Proposal: The Dan Byslma Thread Like/Hate/Unsure

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Here is a thread to discuss the game by game ?s we have almost every game about disco Dan.

Out of the biggest shortcomings of the Sabres this year has been the guy behind the bench, and his inability to formulate a top 6 and his awful line combos pre/mid game.

The 5 v 5 numbers are pathetic, the fact Girgensons/Foligno get no PP time over Moulson is criminal. Even Gionta over them is even bad in its own right.

Does this guy deserve another year? He won a cup with a stacked team, and clearly shows no coaching prowess, and the younger players not taking a step up is a warning as well.

What do you guys think, and potential replacements?

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Uh, this thread already exists.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2005081&highlight=bylsma

I imagine you can post your poll in there. By the way, the poll choices are hilarious.

1. Fire him, he sucks.
2. Keep him, I guess, though he's no value added.
3. I dunno, but I'm not impressed.

Real diversity of choices there.

The team is probably going to end up in the bottom 3 of the league. Are expecting anyone to love the guy at this point? What has he done that impresses you so much that you need another category?

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC

I imagine you can post your poll in there. By the way, the poll choices are hilarious.

1. Fire him, he sucks.

I was coming in here to say the exact same thing.

I like Blysma. :)

Now I'm going to let myself out before I'm deleted along with the thread itself.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
The team is probably going to end up in the bottom 3 of the league. Are expecting anyone to love the guy at this point? What has he done that impresses you so much that you need another category?

This is such a farce that I love him. I've complained about plenty of things he's done (e.g., Gio's playing time early, Sam's lack of playing time early, Gorges-Risto, just to name a few).

Additionally, the counter-argument to yours is that prior to ROR's injury, 80 pts was looking eminently reasonable - they were 9-6-3 in their previous 19 games, and had pts in 8 of the previous 10. You know who would've considered 80 pts a success prior to the season? Just about every single poster in here; indeed, many would've considered that to be overachieving.

These options are a joke. There's not a choice. The poll is effectively, "Let's all agree he sucks, but what should we do with him."

Clock

May 13, 2006
You should probably add a few more options (or change the thread title) since all of the ones you presently have are all different versions of "I don't like him."

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
You should probably add a few more options (or change the thread title) since all of the ones you presently have are all different versions of "I don't like him."

A few new options.....

4) He's a witch! Burn him!

5) What would Jim Benning do?

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo

1. Fire him, he sucks.

Sorry I didn't see the thread from
December grandmaster.

Updates and newly found observations could be discussed though.

pretty easy to lose a thread

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
I chose option 2, but the only opinion I think that is going to matter is Jack Eichel's.

I fear there would be a danger in cycling through coaches so rapidly with so much youth and impressionability on the team. They are going to get better with time and growth. Some security/continuity (particularly from the coaching position) could be good for cultivating that.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
It was moreso making excuses for him in the eyes of what people who are indifferent or may not mind him use.

Cuz I'm sure in not the only ones who have heard about it

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
It was moreso making excuses for him in the eyes of what people who are indifferent or may not mind him use.

Cuz I'm sure in not the only ones who have heard about it

I've read this about six times now and I still don't know what you're trying to say.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Hard to make a top 6 out of 3 legitimate Top 6 forwards. Harder when two of them are 19/20
No it's not that hard to make a legit top 6, and it's not legit in terms of caliber in NHL, it's legit in terms are these are my best 6 offensive players and I'm gonna put them together.

He's done it a few times this year and we've actually scored goals. He's never really gave Eichel any consistency with his line mates all year. Which is pretty necessary for a rookie, when you look at...
Larkin,Draisaitl, Panarin, McDavid, Domi...etc

They play with lines that fit them and are successful. Yes Panarin plays with Kane spare me that, but it's about plan and consistency, in which is not shown or known for Danny B at this point.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
I've read this about six times now and I still don't know what you're trying to say.
It means if a person who is indifferent meaning they aren't sure what to think about him, or people who may not mind him as coach may say about him.

If I think Bylsma is whatever and I'm more concerned about the players we get and the team is loaded then im not really gonna care about Bylsma. Which would be the middle choice.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
As in response to myllz it's really not hard to understand.

People have said to me that they're not too concerned about Bylsma because either 1.) it won't matter the team will eventually have too much talent that we'd be similar to the Pittsburgh team or 2.) Bylsma will improve with time with his team.

It's moreso explaining the excuses/viewpoints behind the choices

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey

People have said to me that they're not too concerned about Bylsma because either 1.) it won't matter the team will eventually have too much talent that we'd be similar to the Pittsburgh team or 2.) Bylsma will improve with time with his team.

This was your first post in this thread where your grammar was able to be understood.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT

It's moreso explaining the excuses/viewpoints behind the choices

It is when your sentence structure has such bad syntax that it actually is difficult to understand what you're trying to say.

Anyway, how about an "I like him and think he's doing a good job" option? Or perhaps "reserving judgment/too early to tell"?

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Bylsma frustrates me. A lot. But I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm trying to tell myself that what is short term confusing for a simpleton like myself is really part of Bylsma's genius plan to make this team better long term. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad