The curious case of Jamie Benn

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
What has happened with him this season besides the owner calling him out? His play looks to be subpar and points are looking to be one of his worst seasons since 16-17 and his rookie season.
Either he is getting old, or he is simply having a down year, it's not hard to figure out.

Reactions: Estlin

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
It's not shocking for a power forward to be declining as they're about to turn 30. Probably just a down year within that decline, but you shouldn't expect him to get back to his previous peak.

Reactions: maxbme

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Surprised to see him go down. For a while he was looking quite good. Be interesting to see if he bounces back next year or not.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
According to HF once a player approaches 30 that's it.

So basically Benn is done as an impact NHLer.:thumbu:

Reactions: Danythegod

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
He's had 2 hip surgeries.... I imagine that's at least partially responsible for the decline. Look what it did to Kesler

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Even Seguin is having a sub par year

No? He's got 75 points and has been playing fine defense as usual.

He's been exceptionally streaky this year, sure, but I think his performance as a whole is in line with the norm. Especially considering how poor Dallas has been at scoring most of the season.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hip problems are really difficult to bounce back from for hockey players. Dallas also just doesn't score that much. Could still have a good playoffs, he's a beast when he feels like it.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No? He's got 75 points and has been playing fine defense as usual.

He's been exceptionally streaky this year, sure, but I think his performance as a whole is in line with the norm. Especially considering how poor Dallas has been at scoring most of the season.

It's actually 77 now . :thumbu:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well he cruised through the first half of the season so that never helps. He doesn't put much effort in, but when he wants to he can completely take over a game still, although it hasn't been often this season. I expect him to be classic Jamie Benn come playoff time. I also think he has an injury that we don't know much about, cause he has missed some games already this season and will be sitting out fridays game to rest for the playoffs.

On the bright side, he still has 27 goals on a bottom 3 offense in the NHL

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
Down year. Unless you are Sidney Crosby, elite players are going to have down years in the league. Claude Giroux, Anze Kopitar recently had 50-something point seasons just off the top of my head. Ovechkin's had 65 and 69 point seasons. It happens

Burnzie Furnzie

Dec 16, 2018
That tape job on his stick is finnaly affecting his game .He does play a style of hockey that takes a tear on his body faster,most guys that age start to decline except Ovy maybe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad