GDT: The Connor Show x2 (Canucks @ Oilers, 7 PM)

Who gets more points today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
No Ennis or Bouchard and McLeod is stuck with Neal and Chiasson?!

Screen_Shot_2019-08-30_at_1.57.08_PM.jpg

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Holland and Tippett have had a great year. No doubt about it. That being said, theres been so many times this year where I really haven’t understood the roster and line up decisions. But what do I know.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Holland and Tippett have had a great year. No doubt about it. That being said, theres been so many times this year where I really haven’t understood the roster and line up decisions. But what do I know.
That's ultimately it. Based on how he has done things, he at least is aware of the things we are aware of. He knows the DRY line and why it was successful, but has chosen not to play it for whatever reason, and maybe there is wisdom to it. I do approach it that way. It's not about apologizing for his moves. It's about trying to figure out the logic of them.

There's no arguing with results. That benefits Tippett because there is success. However it does set up the opposite. If the Oilers top players seem lethargic in the playoffs, then it will put into question Tippett's decision not to give top players any rest. But hey, the best coaches probably stick to their guns and take gambles like that.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
That's ultimately it. Based on how he has done things, he at least is aware of the things we are aware of. He knows the DRY line and why it was successful, but has chosen not to play it for whatever reason, and maybe there is wisdom to it. I do approach it that way. It's not about apologizing for his moves. It's about trying to figure out the logic of them.

There's no arguing with results. That benefits Tippett because there is success. However it does set up the opposite. If the Oilers top players seem lethargic in the playoffs, then it will put into question Tippett's decision not to give top players any rest. But hey, the best coaches probably stick to their guns and take gambles like that.
I like the lines right now and DRY isn’t one of them.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
KRY > DRY
Let's see how they do against a competitive team, but yes I would like that line to get some time together

The ultimate version of this team is one where Drai and McDavid are separated. That doesn't mean that putting them together now is the wrong thing.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Let's see how they do against a competitive team, but yes I would like that line to get some time together

The ultimate version of this team is one where Drai and McDavid are separated. That doesn't mean that putting them together now is the wrong thing.
I agree. They’ve had chemistry. Only thing I think that line needs more is a better shooter. Kahun has a bad snapper. Nuge doesn’t shoot as much and Yam is snake bitten.

I think Yam scores tonight

Reactions: Llamamoto

Klimando Kostani

Sep 17, 2013
Victoria
Yes he did, at todays press conference. Maybe take a few minutes and listen to it...

Sure he mentions why he isn't going to play Bouchard.

I know what I meant, probably what the original guy I was quoting meant, is what they are doing with Bouchard in regards to development.

I'm not an NHL coach, so I'll have to take his word for it. The idea that no one on defense needs, or would benefit, from a few games off right now doesn't jive and not making an effort to get this young man in the lineup all season doesn't either.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Sure he mentions why he isn't going to play Bouchard.

I know what I meant, probably what the original guy I was quoting meant, is what they are doing with Bouchard in regards to development.

I'm not an NHL coach, so I'll have to take his word for it. The idea that no one on defense needs, or would benefit, from a few games off right now doesn't jive and not making an effort to get this young man in the lineup all season doesn't either.
We want some depth rolling into playoffs and it’s seems like they feel Bouchard is clearly past the AHL.

Oilerfan88

Jan 26, 2021
Watching NHLs best highlights before the game on Sportsnet west. Not a single oilers highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad