The Cycling Thread

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Why, with California in a multi year drought, is the forecast calling for snow in Big Bear on Friday (a week before Memorial day no less) for the ToC ITT? I'll be there no matter what, but jeez, it ain't gonna be easy getting all the photos I was hoping for. :help:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Sagan is a 2nd place legend these last two seasons

But he really like California where he has won 11 times to go with this year's seconds...;)

i-WGV2dBj-M.jpg
i-pmgHWPr-M.jpg
i-cbTvZZ2-M.jpg

Cruor

May 12, 2012
I'm not sure if someone saw todays Giro, but there was a brutal accident at the finish line. An Italian rider was riding all the way to the left, and got bumped into the crowd and fell. I had to do a double take when they showed him and his arm...brutal. That's the type of injury that ends careers. Contador did a sommersault aswell.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Colli's injury was horrific. Some people makes me sick, it's time to go after these idiots and punish them. But in Italy nobody gets punished... :banghead:

Great finish today, perfect strategy for Lampre Merida: Richeze piloted perfectly Modolo but it was too steep for him, on the other side Ulissi took advantage and won the stage over Lobato. Wow!

Cruor

May 12, 2012
Colli's injury was horrific. Some people makes me sick, it's time to go after these idiots and punish them. But in Italy nobody gets punished... :banghead:

Great finish today, perfect strategy for Lampre Merida: Richeze piloted perfectly Modolo but it was too steep for him, on the other side Ulissi took advantage and won the stage over Lobato. Wow!

A good idea would be to have a higher fence there, there's no reason the audience should be able to lean onto the race course. At least not there.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I was at the Tour of California yesterday and today taking photos. I was at the 100 meter sign on yesterday's sprint finish and made sure to stay out of the action. Same thing for today's ITT. But I will tell you it's amazing to see how fast those guys are going in a sprint or a TT.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yesterday's climb to Mount Baldy was amazinggggggggggggggg

Landa is much stronger than I expected... at times he looks even stronger than Aru.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
Sagan gets it.
Lots of drama :D

I just watched the re-run, wow that was intense! That has to be the closest finish in years? Sagan made a fan out of me a few years back at the Tour of California when he had that string of crazy sprint finishes. At one stage he blew a tire a few km's before the finish line, changed it, raced like a mad man just in time for the sprint and won it :laugh: I was sold.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Could Italy please send some of that rain to California? Please? :help: I'd swear I saw Noah building an ark along the route today. :nod: Is the whole race gonna be run in the rain?

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Mortirolo is NEVER a letdown. AP put up a ****ing show, just a class above anybody else. Landa and Kruiswijk were great, Aru not good.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Difficult to find better climbs than the Mortirolo... was a very good stage though Landa could have tried to go alone and... see what happens, he had great legs.

I didn't know all of a sudden Amador turned into a GV-contender :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad