TSN: The Drouin Saga Part III "Don't Tell Me What the Poets are Drouin"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
As much as I wanted him here (until Bergevin's PC), for Drouin's sake and Therrien's for that matter, better he goes somewhere else.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
With the inability to use Galchenyuk properly, I doubt Drouin would come into the Habs and have success as long as Therrien is still behind the bench.

So how would you use Galchenyuk properly?

Take him off the PP and put him on PK instead?

Give him 75% defensive zone starts like Michel instead of 67% o-zone starts?

Play him against the top lines instead of vs 3rd and 4th lines?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office

...how about play him with skill instead of grinders...or play him in his proper position instead of a lesser talent that is also not nearly as important to the team going forward...you know, what most head coaches would do with a blossoming talent...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
...how about play him with skill instead of grinders...or play him in his proper position instead of a lesser talent that is also not nearly as important to the team going forward...you know, what most head coaches would do with a blossoming talent...

:handclap:
Pretty easy actually.
Put him at center with one of Pacioretty or Gallagher.
Or play him with both....or put the EGG line back together.

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Drouin, regardless what one thinks of him, is NOT the magic bullet that will fix this team.
The holes in the Hab's roster are greater than one player can fix.
Trading assets to acquire a player of dubious character, particularly in Montreal where the media & fans eat there own young, will compound a bad situation.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007

Once the standings reflect the PC, i.e team sacrificed the playoffs for the good of Michel Therrien, I believe lots of posters will be very happy with him and Weise being centered by DD. Most everybody will soon be on the same wave-length.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

What is his proper position? He played wing his last year OHL and had looked more comfortable LW in the NHL.

I'd love for him to become a #1 NHL center, but his tools don't appear to fit that, so I prefer not trying the square peg in round hole thing.

Ideally they have to add another top 6 forward but they don't grow on trees. Desharnais isn't chopped liver, Pacioretty has put up almost 40 goals a year with him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Drouin, regardless what one thinks of him, is NOT the magic bullet that will fix this team.
The holes in the Hab's roster are greater than one player can fix.
Trading assets to acquire a player of dubious character, particularly in Montreal where the media & fans eat there own young, will compound a bad situation.

Has anybody suggested he would be?

He's long term help, not short term.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

Like Drouin's usage? You do remember your posting in a Drouin thread?

Or how about Yakupov? Horvat playing 4th line last year, and currently behind McCann?

Nylander in the minors when AG was playing 14 a game in the NHL.

Forsberg behind Fiala.

Jesus last year AG played with our best C and our best RW and you guys went nuts.

You guys really, really, really need to follow a few other teams and get a feel for how other coaches use their lines. Every team spreads their talent out as much as possible, and we have very little talent, so AG is going to be asked to carry a line, or play a position. Do you really think that every young talented player steps into the NHL and is playing first line C by 21?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
What is his proper position? He played wing his last year OHL and had looked more comfortable LW in the NHL.

I'd love for him to become a #1 NHL center, but his tools don't appear to fit that, so I prefer not trying the square peg in round hole thing.

Ideally they have to add another top 6 forward but they don't grow on trees. Desharnais isn't chopped liver, Pacioretty has put up almost 40 goals a year with him.

...no, he's looked better at centre over the course of his NHL career than he has at wing, and that's clear as day...even if he won't ever become a #1C, he could very easily right now slot in perfectly as our #2 centre...and yes, Davey isn't chopped liver; he's just not a Top 6 player and stop with the fallacy that Davey was anything but a passenger with Patches, we all know that dog won't hunt...

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Like Drouin's usage? You do remember your posting in a Drouin thread?

Or how about Yakupov? Horvat playing 4th line last year, and currently behind McCann?

Nylander in the minors when AG was playing 14 a game in the NHL.

Forsberg behind Fiala.

Jesus last year AG played with our best C and our best RW and you guys went nuts.

You guys really, really, really need to follow a few other teams and get a feel for how other coaches use their lines. Every team spreads their talent out as much as possible, and we have very little talent, so AG is going to be asked to carry a line, or play a position. Do you really think that every young talented player steps into the NHL and is playing first line C by 21?

...you make no point...none...and I remember my posts just fine...all you do is post Contrarian and then run & hide when you can't back it up with anything but more Contrarian posts...Chucky has proven he's ready for centre...he shown he's a better option than Desharnais in a Top 6 centre role...he was given ONE shot last year to play #1C and he was almost PPG, yet is given NO OTHER OPPORTUNITY to do so while others (see: Desharnais) is given MULTIPLE shots at "recreating their magic" without any results...end...of...story...:shakehead

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Give Yzerman whatever he wants as long as it's not Chucky, Gally, Patch, Subban or Price, and get on with it. Galchenyuk needs a winger like Drouin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want him in a vaccuum. But he'd be coming in a big mess right now.

If Bergevin can use that to make it easier to acquire him, all the better. Of course, we've all heard the presser, there is absolutely no danger Bergevin will be overpaying, so if we get him, we'll deal with him. Getting him is the greatest hurdle.

DumFries

Jun 18, 2009
Shawinigan
I think this team has many issues as is. Bringing in a kid like Drouin will add to another. He's got talent and will help the Habs lots. He's on a ELC pretending to be some superstar. Do you really want that on this team right now? Then again, if the Habs acquire him they could change that. However, I hardly think Drouin playing under MT will do any good.

If history has taught us anything the past few years, the last Habs' GM rarely do anything extravagant. I don't expect MB to be any different. MB won't overpay. Maybe MB thinks he can get Stamkos for cheap as well. :laugh:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
So Drouins trade was never close. Walsh never got that info, made it up to get his client out of the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin isn't 100% and wanted time off rather than play.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So Drouins trade was never close. Walsh never got that info, made it up to get his client out of the lineup.

I wouldn't be surprised if Drouin isn't 100% and wanted time off rather than play.

I don't believe a word Yzerman says tbh. Walsh is much less likely to lie in this scenario, what does he have to gain by lying? It's not like his client is going to be traded faster if he lies about Yzerman, whereas Yzerman is trying to save face for his player walking out on him and his coach that he just re-upped.

Although Walsh is a lawyer :laugh:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Totally agree. The mishandling of Galchenyuk is the inept management's largest blunder to date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad