The ending Matt Duchene thread (Duchene traded to Ottawa)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
So , I guess another year of getting knocked out of the playoffs early . This sucks on so many levels . Our centers will keep this team from reaching the next level

I'd have liked to have Duchene... But, I easily see why Jarmo had to "tap out" on this deal..

Just for fun- Honestly, what is everybody's opinion of what our offer would be to come close to matching the return that Colorado got for just Matt Duchene?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd have liked to have Duchene... But, I easily see why Jarmo had to "tap out" on this deal..

Just for fun- Honestly, what is everybody's opinion of what our offer would be to come close to matching the return that Colorado got for just Matt Duchene?

Good question.

So, let's just take the whole 3 team thing out of the equation and focus on the prospects they got. They got Kamenev, Girard, and Bowers. Bowers, a late first, Girard, a 2nd, and Kamenev , a 2nd from a few years ago, as well as three picks. The most important piece of this deal was the two prospect defenseman and the picks.

So, IMO, our realistic offer would be Carlsson (late 1st)+Abramov (3rd, but playing above his draft slot)+Peeke (2nd round defenseman. Probably our best prospect defenseman after Carlsson) in addition to at least a 1st and 2nd round pick.

It was pretty clear they didn't want Murray.

Hammond isn't part of the equation, as we have no comparison to him and he has no value to Colorado anyway.

Idk if this made sense. But it's kind of hard to compare a 2 team deal to a 3 team.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Good question.

So, let's just take the whole 3 team thing out of the equation and focus on the prospects they got. They got Kamenev, Girard, and Bowers. Bowers, a late first, Girard, a 2nd, and Kamenev , a 2nd from a few years ago, as well as three picks. The most important piece of this deal was the two prospect defenseman and the picks.

So, IMO, our realistic offer would be Carlsson (late 1st)+Abramov (3rd, but playing above his draft slot)+Peeke (2nd round defenseman. Probably our best prospect defenseman after Carlsson) in addition to at least a 1st and 2nd round pick.

It was pretty clear they didn't want Murray.

Hammond isn't part of the equation, as we have no comparison to him and he has no value to Colorado anyway.

Idk if this made sense. But it's kind of hard to compare a 2 team deal to a 3 team.

Everything was fine until you said “Hammond has no value to Colorado”...

Sure, he was horrendous last year in his brief stint in the NHL but his career numbers are beyond impressive.

In 55 games in the league, he has 4 shutouts to go along with a 2.32 GAA and a 0.923 save percentage.

Oh and.. He has a 2.61 GAA, 0.925 save percentage in the A this year.

Needless to say, I’d take him over Korpi 10/10 times.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Everything was fine until you said “Hammond has no value to Colorado”...

Sure, he was horrendous last year in his brief stint in the NHL but his career numbers are beyond impressive.

In 55 games in the league, he has 4 shutouts to go along with a 2.32 GAA and a 0.923 save percentage.

Oh and.. He has a 2.61 GAA, 0.925 save percentage in the A this year.

Needless to say, I’d take him over Korpi 10/10 times.

Hammond actually has no value to Colorado. It’s already been said they’re looking to flip him.

And no, you would not take Hammond over Korpisalo. Nobody would. He was a flash in the pan...there’s a reason why he hasn’t stuck around on their big club.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Hammond actually has no value to Colorado. It’s already been said they’re looking to flip him.

And no, you would not take Hammond over Korpisalo. Nobody would. He was a flash in the pan...there’s a reason why he hasn’t stuck around on their big club.
If they flip Hammond, he is worth whatever they get for him.

Let’s pretend they get a 4th round pick. If so the Jackets would have needed to offer Carlsson, Abramov, Peeke , a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th.

No thank you

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

Actually, yes I would or else I wouldn’t say it. Glad you know my opinions better than myself.. 55 NHL games with those career stats is not a “flash in the pan”, give me a break.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Actually, yes I would or else I wouldn’t say it. Glad you know my opinions better than myself.. 55 NHL games with those career stats is not a “flash in the pan”, give me a break.

Well your opinions are wrong. Hammond is 29 years old, has been out of college and at the pro level for 5 years now and has only played 55 games...never becoming a full time capable backup after his crazy 24 game run in 2014-15. Quit making him out to be an all-star caliber backup goalie. Fringe backup, and not better than Korpisalo.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Well your opinions are wrong. Hammond is 29 years old, has been out of college and at the pro level for 5 years now and has only played 55 games...never becoming a full time capable backup after his crazy 24 game run in 2014-15. Quit making him out to be an all-star caliber backup goalie. Fringe backup, and not better than Korpisalo.

Quit making Korpisalo out to be a quality backup goalie when he is very much so the opposite.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I like how this is an Andrew Hammond debate now.. Granted, I don't think Andrew Hammond has much significance of value considered to all of their other assets that Colorado got. Heck, he's cleared waivers for a couple years in a row now.

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad