The End of the Blackhawks Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
I don't know that it qualifies in the traditional dynasty sense but what they did was impressive. To break down and manage to put a cup winning team together three separate times under the cap is a totally different skill. I think the Toews and Kane contracts will ultimately be too much of an obstacle to get around though. It's probably the end.
Hawks need defense. it's really shown huge cracks the last few years. Crawford was the teams mvp for sure imo. aging defense with nmc. yikes

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Hard to have a dynasty now with 30, 31 and soon 32 teams. 3 in 6 is damn good. I'd consider 3 in 3 a true dynasty. Doubtful anyone wins 5 in a row ever again. Cap will put an end to that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They aren't really a dynasty. The Penguins are the only team that could potentially be a dynasty if they win the cup this year or the next.

3 in 3 or 3 in 4 would separate them from every other team in the league even more than they are already separated.

All thanks to Phil Kessel, one of the most underrated players to ever play the game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Couldn't literally any team go and win multiple consecutive Cups and be a dynasty? Why only the Pens?

They were already back to back champs. If they win 3 in 4, 4 in 5. I’d say they are a dynasty.

Other teams can be dynasties as well. We just don’t know yet though.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It really does feel over at this point. Sad, makes you feel old.

Kane and Toews will all be 30 next seasons start. Keith and Seabrook nearing glue factory.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
their dynasty ended when patrick kane scored the 2nd goal in game 6 of the cup finals against tampa bay in 2015

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
"Dynasty" should be filtered and automatically replaced with something like "prolapsed rectum". Not only is it hilarious but it'd stop another thread from becoming a hundred posts saying "not a dynasty".

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

"Dynasty" should be filtered and automatically replaced with something like "prolapsed rectum". Not only is it hilarious but it'd stop another thread from becoming a hundred posts saying "not a dynasty".
:laugh:

I'd like to add "generational" to that filter.

Reactions: Amorgus

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
They aren't really a dynasty. The Penguins are the only team that could potentially be a dynasty if they win the cup this year or the next.

3 in 3 or 3 in 4 would separate them from every other team in the league even more than they are already separated.

All thanks to Phil Kessel, one of the most underrated players to ever play the game.
What it means to be a dynasty has changed with increasing parity.

Also, while Kessel is a great help, not a single Pens cup has been "all thanks to Phil Kessel."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad