The Definitive HFVan All Time Favorite Jerseys Poll

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I went with original blue and green, but looking at the current poll numbers, I'm quite shocked there hasn't been more support for the "The Halloween Skate Jerseys 85-89".

Always thought those were great. Kinda got stuck in between some almost universally hated and almost universally loved uniforms.

Was very happy to pick one up at the year end sale last year.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The 'Skate' jersey is and always will be my favourite because it brought along the most magical moments I've had as a Canucks fan... But if I had to choose a jersey to go permanently with from now until the end of time.. Stick in Rink 100%. That is a classic and should be our logo. It just screams 'Canuck'.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
Though I've been a Canuck fan since the pre-NHL days, I like the current jersey best. The original stick in the rink design was great at the time, but the current design has more energy and involves more of the Canuck history. The material used now is also superior and much more vibrant, very much so in the green. I also like the use of the semi-native art style orca too. Definitely gives the logo a west coast theme together with the use of the blue & green colours.

The reason the team replaced the stick in the rink jersey was that the jersey colours were dull and didn't create enough enthusiasm in either the fans or the players. Unfortunately the flying V & the Halloween skate went overboard and those jerseys were ugly as hell and made us a laughing stock through out the league. The skate logo on the black and the white jerseys was nice though.

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
The flying V is the only jersey. It says FU! Everything else in sports looks the same to me and aren't worth discussing. They're just uniforms.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Henrik+Sedin+Ryan+Kesler+Montreal+Canadiens+pjcha217QBPx.jpg

That has my vote too. Add in the last names, use the blues as the road jersey and it's the best set by far.
These hands down....just add the nameplates.
Also like to add....wouldnt mind a cool shoulder patch and even the flying V pants in the blue green white colours.
3rds should be the millionaires heritage game classics those are unreal.

Last edited:

VanCity15

Apr 8, 2013
Vancouver, BC
I will always love the 80's home yellow. So distinctive and unique and it was very complementary to away black.

However, I will always love the original '70-'72 home white jersey. Just add the nameplate, green bordering around the font and add the skating Johnny Canuck, the inspiration for the team name as a shoulder patch.

If the Canucks, though, are to have a respected and timeless identity, they need to ditch the orca logo and go with Johnny Canuck. The orca logo was inspired by the former Orca Bay ownership. West coast or no west coast, the club should not be identified by an animal and they should not use third-rate Native art to cater to a couple of demographics. A logo should unite a fan base, not divide it.

Overfleas

Jul 28, 2016
The current set (although I can't vote). I don’t dislike the reworked orca or the wordmark and find the overall aesthetic the most satisfying. I’d have liked us to have gone with the current alternates and 40th anniversary jerseys instead of the current ones but totally get why people find the stick-in-rink too boring; it is boring but whatever, it has a classic look and that’s no bad thing.

I’d be very happy if the team was able to give the modern incarnations of the stick-in-rink 15 games each (home and away) plus have one-off home games with the black skate and Millionaires outfits.

Is there any rule on how many jerseys a team can wear in a season and how many time the firsts must be worn?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad