The End of the Blackhawks Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
With 8 straight loses, and the west stronger than ever, I think we can finally say the Blackhawks have reached the end. Towes hasn't been playing anywhere near his 10.5 million dollar cap hit in recent years. Recent returns in Saad and Murphy have been awful to say the least. The depth is still horrible. Crawford and Hossa remain on the LTIR with no real rhyme or reason when they'll be healthy. Keith is finally slowing down and Seabrook now looks to have one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

So can we officially say they are done? 24-26-8 record and LAST in their division.
Debate time!

Reactions: libertarian

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
That incarnation of the team is done. They are now building a new core. I expect them to pick around top 5 the next 2 drafts. Then we’ll see what happens, but yeah, you can close the book on the old core driving the bus. They are now passengers other than Kane.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
RIP Hawks

At least you guys had a good time. 3 cups aint shabby. They were consistently a threat for a decade. All good things must come to an end sadly.

Accepting that its done makes it easier.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I'll call if off if they miss next season or limp in and get bounced quickly. 1 bad year isn't enough for me to pronounce them dead. I will say, it looks gloomy for them.

Reactions: iSophagus

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
They weren't a dynasty to begin with...

But either way, it could be the end, or they could find the right coach and turn it around like Bruins did.

Eric Robson

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah a dynasty to me is sustained and unrivaled dominance. 3 in 6 is nice but you're not really a dynasty if you're taking years off
I'm really not sure man, like 3 cups in 6 years is impressive by NHL standards. Use leafs fans have waited 50 plus for one at this point.
In today's NHL winning one is good, winning two -3 in a small spam is rare

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I'm really not sure man, like 3 cups in 6 years is impressive by NHL standards. Use leafs fans have waited 50 plus for one at this point.
In today's NHL winning one is good, winning two -3 in a small spam is rare
So do we have 3 dynasties at the same time then?
Just because winning a cup is impressive doesn't mean they're a dynasty

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
If they don't move a couple contracts the '19-'20 and '20-'21 seasons could be pretty brutal.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Was a good run by them... played a lot of hockey the last decade... sucks it seems to hit some of the stars hard as they aged.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
So many threads on this website devolve into semantics about terms with arbitrary goal posts. Dynasty or no to the point of this thread yeah theyre done they could retool around Kane but the contracts make it tough. Their offseason this year was awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad