The Chicago Bears move one step closer to moving to the NW burbs

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
4.6 billion?

What makes this and SoFi so much more expensive than say, Allegiant or Mercedes-Benz?

I'm sure the reason is in an article that I'm just too lazy to find and read right now. I imagine it has something to do with a whole district around the stadium instead of just the arena.
So, the Bears are then basically building the entertainment district while the city pays for the stadium, if we make that assumption.

Football stadiums are the most expensive bang for your buck (not sure at the price to build, especially an open air one in a cold weather city), you get a positive return on it. Thus, I get the suggestions for a dome, same goes for Buffalo.

Reactions: LT

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002

Gotta love Bears management

Finding a way to turn what should be positive week for organization/fans into a negative

Let's just say the response to Bears plan and how much taxpayer $ it wants is not positive.

I still think its a feint. "Hey, look, we tried to keep them in Chicago. It's your fault they're in AH, not ours"

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Ending parking and tailgating = Good way to turn even more people against your plan

Pretty clear this is completely DOA

Bears are going to go back to AH and claimed they "Tried"

Will be interesting if AH see's its leverage in situation and refuses to make concessions

All in all about as expected a disaster as you will get from Bears organization

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Also, the idea of the Bears playing indoors is repulsive. But everyone’s gonna do it now. The toothpaste is out of the tube.
Wear and tear of an open air stadium in cold weather. I mean, how long are the Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Eagles, Giants/Jets stadiums going to last?
Plus opens up more windows to generate revenue between Nov to April.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wear and tear of an open air stadium in cold weather. I mean, how long are the Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Eagles, Giants/Jets stadiums going to last?
Plus opens up more windows to generate revenue between Nov to April.
The thing is, how many of these events can you get? There’s only so many. There’s only one Super Bowl, one college football championship, one college basketball championship. There’s really 3 or 4 WWE events depending on how you look at it. This will already miss the World Cup. Taylor Swift only shows up every so often.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The thing is, how many of these events can you get? There’s only so many. There’s only one Super Bowl, one college football championship, one college basketball championship. There’s really 3 or 4 WWE events depending on how you look at it. This will already miss the World Cup. Taylor Swift only shows up every so often.

That's just it, there's only so many of these events and no matter what even with a dome northern cities will never be in a steady rotation like Miami, NOLA, LA etc.

They'd get their complimentary Super Bowl for building a new stadium but I don't see the NFL going back there for a while after (as great as Chicago is).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00