up any of the current stud D-men. (I bet you're smiling inside about that, with the Preds being your 2nd team and all ;) )

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Team that made out best here was Nashville. When they say they're all in, they mean it. Turris is a huge add, and got him to sign an extension too.

Prospects are prospects for Colorado. Kamenev is good. Hammond sucks. The picks are nice. The rest are wild cards.

Ottawa gets better slightly, I think. I don't know if it was worth losing Turris to gain an extra year of Duchene. Keeping both would have been ideal. But.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Team that made out best here was Nashville. When they say they're all in, they mean it. Turris is a huge add, and got him to sign an extension too.

Prospects are prospects for Colorado. Girard is good. Hammond sucks. The picks are nice. The rest are wild cards.

Ottawa gets better slightly, I think. I don't know if it was worth losing Turris to gain an extra year of Duchene. Keeping both would have been ideal. But.

Fixed for you.. (bold)

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What doesn't make a lot of sense to me is what Ottawa gave up...

Duchene & Turris are pretty dang close IMO... This trade doesn't make them any better and Duchene will likely want same money if not more than what Turris just got from Nashville.

Nashville just got even more scarier though ... and didn't have to give up any of the current stud D-men. (I bet you're smiling inside about that, with the Preds being your 2nd team and all ;) )
Ottawa can afford the hit to their futures because of their depth. That said, it was a ludicrous amount to give up.

As for the Preds... the roster has me grinning, but the prospect pool has me screaming in horror. It was already dangerously thin. Now? Potentially catastrophic unless the 2018 draft goes really well.

* * *​

Prospects are prospects for Colorado. Kamenev is good. Hammond sucks. The picks are nice. The rest are wild cards.

Girard is looking like Ellis 2.0 at a young age; I wouldn't write him off so quickly. Put it this way - he might already be the best LD on that team. And Bowers is a very high quality prospect, although Ottawa has a few guys ahead of him simply because they've got so many good forwards.

Essentially, the Preds are pushing very hard for this year and next. After that, Rinne and Ellis both come off the books. There's nobody ready to replace Rinne (Saros is still shaky), and Ellis is on a sweetheart deal that has made their cap management possible; retaining him is going to be a major effort. If that can be properly navigated, and the 2018 draft is done well, Nashville can come out of this fantastically well off. They're already in very good shape for competing this year as a result, but I worry about what's been done to future years.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
So , I guess another year of getting knocked out of the playoffs early . This sucks on so many levels . Our centers will keep this team from reaching the next level

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Gee, finally it's over. Can we somehow steal Barkov from Florida?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad