The Definitive HFVan All Time Favorite Jerseys Poll

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
So folks, it's "summer" so time for a summer thread. Anytime the topic of jerseys comes up, the crowd is never sold on which of our jersey sets, is our best set. So after this poll picks the winner, we will know what the majority favorite jerseys of all time, here on HF. I'll post pictures of each option.

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Pre-NHL

60s-Canuck-jersey.jpg

alumni4_hank_b.jpg

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
voted for the original blue and green (70-82) because there wasn't a voting option for the current alternates

i'd be happy if they just made a white version of that alternate for their away jersey and finally retired the orca bay sports and entertainment logo

although i did wear my stick n rink jersey to a canada day function here a few weeks ago and received a few 'why is the canucks logo a fishing hook' comments...had to explain that it was originally designed as a way to make a big 'C'

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
voted for the original blue and green (70-82) because there wasn't a voting option for the current alternates

i'd be happy if they just made a white version of that alternate for their away jersey and finally retired the orca bay sports and entertainment logo

although i did wear my stick n rink jersey to a canada day function here a few weeks ago and received a few 'why is the canucks logo a fishing hook' comments...had to explain that it was originally designed as a way to make a big 'C'

Well the idea is what set is our best set. Not what the best singular jersey

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
Flying Skate for me. Too much nostalgia, being a kid watching Bure, Linden and McLean.

I guess that makes me a Sk8ter Boy.....Ill show myself out.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
The skate winning is embarassing-- Nostalgia/sentimentality over aesthetic/taste.

The stick and rink is beautiful, distinct, and for my money as good as the classic jerseys around the league. The fact that it sounds like it would be too plain but ends up feeling perfect in practice only adds to the intrigue for me.

James Underbuss*

Mar 3, 2016
1 Flying Skate

2 Flying Skate

3 Flying Skate

4 Stick in rink

Our current colour scheme is weak weak weak. I can't wear any of it, makes me feel like I'm going to get punched in the face.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I remember thinking a little after the latest set came out... they finally got it right, now stick with it!

Looking back at the history of our jersey... that still holds true.

That one off game where they wore the skate, altho nostgic, its as lame as it was when we were originally wearing it.
If HF were around back then! Basically, they would be discussed as Bonino is currently.

Last edited:

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
The skate design is absolutely terrible(even though I still love it)

Either the current set or the originals are the best. The color scheme is perfect the only huge difference is the logo. And while the Orca is more established(longest used logo I believe?), I simplicity of the stick in rink is wonderful.

The single best jersey in this team's history was the 40th Anniversary Throwback, it has the classic style with the modern cut. I wish these were used as the permanent alternate(or at least change the current alt to use a white logo and not the modern blue on blue yuck)

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
I see I'm still the only one who voted original orcas. Somewhat surprised.

1 Flying Skate

2 Flying Skate

3 Flying Skate

4 Stick in rink

Our current colour scheme is weak weak weak. I can't wear any of it, makes me feel like I'm going to get punched in the face.

I don't mind our colour scheme that much. Don't get me wrong, I prefer black, but Blue and Green is a unique combination that epitomizes the Pacific Northwest. I'm sure it'd be the colour scheme of Seattle if they were to get a team.

Last edited:

BB6

Feb 14, 2012
Canada
The skate winning is embarassing-- Nostalgia/sentimentality over aesthetic/taste.

The stick and rink is beautiful, distinct, and for my money as good as the classic jerseys around the league. The fact that it sounds like it would be too plain but ends up feeling perfect in practice only adds to the intrigue for me.

Its all subjective, no need to be embarrassed because people don't share your opinion.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I see I'm still the only one who voted original orcas. Somewhat surprised.

I think the red outline of the whale is out of place. I prefer the current blue and white colour scheme.

In my order of preference:

Current Orca
90's Spaghetti Skate
Original Stick in Rink
Throwback Orca
Flying V
Pre-NHL
Halloween Spaghetti Skate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad