GDT: The Connor Show x2 (Canucks @ Oilers, 7 PM)

Who gets more points today?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
At 7 PM tonight, Connor McDavid and the Edmonton Oilers take on the Vancouver Canucks as he continues his quest for 100 points.

cut.jpg

Also at 7 PM tonight, Connor Bedard—8 years his junior—and Team Canada take on Team Russia in the U18 Finals. Connor Bedard leads Canada in scoring as a 15 year old. Soon the NHL will have two Connors at the top of the scoring race every season.

connor-bedard---credit-ryan-mccullough-hhof-iihf-images---web.jpg;w=960

Also at 7 PM, Evan Bouchard—19 years his senior—will count his grey hairs while taking on the press box in an exciting match of Man vs Glass. It is expected that Connor Bedard will play his first NHL game before Bouchard gets in another one.

upload_2021-5-6_13-30-21.png

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Why play PRussell? I would just as soon dress Bouchard as 7 d-man and only dress 11 forwards. Surely Bouchard can get 10 minutes of ice practising PK, etc.

I don't mind playing PRussell, gotta keep everyone somewhat fresh going into the playoffs. But I'd give Larsson a game off at some point and get Bouchard back in.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I mean, if you're looking towards the future - and it's a contract leverage move too - you sit Barrie for one of the VAN games and insert Bouchard in the same role. Rest, but really an audition.

You're not doing it vs MTL because it's a playoff preview style game, but these ones? I mean.

Or you could sit a LHD like Jones and try a guy like Larsson on his left. Tippett isn't creative enough.

Definitely felt Bouchard earned another game at least. Even as 7D, he'll make more impact than P Russell.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't mind playing PRussell, gotta keep everyone somewhat fresh going into the playoffs. But I'd give Larsson a game off at some point and get Bouchard back in.

Especially since PRussell hasn’t been killing penalties yet this year. It’d be good to get him a couple shifts on the PK incase we need him come playoffs

Reactions: ujju2

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
What's more impressive? Mcdavid hitting 100 points this season or PRussell scoring a goal before the season is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad